Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Hopefully we can steal this

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Lol at the drawn out shaking off of the fake limp.

Rambo limping badly ever since he took a kick earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Sanchez gives the ball away again, there's a surprise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Poor performance. I'll take the draw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Quazzie wrote: »
    It's partly Wenger's fault. Games like today, Wenger should be taking him off, but he won't so instead he's left on and even tho he has been rubbish Wenger won't dent his ego by taking him off.

The funny thing is, if he was whipped off today, it might teach him a lesson, and he'd be more likely to resign but instead, he thinks he's too good so will feck off for free.

Either that our hed go pouting into over drive
    He should flog him in January, i really feel he holds Arsenal back with his do it all himself attitude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Point not good enough, great game to watch, but a bad performance once again

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Sanchez gives the ball away again, there's a surprise

Twice there towards the end when Arsenal were attacking - shocking.

irishman86 wrote: »
    Either that our hed go pouting into over drive
    He should flog him in January, i really feel he holds Arsenal back with his do it all himself attitude

A year ago I'd have been fuming if we sold him but now he can go as he's been atrocious, his head is elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Gutless, heartless, clueless and just probably expected from Wenger's team.
    One of the worst performances I can remember.
    Bad time for this club.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I really can't stand Wenger, I hate him for what he has made supporting this club feel like. I never thought I'd get to the point where I'd want to turn a game off or head out rather than watch it.

He has destroyed the heart and soul of the club, I miss everything we used to be.

He's an absolute cancer who has slowly spread his disease through the team, through the club and now through the fans.

Buying a new Stadium was never about giving Arsenal a greater sporting chance it was about converting us from a football team to a business, history will prove that. He has absolutely coined it in and allowed it to happen, anyone who couldn't force change would have walked away and put the pressure on the board. That's if he was truly a man who wanted to win things and bring this club to its potential like he says when he spouts ****e.

The board is happy to sit behind him and coin it in too, the lot of them are a cancer fronted by Arsene.

Say what you want about Utd Chelsea City etc. They spend money to try improve it hasn't always worked but you can at least see they are trying season after season and when it looks wrong they change it up, always trying to stay fresh or reinvent. Think about that and try remember the last time we felt that as Arsenal fans? We have had year and year of gradual decline never once tried to reinvent or push investment.

Quazzie wrote: »
    It's partly Wenger's fault. Games like today, Wenger should be taking him off, but he won't so instead he's left on and even tho he has been rubbish Wenger won't dent his ego by taking him off.

The funny thing is, if he was whipped off today, it might teach him a lesson, and he'd be more likely to resign but instead, he thinks he's too good so will feck off for free.

He won't resign regardless. I thought he might have put in some effort regardless of his contract situation but he has been dog shít this season. Eddie Nketiah would actually be more effective than him

Appalling today all round. The Europa league is an actual refreshing experience this year to see the kids busting a gut for the club

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Soups123 wrote: »
    I really can't stand Wenger, I hate him for what he has made supporting this club feel like. I never thought I'd get to the point where I'd want to turn a game off or head out rather than watch it.

He has destroyed the heart and soul of the club, I miss everything we used to be.

He's an absolute cancer who has slowly spread his disease through the team, through the club and now through the fans.

Buying a new Stadium was never about giving Arsenal a greater sporting chance it was about converting us from a football team to a business, history will prove that. He has absolutely coined it in and allowed it to happen, anyone who couldn't force change would have walked away and put the pressure on the board. That's if he was truly a man who wanted to win things and bring this club to its potential like he says when he spouts ****e.

The board is happy to sit behind him and coin it in too, the lot of them are a cancer fronted by Arsene.

Say what you want about Utd Chelsea City etc. They spend money to try improve it hasn't always worked but you can at least see they are trying season after season and when it looks wrong they change it up, always trying to stay fresh or reinvent. Think about that and try remember the last time we felt that as Arsenal fans? We have had year and year of gradual decline never once tried to reinvent or push investment.

You quite right. You pay for what you get. Wenger is all ego in a quiet way, but ego nonetheless. He has not invested in enough quality and consistently over the years. Too many players do not want to be at Arsenal, Ozil, Sanchez etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

A few on here gutted by that Giroud equalizer i'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

At this stage, there is nearly an argument for most of the B team from the Europa league team we see to start for Arsenal in the premier league. So many poor performances again today it's hard to justify why a lot of them are still starting for us.

• Advertisement

Seriously Arne I thought you were better than resorting to this level? This type of argument is banded about to try stifle genuine points made by posters who are fed up with this mediocrity

The Giroud equaliser means nothing at the end of the day. 1 point where we need wins.

Ramsey's last touch just summed him up perfectly. I saw him limping and I honestly hope he's out til the end of the season. But then again that would probably mean he'd come into the first team at the start of next season having not signed a midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

What a stupid thing to say? I think most are gutted we didn't get two

What a stupid thing to say? I think most are gutted we didn't get two

Was Arne not celebrating Wenger's 2 year extension?

Not at all. Not going to celebrate a draw against a team in the bottom half (before playing us).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Gutless, heartless, clueless and just probably expected from Wenger's team.
    One of the worst performances I can remember.
    Bad time for this club.

Really? I mean we weren't very good, but I can think of far worse than that. From this season alone. "Gutless" loses you games.

Really? I mean we weren't very good, but I can think of far worse than that. From this season alone. "Gutless" loses you games.
    Gutless is a term that suits this performance.
    We could have been 3 behind after 10 mins.

Was Arne not celebrating Wenger's 2 year extension?

Was i?

Was i?
    I posed the question.

Ramsey's last touch just summed him up perfectly. I saw him limping and I honestly hope he's out til the end of the season. But then again that would probably mean he'd come into the first team at the start of next season having not signed a midfielder.

You've seen the state of the midfield without him right?

I posed the question.

Yeah, i reposed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Gutless is a term that suits this performance.
    We could have been 3 behind after 10 mins.

Yeah but some of the actual worst performances have had us 3 (or 5) behind early on. This isn't even close to the Liverpool or Chelsea tonkings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Yeah but some of the actual worst performances have had us 3 (or 5) behind early on. This isn't even close to the Liverpool or Chelsea tonkings.
    This was as bad for me. We can't blame their poor finishing for our performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

So we needed this win, but why are the players so content even when we were 1 nil down. Giroud saved us yet again. I like his bench role but he would probably move to another club after this season. For Sanchez I guess he's better off leaving and he'll win the league with city.

No idea why mertesacker was selected for this game too. Well that's 2 loses in row now.

• Advertisement

5star02707 wrote: »
    So we needed this win, but why are the players so content even when we were 1 nil down. Giroud saved us yet again. I like his bench role but he would probably move to another club after this season. For Sanchez I guess he's better off leaving and he'll win the league with city.

No idea why mertesacker was selected for this game too. Well that's 2 loses in row now.

Did Giroud save it or did we lose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

5star02707 wrote: »
    For Sanchez I guess he's better off leaving and he'll win the league with city.

From their bench, I wouldn't have him anywhere near that starting XI for city. Maybe pep could coach some of the rubbish out of him though. Actually was it pep who sold him at Barca?

Sanchez was very poor today. Gave the ball away loads as did Xhaka, Koscielney and Bellerin. Hard to think of a player who played well.
    We have far too many days like this. A point is absolutely useless imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Would need to see his stats on total possessions. Maybe he appears to lose a lot because he gets on the ball way more than average? It’s the only excuse I can come up with as I still love the guy so find it hard to be too critical. Especially considering a lot of the dross around him.

omega man wrote: »
    Would need to see his stats on total possessions. Maybe he appears to lose a lot because he gets on the ball way more than average? It’s the only excuse I can come up with as I still love the guy so find it hard to be too critical. Especially considering a lot of the dross around him.
    Well he does try to make things happen and as such he takes the ball into contact but today he was poor and nothing went right for him.
    I'd have as much blame for those who can't complete a 10 yard pass with nobody around them. Saw lots of that today too. Also Mert standing with his hands on his balls afraid of being hit and allowing a player to shoot. Luckily he hit the bar.

Fantastic post

The damage of 2 bad results somewhat limited by other results this weekend.

I really hope there's a proper plan in place for January as the midfield doesn't function defensively or in attack and the formation switches only cover this partially.

Don't think i've seen a midfield uninspired since ol' George had Keown playing in there.

The damage of 2 bad results somewhat limited by other results this weekend.

I really hope there's a proper plan in place for January as the midfield doesn't function defensively or in attack and the formation switches only cover this partially.

Don't think i've seen a midfield uninspired since ol' George had Keown playing in there.

Actually Keown had a few decent games in the middle (albeit more of a very deep lying midfielder) during the European CWC run of 1995 but yeah i agree he was a fish out of water. It helped restore his confidence somewhat though after Robbie Fowler cleaning him at Anfield the previous August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Will be doing a fresh podcast tomorow evening.....send in questions etc

That match today ****in awful :( we could have easily been 2 or so down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

What do you believe Steve Bould's role is at the club?

If we can bring in Lemar or someone of his quality Alexis should be sold in Jan. I'm even beginning to think we 'd be better of if he went without finding a replacement

How come we don't press the so-called lesser teams?
    Against Spurs the high press put them under severe pressure and stopped their build up.We forced them to kick long blind balls. Today we stood off Southampton and allowed them play passes and threaten us particularly early in the game.

Actually Keown had a few decent games in the middle (albeit more of a very deep lying midfielder) during the European CWC run of 1995 but yeah i agree he was a fish out of water. It helped restore his confidence somewhat though after Robbie Fowler cleaning him at Anfield the previous August.

Keown was an excellent man marker, so much so that he could drive a good player like Corinten Martins to distraction and put him totally out of a game. But you weren't ever going to get anything out of him in a constructive sense.

Although i do seem to remember a stepover from him that caught not only the opposing player but the whole of Highbury off guard :D

Keown was an excellent man marker, so much so that he could drive a good player like Corinten Martins to distraction and put him totally out of a game. But you weren't ever going to get anything out of him in a constructive sense.

Although i do seem to remember a stepover from him that caught not only the opposing player but the whole of Highbury off guard :D

No, he's no Wesley Houlihan :pac:

For anyone who cares the Europa draw is: Ostersunds v Arsenal

(It's in Sweden)

• Advertisement

Ostersunds ? Have to admit I've never heard of them. Be cold enough there in Feb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

greendom wrote: »
    Ostersunds ? Have to admit I've never heard of them. Be cold enough there in Feb

No wonder :pac:

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/940200789515100160

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

(It's in Sweden)

Good draw, could've been a lot trickier.

Those these guys are having a great season in the comp, unbeaten at home in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

(It's in Sweden)
    greendom wrote: »

Mr pedantic :P but you only add the "s" when you include the Fotbollsklubb bit (FK).

Östersunds Fotbollsklubb, commonly known simply as Östersunds FK, Östersund or ÖFK, is a Swedish professional football club located in Östersund, Sweden.

It'll be guaranteed minus degrees. Also they play on a synthetic pitch just for info.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Mr pedantic :P but you only add the "s" when you include the Fotbollsklubb bit (FK).

Östersunds Fotbollsklubb, commonly known simply as Östersunds FK, Östersund or ÖFK, is a Swedish professional football club located in Östersund, Sweden.

It'll be guaranteed minus degrees. Also they play on a synthetic pitch just for info.

Thanks, my Swedish grammar is getting a little rusty!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement