Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Wouldn't be great if we had a 50 million plus striker on our books ........oh wait he was taken off :(

F*cking hell! After Ozil missing a sitter. The ref made the worst call for a peno I've ever seen. They're talking about retrospective bans for diving, not that it will help us but he has to be hit with a three game ban! Awful stuff

It will be interesting. I reckon the only retrospective bans we'll see will be when there is clearly no contact on the player going down.

Come on, jack

We're brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Basil3 wrote: »
    It will be interesting. I reckon the only retrospective bans we'll see will be when there is clearly no contact on the player going down.

I.e. That dive? Hah. Yeah, we'll see. Will probably never happen.
    Lucky not to be 2-1 down there

Basil3 wrote: »
    Come on, jack

Or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

We're brutal.

Mid table team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

greendom wrote: »
    Mid table team

I didn't wanna be the first to stick my neck out when the team was announced but yeah, we're extremely average.

greendom wrote: »
    Mid table team

We probably are but today they can definitely feel robbed by the ref and a cheat. With that said doesn't make any difference to the fact we'll be lucky to get a poxy point today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Nothing working at all...very poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

This team really has no identity. You can look at most top teams and pick out key players and what they are about, we've nothing we are like a ghost train just strolling along.

The club as a whole is soleless and fans really can't relate to it. In all my years supporting this has to be the biggest lull.

1-1 against Watford and last 15 we didn't even try have a go, WE DIDNT EVEN TRY!!!!!! Wenger is so afraid of getting beat now he's playing negative teams.

Fcuk off Kronke and **** off Wenger

Not even surprised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Abysmal

There you go. I don't think we have controlled possession once this half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

ffs, were going nowhere

Lol. What an Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Spineless and gutless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I think I'm done with Özil now, **** him out the door in January.

Only we could Tom Cleverly look like zidane.

We're a fücking horrible team to watch. Pack of donkeys. Called it earlier. Going absolutely nowhere, backwards if anything.

Dog shít.

• Advertisement

Joke

Queue the meltdown in here. Sure I may as well start it. Absolutely pathetic performace from nearly all of our players today. It normally takes till about December/January for me to get fed up with our awful season, nice to get it out of the way early this season. I can just expect more of the same next season no doubt. Depressing stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Gutless and pitiful team.
    Gutless and pitiful manager.

Queue the meltdown in here. Sure I may as well start it. Absolutely pathetic performace from nearly all of our players today. It normally takes till about December/January for me to get fed up with our awful season, nice to get it out of the way early this season. I can just expect more of the same next season no doubt. Depressing stuff

Of course there will be a meltdown.

Did you just watch that?

Did you just watch that?

Just wait for the Wenger defenders to peek out.

You won't win games with players like Elneny, Holding, Mert etc. near your starting 11. They wouldn't get a squad number at any other top 6 team in the PL.

The club is playing games in such a negative way to avoid being abused for ****in up, how Wenger sleeps at night is beyond me

• Advertisement

Just wait for the Wenger defenders to peek out.

He's still banned afaik.

Why the **** do you take off your star striker at 1-0 up , with 25 mins to go at Watford a team that shipped 6 goals to Man City , Our gutless manager .......blame ozil all you want but the game should have been well out of sight before that ,

Wasters

Why the **** do you take off your star striker at 1-0 up , with 25 mins to go at Watford a team that shipped 6 goals to Man City , Our gutless manager .......blame ozil all you want but the game should have been well out of sight before that ,

Wasters

Because Wenger.

Takes off striker. Must put another striker on. Defenders limping, replace with defender. Etc. Just spineless stuff.

Soups123 wrote: »
    , how Wenger sleeps at night is beyond me

Like a baby on a 8 million quid bed.

Did you just watch that?

Heh I'm not saying that there shouldn't be. Pathetic performance and dire calls made as usual by Wenger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Normal business resumed then.

Let myself believe we might have turned a corner after the pool game.

Ozil scores and we’d won. What’s the point anymore....

I'm throwing plastic garden furniture around here lads. Smashing the gaff up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Lineup wasn't good enough in the first place really, was it?

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Like a baby on a 8 million quid bed.

Yeah but you would think at some point his principals or this 'class' he lauds himself with would eventually get to him.

Sending out teams against Watford with a hand break in is shocking

I dispise him

At least the expectations were so low starting the season this doesn't hurt so bad.

How many nails are left to go in this coffin?

What sort of chaf has garden furniture in the house

Did that last season.
    Gone beyond giving a sh1te now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

What does Iwobi offer this team? A poor mans Luis Boa Morte. Ozil didnt look like he gave a toss when he missed that sitter. Says it all really.

Soups123 wrote: »
    What sort of chaf has garden furniture in the house

The kind of guy that stole it from a beer garden. U WOT m8.

In all seriousness, I couldn't give a ****, I've seen this all before so many times, it'd be insane to expect anything different. I honestly haven't cared for a long time now, thanks Mr. Wenger.

The kind of guy that stole it from a beer garden. U WOT m8.

In all seriousness, I couldn't give a ****, I've seen this all before so many times, it'd be insane to expect anything different. I honestly haven't cared for a long time now, thanks Mr. Wenger.

Me too.
    As soon as that fraud got a new 2 year contract I lost interest.
    We will win no EPL under Magoo.

• Advertisement

Gringo180 wrote: »
    What does Iwobi offer this team? A poor mans Luis Boa Morte. Ozil didnt look like he gave a toss when he missed that sitter. Says it all really.

As soon as I saw the teamsheet with Welbeck and Iwobi on it I knew we'd struggle.
    As for resting Sanchez and Ramsey and not starting Ozil :pac:

Changing the team the formation the approach the mentality is the equivalent of moving chairs around on the titanic.

The outcome is the same as long as Wenger is in charge.

As soon as I saw the teamsheet with Welbeck and Iwobi on it I knew we'd struggle.
    As for resting Sanchez and Ramsey and not starting Ozil :pac:

I wouldn't play Ozil again this season. The few times he's played he looks like he couldn't give less of a ****. Bye bye in January or sit in the reserves.

Dunno bout Welbeck and Iwobi. I'd really like to see Giroud and Lac get a chance together at some point. Won't happen with Wenger thougg.

I wouldn't play Ozil again this season. The few times he's played he looks like he couldn't give less of a ****. Bye bye in January or sit in the reserves.

Dunno bout Welbeck and Iwobi. I'd really like to see Giroud and Lac get a chance together at some point. Won't happen with Wenger thougg.

It wouldn't matter.
    The rot has firmly set in.
    We are going nowhere until Wenger is replaced and that won't happen for years yet.

Having to listen to Savage to just hear what Wengers excuse today is, is what hell must be like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Business as usual I see.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

I actually feel sorry for ye lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

You know the buzz is gone from this place when the reaction is so tame. We'll be here in 12 months time going through the same motions and we all know it. Its a bit depressing but at least we knew it was coming.
    I don't know who in their right mind would want Ozil now. He's beyond defending at this stage, doesn't give a tupennies f*ck

I got a Wenger Out T-shirt for a laugh and my mates pointed out I'll get great value out of it because it'll be relevant for a long long time :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Troy deeney really sticking the boot in now on BT

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement