Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

That play where Kolasinac beat 3 or 4 players and then couldn’t find the telling pass, just sums up this performance today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

What da fcuk is Monrael at?
    He must have a huge bet on himself to score. Twit.

Stupidity again from Mustafi. Player going nowhere and no need to foul him.
    We are not playing at any level today at all.
    Not good enough to mount any kind of challenge.

Damn I thought Jack had scored there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Ah yeah, take Lacazette off when we need a goal with 12 mins to go. F*ck sake, put someone up alongside him.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Ah yeah, take Lacazette off when we need a goal with 12 mins to go. F*ck sake, put someone up alongside him.

Wenger is also brain dead.

Penalty. Come on.

Goal Alexis!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Robbed it hahaha wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Get in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Get iiiiinnnnnnn!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Yess get in! **** Burnley!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Get in

Robbed it but we are due a few of them usually on the other end of them

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

x PyRo wrote: »
    Lee Mason is braindead.

Always said it. Lee Mason is a great referee. One of the very best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Good stuff, they must hate us last 3 fixtures :D

Good but we scarcely deserved it for an insipid performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,744 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I actually thought we were decent, very solid at the back and Burnley made themselves tough to break down.

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Mustafi is so underrated as well. 7 games with him, 1 conceded. 6 without, 15 conceded.

And he's the one we tried to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Big result on the back of pool and spurs dropping points. A win away to Burnley is always great regardless of how we performed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

tough place to go. Great 3 points. Hopefully our away form can begin to match our home form now.

We weathered a tough first half there and began to impose ourselves in the second. No arguments with the pen but still somewhat surprised that Mason awarded it,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Missed the game, what’s the opinions on how Jack played when he came on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

emmetlego wrote: »
    Missed the game, what’s the opinions on how Jack played when he came on?

Almost scored but shot was deflected. Still we missed ozil and had few chances only

5star02707 wrote: »
    Almost scored but shot was deflected. Still we missed ozil and had few chances only

Anyone know what the story is with Ozil?
    TV said he was sick. If so he misses a lot of games with illness.
    Anyone know how many games he missed last season with injury or illness?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

The weekend just got a little more interesting

Hyzepher wrote: »
    The weekend just got a little more interesting

0-0 all over it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Very happy with the result today.
    Hopefully we can get 6 points in our next two matches :)

marvin80 wrote: »
    Very happy with the result today.
    Hopefully we can get 6 points in our next two matches :)

Indeed. The result was better than the performance. We had 2 shots on target inc the penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Delighted they came out on top in a game like that, especially away from home. Another clean sheet to boot!

Stat|2017/18|2016/17|Diff|Proj
    Corresponding points|25|23|2|N/A
    Projected points|77|75|2|N/A
    Scored 3 or more|3|14*|-11|9
    Won by 3 or more|2|7*|-5|6
    Clean sheets|6|13*|-7|18

*over full season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Could somebody post list of goalscorers in domestic and other comps please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

L'prof wrote: »
    Delighted they came out on top in a game like that, especially away from home. Another clean sheet to boot!

Stat|2017/18|2016/17|Diff|Proj
    Corresponding points|25|23|2|N/A
    Projected points|77|75|2|N/A
    Scored 3 or more|3|14*|-11|9
    Won by 3 or more|2|7*|-5|6
    Clean sheets|6|13*|-7|18

*over full season

I know nothing about this projected points or expected goals stuff, but if we had 23 points at this stage last year and finished on 75, and have 25 now should the projected total not be 81? ie 2 extra points after 13 games, 4 extra points after 26 games, 6 extra points after 38 games...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I know nothing about this projected points or expected goals stuff, but if we had 23 points at this stage last year and finished on 75, and have 25 now should the projected total not be 81? ie 2 extra points after 13 games, 4 extra points after 26 games, 6 extra points after 38 games...

I'm only assuming, the assumption behind projected points is we getting same amounts of points in the corresponding fixtures. It's not a growth rate where we grow by 2 points every quarter :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

It's not a growth rate where we grow by 2 points every quarter :D

Maybe that's what Wenger should be aiming for!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hey guys will be doing a podcast tonight previewing the huddersfield and united games and talking about the weekends footy, Get them questions in :)

Also I'm ****ing delighted we beat them , they must actually hate us 3 times in a row in the last few minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Hey guys will be doing a podcast tonight previewing the huddersfield and united games and talking about the weekends footy, Get them questions in :)

If you had the money would you buy arsenal?
    Bearing in mind that you could be the guy responsible for ruining the club, it can go wrong quite quickly like at Everton.

Also I'm ****ing delighted we beat them , they must actually hate us 3 times in a row in the last few minutes

If Mourinho was manager of Arsenal and Wenger manager of United how do you think both clubs would fare?
    If Arsenal had to have Ferguson at the helm how many leagues would they have won?
    How would Pogba do at Arsenal and Ozil at United?
    Who is the most important player on both teams?

Just a few for harmless discussion questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

2ndcoming wrote: »

I'm only assuming, the assumption behind projected points is we getting same amounts of points in the corresponding fixtures. It's not a growth rate where we grow by 2 points every quarter :D

This

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

https://archive.org/details/BPZONEEpisode4

Here ya go lads much shorter this week , Next Saturday I'm going to be doing 2 episodes one before and the game and one after with my Man U supporting friend , should be fun to try something new love the questions you all send in every week makes doing the pod worthwhile , and so much easier when we win aswell :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil not leaving in January.....It's another bold statement but is it an empty promise

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11147395/arsenal-boss-arsene-wenger-says-alexis-sanchez-and-mesut-ozil-not-leaving-in-january

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

I have 2 tickets for Liverpool and Chelsea at home available if anyone interested. Will be at home for Christmas so will miss both matches. PM if interested before I put them up on ticket exchange next week.

Pudders wrote: »
    I have 2 tickets for Liverpool and Chelsea at home available if anyone interested. Will be at home for Christmas so will miss both matches. PM if interested before I put them up on ticket exchange next week.

Oh damn....my parents are over from NZ and was gonna look into going over there with my old man, but thought it would be too much hassle sorting for that match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

And on a lighter note, Wenger giving his 'knitting' team talk to Alexandre Lacazette, Rob Holding and Calum Chambersfor the annual Save the Children charity cause

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11147500/arsene-wengers-hilarious-team-talk-as-he-teaches-arsenals-players-to-knit

Planning for life after AW? From Jeremy Wilson on Twitter:

Appointment of Raul Sanllehi at Arsenal is complete. Barca's former director of football will be Arsenal's 'head of football relations'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Pudders wrote: »

PM sent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I know a couple of other teams were involved too, but I think it's fair to say that we broke Spurs.

You have to go all the way down to Newcastle in 12th to find a worse run of form over the past five games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I know a couple of other teams were involved too, but I think it's fair to say that we broke Spurs.

You have to go all the way down to Newcastle in 12th to find a worse run of form over the past five games.

It's been quite fun to watch them go all Spursy again.

I've been quite down on Arsenal recently, and had even said that Spurs were on a more upward course than Arsenal, but it seems I was wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

It's always enjoyable to watch the patented Spurs collapse that comes like clockwork after the media has worked itself up into a frenzy about their greatness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Eriksens miss was hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Eriksens miss was hilarious

Yeah, miss of the season stuff. What was he trying to do? Pity he didn't finish like that when we was in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭DenMan

It's imperative we win tonight! COYG

• Advertisement

Reading that Santi has had another operation on his leg after a setback. Heartbreaking for him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement