Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

That's it, surely Sanchez will be sold in January. 7th on the league and we only got 2 points in 2 games?

It's the usual pass the ball left and right but could not hit the target on the final third. This was a must win game but you're 50million striker is sitting in the bench and only played the last 10mins lol.

West ham should've won that game in the end thanks to the bar.

It's the fans that suffers watching this team play like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Very annoying to see how we have regressed clearly the talent is there in the players , Like I mentioned and some one else mentioned N'zonzi coming in .....

But what's the point ? We already have great players they just lack belief, motivation, know how and simple tactics , Like I know the arsenal fans give the board and kroenke stick about not spending money .....But he has spent fairly big for us 70 mill on Xhaka and Mustafi last year 50 odd on Lacazette in the summer , we've had them all here fabregas, sanchez, ozil, but it's consistently the same result ...the answer has got to be the manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Soups123 wrote: »
    You must hold shares. Only explanation

Nah, i wish man. Probably would have caved and sold them to Stan 10 years ago anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Very annoying to see how we have regressed clearly the talent is there in the players , Like I mentioned and some one else mentioned N'zonzi coming in .....

But what's the point ? We already have great players they just lack belief, motivation, know how and simple tactics , Like I know the arsenal fans give the board and kroenke stick about not spending money .....But he has spent fairly big for us 70 mill on Xhaka and Mustafi last year 50 odd on Lacazette in the summer , we've had them all here fabregas, sanchez, ozil, but it's consistently the same result ...the answer has got to be the manager

He can sign who he wants player quality isn't the problem he's a **** manager being allowed to choose his employment. Any other club in world football he's sacked, but making money for a business is what it's about and he's delivering.

He's only short of bring out his own line of aftershave and clothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Remember that woman who used to shreik every time there was a goal at Highbury?

That's what almost every post in this thread sounds like.

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Glad your enjoying it. I don't mind anyone who accepts mediocrity makes life a lot easier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Glad your enjoying it. I don't mind anyone who accepts mediocrity makes life a lot easier

Indeed. It would be nice to be happy watching rubbish football.

Believe me, I'm really not enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Jesus H Christ. If you don't get upset or p***** off with this Arsenal team after nights like tonight, then you can't seriously like football/Arsenal.

• Advertisement

Believe me, I'm really not enjoying it.

So why come in passing comment on the masses that aren't happy with it and expressing it?

emmetlego wrote: »
    Jesus H Christ. If you don't get upset or p***** off with this Arsenal team after nights like tonight, then you can't seriously like football/Arsenal.
    It's Wenger Stockholm Syndrome :D

So why come in passing comment on the masses that aren't happy with it and expressing it?

What are you, the f*ckin thread police?

Is there some rule that I have to agree with "the masses"?

I'm officially out til that idiot who manages us ****s off to the retirement home.
    9 points out of 27 on the road.
    Most managers would be sacked for that.
    Wenger is laughing up his sleeve at the fans.
    Arsenal is a busted flush.
    Quazzie wrote: »
    I've been at that conclusion from the moment I heard he signed a new contract.
    omega man wrote: »
    Losing interest.....again.

We’re 19 points behind city and only half way through the season ffs.
    Not to surprised or too bothered tonight. Any other club would run this charlatan to he hills not us though

The Arsene Arsene will be in full flow when we put two past Newcastle the weekend
    Think I'm actually done now until a new manager is in.

Taking tonights performance in isolation, ive honestly seen us play worse and im under no illusions that this was far from ideal. The one positive i will take, i thought Jack Wilshere was fantastic personally. I felt there was certainly more urgency at the very least all round but same sloppinness at the back. Hospital passes being put back across the danger area nearly led to a goal.

Im gone beyond frustrated with this regime. I like the rest of you put most of the blame squarely with Wenger. His 'vision' of how football should be played is deeply flawed and outdated.

Had Wenger walked back in May i would have maintained some form of respect but his selfish decision to stay on has really left me feeling nothing but apathy for him. There is nothing to be gained from him staying on. Every normal person knows when they are past it but not Wenger.

What are you, the f*ckin thread police?

Is there some rule that I have to agree with "the masses"?

Ive no problem with you having a difference of opinion on the subject of Wenger but i find the pro Wengerites seem to be unable to put any real counter argument together in the face of blatant evidence of his decline and seem to just pass smart remarks when there is overall frustration expressed by supporters after yet another abject display. It was Arne on Sunday suggesting that fans were looking for an excuse to moan and yourself tonight with the 'Toys out of the pram' jibe.

Ive no problem with you having a difference of opinion on the subject of Wenger but i find the pro Wengerites seem to be unable to put any real counter argument together in the face of blatant evidence of his decline and seem to just pass smart remarks when there is overall frustration expressed by supporters after yet another abject display. It was Arne on Sunday suggesting that fans were looking for an excuse to moan and yourself tonight with the 'Toys out of the pram' jibe.

No that was me too :P

I've said Wenger should go a good while back.

• Advertisement

No that was me too :P

I've said Wenger should go a good while back.

Your right it was the Shrieker Donie was referring to. To be honest i like yourself and Donie as posters in general and i have no problem with either of you having a difference of opinion or anyone else for that matter.

But im shocked that people fail to understand why anyone would have any apathy toward Arsenal at the moment. There is a little more going on then just lack of financial power. Tactically the manager is away with the fairies. I am adamant we were a shambles against United at the back and it is because the manager places no emphasis on safety first whatsoever.

Your right it was the Shrieker Donie was referring to. To be honest i like yourself and Donie as posters in general and i have no problem with either of you having a difference of opinion or anyone else for that matter.

But im shocked that people fail to understand why anyone would have any apathy toward Arsenal at the moment. There is a little more going on then just lack of financial power. Tactically the manager is away with the fairies. I am adamant we were a shambles against United at the back and it is because the manager places no emphasis on safety first whatsoever.

Yeah he's not up to it at the top level anymore. But he's here until the end of the season at the very least, no amount of ranting and raving is going to change that.

Yeah he's not up to it at the top level anymore. But he's here until the end of the season at the very least, no amount of ranting and raving is going to change that.

Surely though you can understand that people get caught up in the emotions? It is hard to bottle the level of frustration that people have with Arsenal at present.

Surely though you can understand that people get caught up in the emotions? It is hard to bottle the level of frustration that people have with Arsenal at present.

I suppose, but the non-stop "**** WENGER...FCUKING FOOL..HE'S LAUGHING AT THE FANS" ArsenalFanTV stuff just gets ****ing boring after a while.

I suppose, but the non-stop "**** WENGER...FCUKING FOOL..HE'S LAUGHING AT THE FANS" ArsenalFanTV stuff just gets ****ing boring after a while.

That's it in a nutshell. And the fact that every defeat is pages of that, while every victory (such as every home game bar one this season) gets about three posts, two of which are along the lines of one swallow doesn't make a summer.

For what it's worth, I'm quite angry tonight at the performance, but it was nowhere near as bad as some of our other away nightmares. These guys beat Chelsea at the weekend, remember. They're having a good spell.

And as far as the United match is concerned, which I'm far more angry about, normally reliable senior players cost us with their absolute nonsense in the first ten mins. Not the managers fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Frustrating to say the least. No idea why we played Giroud instead of Lacazette in a game where we needed direct penetration. Wilshere was enjoyable to watch, AMN actually looked decent too but we don't need that, we need the finished product and we need it now.

Slowly growing more and more disillusioned with this team. Sanchez has been torrid and can feck off, I think Ozil has been decent but he has nothing around him to work with. No more excuses for Welbeck, Xhaka, etc. Garbage that need to either sort it out or be shipped off at the end of the year.

We need a new manager not only to start another challenge but also to bring something fresh because Arsenal are just becoming plain stale and boring to follow. It nearly wouldn't matter if we turned it around - the excitement just isn't there anymore with Wenger still at the helm.

Oh, and the fact that anyone who doesn't agree with "the masses" can expect condescending b*llocks about being happy with mediocrity, accusuations of having Stockholm syndrome and nonsense over whether they even like the club or football, within minutes of posting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

And as far as the United match is concerned, which I'm far more angry about, normally reliable senior players cost us with their absolute nonsense in the first ten mins. Not the managers fault.

The fact that we regularly concede in the first ten minutes (3 goals this week alone) would definitely suggest that the manager is not preparing the team mentally for the game.

Frustrating to say the least. No idea why we played Giroud instead of Lacazette in a game where we needed direct penetration. Wilshere was enjoyable to watch, AMN actually looked decent too but we don't need that, we need the finished product and we need it now.

Slowly growing more and more disillusioned with this team. Sanchez has been torrid and can feck off, I think Ozil has been decent but he has nothing around him to work with. No more excuses for Welbeck, Xhaka, etc. Garbage that need to either sort it out or be shipped off at the end of the year.

We need a new manager not only to start another challenge but also to bring something fresh because Arsenal are just becoming plain stale and boring to follow. It nearly wouldn't matter if we turned it around - the excitement just isn't there anymore with Wenger still at the helm.

It was great to see Wilshere back. The high point of the evening.

The fact that we regularly concede in the first ten minutes (3 goals this week alone) would definitely suggest that the manager is not preparing the team mentally for the game.

What do you want him to say? Don't do anything really, really stupid? Should he need to say that?

Players need to take some responsibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

What do you want him to say? Don't do anything really, really stupid? Should he need to say that?

They do, but something isn't right if the same things are constantly happening. I'm not saying it's something he is directly doing wrong, but it's been going on years and he hasn't done anything to rectify it.

That's it in a nutshell. And the fact that every defeat is pages of that, while every victory (such as every home game bar one this season) gets about three posts, two of which are along the lines of one swallow doesn't make a summer.
    And those posts are accurate.
    For what it's worth, I'm quite angry tonight at the performance, but it was nowhere near as bad as some of our other away nightmares. These guys beat Chelsea at the weekend, remember. They're having a good spell.
    It was a Godawful performance. 3 shots on target, we created nothing and almost lost at the end.
    United summed us up. Should've scored loads, gave away goals. De Gea was obviously on top of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Meh, I'm not overly bothered by the results anymore, probably why I don't post in here as much. I've grown to accept that we are not the force of old and top 6, maybe top 4 is about as good as we can hope for. I cant be bothered to start the Wenger bashing but we're simply going round in circles with him. Until he goes and some fresh thinking and ideas are injected we are going nowhere

He signs, picks, and directs players everything that goes on with the team rests with him, he can't motivate or impassion the players anymore.

Players have individual responsibilities for mistakes but mistakes aren't the reason the club is laced with mediocrity that's on Wenger.

Sanchez should be dropped but he's afraid to, Xhaka has started every game when he hasn't performed, he's has no idea how to fix the back 3/5 for years, the list is endless

The old deluded fool is not able to admit that.
    He's greedy and only here for the dosh. No other reason.

• Advertisement

Ah, come on. We all know that on the occasions the players get off to a good start, and generally play well, it's because they've decided to act like professionals and perform at their best.

On other occasions, they freak out because Wenger didn't hand hold up a bunch of empty brown envelopes and use some kind of psychological mind-trick to get them up for the match.

We are in football purgatory at best at the moment though. The effects of a defeat is felt far far worse than a win. The sad fact is we could put a run of 10 wins in a row together at this point in time and we still probably wouldn't be anywhere near City and that is the reality that dawns on Arsenal fans.

If we were at least on the back straight going into late April you'd say something but a string of poor results together around the spring time every year leaves us down and out of the title race when we should be really kicking on. Arsenal fought for the title closely in 1999 and 2003 for example and you couldnt fault the effort. We've came nowhere near that since aside from 07/08 and 09/10 and there was some gutless performances in those seasons too.
    History has shown that the Arsenal fans have been stung so much over the last decade to get carried away after a win.

And yes you are quite right about the individual errors. However, i think they are a by product of the casualness our manager treats the important area of defending with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I see Jack has now come out to say that despite Wengers' public comment about contract talks, he's heard nothing.

Contract situation at the club seems to be going from bad to worse

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭rodders999

The players are, for the most part, bang average (and the few that aren't are completely disinterested), the football is monotonous, sideways, slow and boring and the "manager" is a busted flush.

The longer he stays the further we'll fall, we'll be firmly a mid table club by the time he eventually F's off in 10 years time. The stranglehold he has on the club is utterly depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

The most frustrating part is that the same players will be togging out at the weekend. Too many comfortable in the fact that regardless of performance, their place is not under threat.

rodders999 wrote: »
    The players are, for the most part, bang average (and the few that aren't are completely disinterested), the football is monotonous, sideways, slow and boring and the "manager" is a busted flush.

The longer he stays the further we'll fall, we'll be firmly a mid table club by the time he eventually F's off in 10 years time. The stranglehold he has on the club is utterly depressing.

He'll hang on and take the money for as long as he can. Our modern day Scrooge., a totally clueless old has-been.

He'll hang on and take the money for as long as he can. Our modern day Scrooge., a totally clueless old has-been.

It's this sort of childish name calling b*llocks that makes this thread what it is.

It's this sort of childish name calling b*llocks that makes this thread what it is.
    He deserves everything he gets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I don't think money is his main driver. I feel he is completely hooked on being manager of Arsenal Football. It's his life and can't contemplate anything else. I suppose its down to the board to get him to contemplate life after Arsenal

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    I don't think money is his main driver. I feel he is completely hooked on being manager of Arsenal Football. It's his life and can't contemplate anything else. I suppose its down to the board to get him to contemplate life after Arsenal
    Why else is he there if not for money?
    The results and performances get worse every season. A blind man can see that. Greed is an awful thing.

He signs, picks, and directs players everything that goes on with the team rests with him, he can't motivate or impassion the players anymore.

Players have individual responsibilities for mistakes but mistakes aren't the reason the club is laced with mediocrity that's on Wenger.

Sanchez should be dropped but he's afraid to, Xhaka has started every game when he hasn't performed, he's has no idea how to fix the back 3/5 for years, the list is endless
    Exactly. And no end of blaming everyone else gets him off the hook.

Everything alright, Tayto? Personally, I hope you have a great Xmas. All this misery can't be good for your health :pac:

Basil3 wrote: »
    Everything alright, Tayto? Personally, I hope you have a great Xmas. All this misery can't be good for your health :pac:
    Its the same "misery" we've had for many years so I'll be ok thanks.:D
    Luckily I have other interests. Just sad to see an old "chancer" bring down such a great club and reduce it to ridicule.

3 goals this season, in fact. Same number as we've scored in the first ten mins.

http://www.soccerstats.com/table.asp?league=england&tid=j

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

He literally said why in the very post you quoted :confused:

• Advertisement

He literally said why in the very post you quoted :confused:
    "Hooked on Arsenal FC". is a poor reason for the displays his team are producing. It doesn't make any kind of sense to say that. The performances would suggest it's not that because if it was they'd be playing a lot better.
    Hooked on money more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

It was great to see Wilshere back. The high point of the evening.

Have to agree. Wilshire played well. Iwobi tried his best but just doesn't make the grade. In fairness to giroud he tried his best but I would have started Lacazette. When he came on it was too late and he hadn't got to the pace of the game. Giroud is best off the bench. Ozil didn't look interested. wellbeck, like walcott, how are still at arsenal. Dead weights.

"Hooked on Arsenal FC". is a poor reason for the displays his team are producing. It doesn't make any kind of sense to say that. The performances would suggest it's not that because if it was they'd be playing a lot better.
    Hooked on money more like.

It also makes little sense that an Irish person who (presumably) has no real links to Arsenal, keeps supporting them despite how miserable it makes them feel. Hooked on Arsenal indeed :)

Basil3 wrote: »
    It also makes little sense that an Irish person who (presumably) has no real links to Arsenal, keeps supporting them despite how miserable it makes them feel. Hooked on Arsenal indeed :)
    I quoted the "hooked on Arsenal" from another post. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The results and performances get worse every season. A blind man can see that. Greed is an awful thing.

It's sn addiction. He knows its harming himself and everyone around him but he can't stop.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement