Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

Basil3 wrote: »
    Football is such a funny sport. Why do players need a manager to motivate them? Is it something to do with the crazy amounts of money they make? It doesn't seem to be an issue in other professional sports.

I agree with most of this but at the same time it appears at times that there is a huge disconnect between the manager and team. Surely if the team implodes the manager has to take some responsibility?

Everton's performance stinks though. It seems that they had completely and collectively given up on koeman and had no mass on unsworth either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Football is such a funny sport. Why do players need a manager to motivate them? Is it something to do with the crazy amounts of money they make? It doesn't seem to be an issue in other professional sports.

Dunno. They were motivated against Chelsea in the cup final. And when they beat Spurs last week.

But that, presumably, has nothing to do with the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Alright lads tomorrow doing a special podcast right after the United Game with my United supporting mate Jamie could be a dicey one , as per usual pm me your questions or put them here and I'll answer them all best I can :)

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Dunno. They were motivated against Chelsea in the cup final. And when they beat Spurs last week.

But that, presumably, has nothing to do with the manager.

I think this is what annoys most fans about Arsenal and Gazidis or Kroenke cant be blamed for this.

Every so often they have a brain fart and play out of their skin as they did against Man United in 15, Chelsea in the cup final, Tottenham two weeks ago but too often is a total collapse against Liverpool, Man City, Bayern Munich. They'll never be in the hunt for the big trophies with Wenger. He is a finished has been. Sure he'll claim one or two moral victories here and there but the net result will be the same all the time. People wetting themselves over the few wins may keep their seat belt on.

I think this is what annoys most fans about Arsenal and Gazidis or Kroenke cant be blamed for this.

Every so often they have a brain fart and play out of their skin as they did against Man United in 15, Chelsea in the cup final, Tottenham two weeks ago but too often is a total collapse against Liverpool, Man City, Bayern Munich. They'll never be in the hunt for the big trophies with Wenger. He is a finished has been. Sure he'll claim one or two moral victories here and there but the net result will be the same all the time. People wetting themselves over the few wins may keep their seat belt on.

I hope you didn't bother typing that out, and you just copied and pasted from any of your previous thousand posts saying the same thing :D

Can't we save the misery for after we lose to united?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I hope you didn't bother typing that out, and you just copied and pasted from any of your previous thousand posts saying the same thing :D

I think we'll draw and fall 2 further points behind City.

Well when things change ill say something different obviously and i cant offer fairer then that. Needless to say I wasnt saying this often, if at all when the invincibles played for Arsenal for example.

Personally i dont fear United but its all about how Arsenal approach this tomorrow. Too cavalier and they'll be peeled off on the break. Inevitably though, win, lose or draw its all very futile at the end of the day until that man finally takes a hint and goes.

FWIW, i do think we'll take them tomorrow. Pity Lacazette is out but i think Ozil and Sanchez will link well just as they did 2 years ago. 2-0 to the Arsenal and the Bus man and his team of overpriced players will be sent packing back up North with tails between legs

I could be rightly fúcking this on us now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Giroud And Welbz to score 2-0

snowflaker wrote: »
    Giroud And Welbz to score 2-0

Yeah i could see that too believe it or not. Id love nothing more then to give this shower a proper fúckin stuffing in time for Christmas. Id have no fear of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

That's fighting talk lads... If only our players had the same desire!

Anyone know who's refereeing the game tomorrow?

Andrew Mariner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I'd take a draw tomorrow. If everyone just agrees to stifle Utd while City roll along winning, they'll sack the great evil and he can p*ss off to PSG or whatever and we won't have to put up with his stupid face any more.

I'd take a draw tomorrow. If everyone just agrees to stifle Utd while City roll along winning, they'll sack the great evil and he can p*ss off to PSG or whatever and we won't have to put up with his stupid face any more.
    Draw at home is no good really at this stage.

Nah if we are not going to win anything i genuinely would love to irk the sh1t out of that lad. He hasnt beaten us yet at Man U despite spending 175m on Pogba and Lukaku alone. Lets keep the run going and sicken the mofo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

So who do people want up front today, Ollie or Welbz?

Or maybe Sanchez with Jack or Iwobi brought in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,113 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Surely you can't think there is a genuine decision to be made between Giroud and Welbeck?

Quazzie wrote: »
    Surely you can't think there is a genuine decision to be made between Giroud and Welbeck?

I think he'll give it genuine thought if Welbz is fully fit.

The best performances against big teams at home the last few years have come with a proper, coordinated high press which is never as effective with Ollie in the team. Think the boss will give it serious thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Iwobi shouldn't be near starting 11 has been absolutely ****e in his last couple of outings

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Not expecting to win today, would be happy with a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Welbeck on the left and Sanchez up top ,

I think we should be beating them at home being honest a draw isn't good enough imo

Hornets buzzing all over the Spurs

snowflaker wrote: »
    Hornets buzzing all over the Spurs

Spurs down to 10 now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Rumours circulating on twitter that Lacazette will be starting! Hope so, what a bonus that would be.

• Advertisement

Rumours circulating on twitter that Lacazette will be starting! Hope so, what a bonus that would be.

Apparently BT reporter Des Kelly tweeted(since deleted) he was starting, Matic too.

Screen grab here:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-vs-arsenal-live-13985460?service=responsive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Strongest lineup that could have started, delighted with that. Hoping for a big performance from the front three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Delighted that Laca starts. Annoyed I transferred him out of my fantasy team

Pathetic. Backing away from them and inviting them into the box. Bizarre stuff.

• Advertisement

United punished us where Huddersfield couldn't

Shouldn't have gone to the pub with 2 united fans.

Shouldn't have gone to the pub with 2 united fans.

There's nothing worse. Watched THAT CL game with 7 United supporters....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Haha...2 errors and 2 goals. Typical!

We've gone full arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Our two Centre halfs with assists, laughable

Came out here thinking we were great and found out in 11 minutes

Fcukin up and the faking an injury good man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

This is something brutal, gifting the game to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,113 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Same rubbish as usual against these lot. Embarrassing.

That cockiness during the week lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Ramsey is ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

cant support this club anymore until massive changes happens. its beyond a joke now

This is going to be a painful watch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Close

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

If we go all out attack they’ll pick us off easily. Desperately need to score soon.

greendom wrote: »
    United punished us where Huddersfield couldn't

X2

Walked out here believing our own hype yet again Centre halfs trying to play the Arsene way, made to look like dicks again

Soups123 wrote: »
    Walked out here believing our own hype yet again Centre halfs trying to play the Arsene way, made to look like dicks again

Pretty sure that's not the Arsene way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

That's that then. Usual rubbish when it comes to a bit of pressure.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure that's not the Arsene way.

The last 10 years would disagree! Although I meant to say Arsenal.

We came out thinking they feared us and would bark the bus but Mourinho called Wengers bluff from mid week

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement