Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

greendom wrote: »
    City are a class apart this season. No one will come close. Top 4 is the best we can expect this season and sad to say i don't think any manager could change that

What's to celebrate then? 1 win? We should by right be challenging for the league at least but most likely another collapse will see Europa league football at best

We blew it against Leicester two years ago FFS. Any club would have sacked him then but not Profit FC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

What's to celebrate then? 1 win? We should by right be challenging for the league at least but most likely another collapse will see Europa league football at best

We blew it against Leicester two years ago FFS. Any club would have sacked him then but not Profit FC

What on earth makes you think they should be challenging for the league? They don’t spend the most in transfer windows or have the highest wages. That’s more down to Kroenke than Wenger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

For the vast majority of fans of clubs around the World its about celebrating the good moments when they happen and putting up with the crap.

Not beating Leicester to the title was definitely crap and yesterday was a cause for celebration. If you dont feel that way I don't get why you would bother supporting a particular club.

Its possible we could improve under a new manager and i think its time to give that a try but there are no guarantees.

That was a good day yesterday.

Doubly as I realised way too late that I left Kola and Belerin in my FF team!

What was with Kane? Was he sick? He was awful. Delighted with the win, but happiest as it came with a clean sheet.

I do hope Ozil signs, and I do hope that we see more of Laca-Ozil-Sanchez upfront. How those 3 don't start the big games I don't know. Easily our best front 3 formation.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I've been quite down on Arsenal recently, but I really enjoyed that yesterday.

I'd really like if they played like that on a regular basis, but I can enjoy a good victory for what it is.

• Advertisement

Apparently Arsenal are bringing Mislintat from Dortmund to replace Rowley as chief scout. Highly regarded supposedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Just watching that back again now (sober)! Really was terrific display. The highlights did the game no justice whatsoever! Ozil, Mustafi Lacca and Koscielny were bang on form and ran the show. Ozil especially. His tracking back was unseen before from him! Delighted with that, tempered by the fact that it's only 1 game, we need to see more of that now. Well done you Gunners!

L'prof wrote: »
    What on earth makes you think they should be challenging for the league? They don’t spend the most in transfer windows or have the highest wages. That’s more down to Kroenke than Wenger

Kroenke doesnt pick the team and Wenger has spent well over 150m on players. Im no fan of Kroenke but Wenger deserves his share of the blame. He has sent the lambs to slaughter in many games and his team dont look bothered half the time.

For the vast majority of fans of clubs around the World its about celebrating the good moments when they happen and putting up with the crap.

Not beating Leicester to the title was definitely crap and yesterday was a cause for celebration. If you dont feel that way I don't get why you would bother supporting a particular club.

Its possible we could improve under a new manager and i think its time to give that a try but there are no guarantees.

The failing is one thing, but the way the team just collapses and downs tools is the sickening part. Performances like yesterday only cause to frustrate us even more. How are they not doing this more consistently?

Apparently Arsenal are bringing Mislintat from Dortmund to replace Rowley as chief scout. Highly regarded supposedly.

They should get the Dutch fella Jonker back in the academy. We are really seeing the benefits of his work with the likes Reiss Nelson and Maitland Niles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just seen a stat there, Mustafi has played six Premier league games for Arsenal this year and they have five clean sheets and conceded one goal in the other one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Anybody watch the motd highlights? The first goal analysis really got my goat. Granted the header was offside but both the commentator and P Neville didn't think it was a tug on the jersey from Sanchez on Sanchez. Their highlights were cleverly edited that it was cut to omit that close up of him being pulled back.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Just seen a stat there, Mustafi has played six Premier league games for Arsenal this year and they have five clean sheets and conceded one goal in the other one.

Must be coincidental, he is quite error prone (yesterday being the exception rather than the rule). Or maybe he brings a bit of something we don't see to the defence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

So, yesterday Poch was getting stick because his record away against the top 6 is rubbish. Last week it was Jose. Every time we don't win one of those games, it's Arsene.

It's almost as if the big teams are all really strong at home, and literally no away team dominates these games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Big team in being strong at home shocker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Quick question, what's the name of the arsenal youth player who's played for Ireland and England? Parents are African and has an unusual name

ceegee wrote: »
    Quick question, what's the name of the arsenal youth player who's played for Ireland and England? Parents are African and has an unusual name

Ethan Ampadu? Sorry he plays for Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Ethan Ampadu? Sorry he plays for Chelsea.

No it was a player who's played under 15/16 for Ireland and England, nearly sure he's at arsenal

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

zimbabwe-robert-mugabe-wenger-out-protest.jpg?w=736

The Wenger out protests have spread to Zimbabwe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

CatInABox wrote: »
    zimbabwe-robert-mugabe-wenger-out-protest.jpg?w=736

The Wenger out protests have spread to Zimbabwe.
    Wenger and Mugabe :pac::pac: Any mention of the N. Korean lad?

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Hey guys its that time again , will be recording my podcast tommorow evening and will have a man united fan on the cast, my 1st ever guest would appreciate more of your questions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Ask him is he happy with the style of play that Mourinho has inflicted on his once great club?

Quazzie wrote: »
    Ask him is he happy with the style of play that Mourinho has inflicted on his once great club?

Great question I'm gonna grill him on Mourinho for definite

Ask him, if his club wasn't as wealthy, which club would he prefer to be in? Football style/history/finance as criteria? If he says Spurs, take a large knife, and stab the cn*t!

emmetlego wrote: »
    Ask him, if his club wasn't as wealthy, which club would he prefer to be in? Football style/history/finance as criteria? If he says Spurs, take a large knife, and stab the cn*t!

Oh multiple times ! United is bad enough !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Will be interesting to see if the signing of 'diamond eye' Mislintat makes any difference to the January business - apparently a big fan of Goretska

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Will be interesting to see if the signing of 'diamond eye' Mislintat makes any difference to the January business - apparently a big fan of Goretska

Woohoo, another free signing from Schalke!

• Advertisement

Okay lads I know its supposed to be a friday weekly release but I recorded my podcast tonight and it went really well, IT's a nice bit longer than usual and we had a lot of fun and did our best to answer questions

we talked arsenal, united, ireland, the late late show (briefly) liverpools collapse , and answered every question we got in I think :) give it a listen and see what ya think, all feedback welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

L'prof wrote: »
    Woohoo, another free signing from Schalke!

Would be great business on a free & apparently good buddies with Kolasinac. Trying to find an article I saw comparing Mislintat to Dein, same style of approach apparently.

looks like a good team of backroom staff is being brought in to smooth the post Wenger transition. Good planning by the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Games at 6 tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Completely forgot about this...

Love taking a stab at the line up

Ospina

Chambers - Mertesacker - Holding

Debuchy - Elneny - Coquelin - Maitland-Niles

Walcott - Wilshere

Welbeck

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/933741926964256769

Very defensive side. Will miss the first half or so and try to catch up by fastforwarding through the rubbish!

It on TV anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Roddy23 wrote: »
    It on TV anywhere?

btsport 2 if you can find it :) pm me anyone wants a link

Poor match so far!

• Advertisement

Disjointed performance so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

coq hits post , never scored for us did he ?

Coquelin unlucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

When the fixtures are announced I was half tempted to go to this as I used to live in cologne.

Thank fúck I didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

We're currently being beaten by the bottom team in the Bundesliga.

Just let that sink in for a minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I hope cologne win this now. Means a hell of a lot more to them than arsenal. Arsenal should still top the group no problem.

This team are more injury-prone than Arsenal!

Quazzie wrote: »
    We're currently being beaten by the bottom team in the Bundesliga.

Just let that sink in for a minute

I'd probably be slightly concerned if we were playing some of our better players and there was something to play for.

Going for it now with Nketiah

YES!!!! Group winners!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement