Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Wenger has lost the plot.

Alexis should be out of the team and gone.

I don't get, he's playing ****e, wants to leave yet Wenger treats him like the messiah. Any other manager worth his soul would say sign or go he's not putting in anywhere near the performances he has in prior seasons

Ridiculous that we find ourselves under pressure with 10 to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Soups123 wrote: »
    I don't get, he's playing ****e, wants to leave yet Wenger treats him like the messiah. Any other manager worth his soul would say sign or go he's not putting in anywhere near the performances he has in prior seasons

Its a sign of the club, rotten throughout.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Ridiculous that we find ourselves under pressure with 10 to go.

Sadly part of the course these times and this is why its no longer any fun to be an Arsenal fan and why there is constant discontent from some quarters.

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

The difference in Ozil's fitness vs when he first joined us is ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Will Xhaka ever learn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Our club is very sick. We all know the cure but the doctor is refusing to administer the medicine.

Our club is very sick. We all know the cure but the doctor is refusing to administer the medicine.

At this club the doctor has to inject himself

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Sanchez subbed with 1 minute remaining !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Yet it's Laca who comes off again
    Ah Lacazette did nothing either. Not as if they play in the same position anyway?

Ah Lacazette did nothing either. Not as if they play in the same position anyway?

Agree today but it's more than just today. Sanchez is never held to account, Wenger subs Laca every time as default you can call it at the start of a game

Agree today but it's more than just today. Sanchez is never held to account, Wenger subs Laca every time as default you can call it at the start of a game

Over the last few weeks, I agree with that. Today, he lost the ball a lot (again) but Sanchez contributed far more than Lacazette.

Over the last few weeks, I agree with that. Today, he lost the ball a lot (again) but Sanchez contributed far more than Lacazette.

I thought Sanchez was as poor. One is the future the other is not. Michael Owen talked about it a few weeks ago and Wright said it before, when your the striker and you know your going to be subbed or are constantly subbed it stops you peaking confidence wise.

That and dropping him for big games I think it holds Laca back from being the 25+ goals a season striker we need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Bellerin once again proving why he needs to be dropped. He completely kills any momentum going forward, running down blind alleys and failing to set up players in good positions.
    Also his late appearance on the LW with a few minutes left at 1-0 was kamikaze stuff..i don't even know.

Xhaka also needs a spell on sidelines.. he gives possession away far too easily..making us vulnerable on the break.

Speaking of the break.. we were atrocious on the counter once again.. moves breaking down constantly. Ozil defintely best player on pitch.

Bellerin once again proving why he needs to be dropped. He completely kills any momentum going forward, running down blind alleys and failing to set up players in good positions.

Xhaka also needs a spell on sidelines.. he gives possession away far too easily..making us vulnerable on the break.

Speaking of the break.. we were atrocious on the counter once again.. moves breaking down constantly. Ozil defintely best player on pitch.

Agree on Bellerin he's gone so far backwards, headless chicken, if he wasn't as fast as he is im not sure where he would be.

Ozil needs to be contracted he's something you won't find on the market.

3 pts but another **** performance making the win very much a meh

Pep really has City buzzing. Lovely fast movement like we used to have.
    They could go unbeaten but there's a long way to go yet.

Pep really has City buzzing. Lovely fast movement like we used to have.
    They could go unbeaten but there's a long way to go yet.

Long way to go but that is phenomenal form in fairness. I feel they are suspect at the back but they have beaten Arsenal, Man United, Liverpool, Spurs, and Chelsea. Essentially all of their rivals.

Its hard to see where they will drop points. They do have to go to ourselves, Spurs and Anfield in the second half of the season but their attack is so good that they could easily swat all of them aside especially our keystone cops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Was at the match today, looking at Sanchez iwobi and bellerin Jesus they are piss poor. All need to be dropped and maybe bellerin and Sanchez need to be sold as their heads aren't at Arsenal. Sanchez should have been whipped off instead of laca, constantly losing the ball and running into trouble when the easy pass is on. Needs to be benched for the Liverpool game.
    Made a meal of beating a piss poor Newcastle side but hey ho 3 pts is 3 pts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Sanchez contributed more to the Newcastle performance than he did to ours, Laca got no supply whatsoever and needs a run if games were he's not subbed off

• Advertisement

Long way to go but that is phenomenal form in fairness. I feel they are suspect at the back but they have beaten Arsenal, Man United, Liverpool, Spurs, and Chelsea. Essentially all of their rivals.

Its hard to see where they will drop points. They do have to go to ourselves, Spurs and Anfield in the second half of the season but their attack is so good that they could easily swat all of them aside especially our keystone cops
    Loved their high press on the Spurs defence and keeper. Forced them to kick long all the time thus regaining possession.
    We did that too against Spurs and beat them but somehow Wenger doesn't believe we need to work that hard to beat lesser teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

We won. F*ck it.

I’ve given up getting wound up*

*this may be a lie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Quite sad watching us these days, once even if we bottled it we at least played good football. Now we don't do that. Newcastle, who are one of the worse teams in the PL, in that 2nd half could have nicked a point. Ozil was great again today, I just fear he's playing for that big move, but at least unlike Alexis he's shown some interest. That goal was beautiful. Alexis just doesn't look bothered anymore. Sad really

Bellerin has lost it since he became a hipster model and Xhaka to me doesn't look the real deal either. But Wenger won't have the guts to drop both. Even poor Laca looked peeved off, how long before he be wanting out.

Dreading what that Liverpool attack will do to us come Friday, not going to be fun. Throw in away fixtures with West Brom and Palace, and with our away form could be rough. Then Chelsea at home. Could be a rough Christmas and New Years. Bah Humbug :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ooooh! What a hit from Ozil. Beautiful!

Someone got a nice video of the Ozil strike. Phwoar unbelievable Jeff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Rumours circulating on twitter (I know :rolleyes:) that Ozil has signed a new long term contract. Really hope this is true! Some boost for the club if it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Rumours circulating on twitter (I know :rolleyes:) that Ozil has signed a new long term contract. Really hope this is true! Some boost for the club if it is.

Happened last week too.

Doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Oooh on second thoughts he is claiming that City are coming back with 90m for Sanchez??? :confused:

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_daivd/status/903234678374715392

Seriously would they come back in with that much for a player they will get for free in six months? I thought Sanchez would give it his all as he did do up to the end of last season but he just doesnt look bothered which is hugely unprofessional of him .

Ornstein's Twitter = @bbcsport_david :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

Oooh on second thoughts he is claiming that City are coming back with 90m for Sanchez??? :confused:

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_daivd/status/903234678374715392

Seriously would they come back in with that much for a player they will get for free in six months? I thought Sanchez would give it his all as he did do up to the end of last season but he just doesnt look bothered which is hugely unprofessional of him .

I think your following a fake account

• Advertisement

He has been hit and miss at times to be honest. Demanding higher wages now, he needs to up his game far more consistently

I think your following a fake account

Yeah just copped there now. That blasted Claude of Arsenal Fan Tv retweeted it. Damn you Claude :mad:

Ornstein's Twitter = @bbcsport_david :p

I noticed the spelling but didnt think much of it. It was retweeted by Claude of Arsenal fan tv who has been also mugged off. the pitfalls of social media.

I noticed the spelling but didnt think much of it. It was retweeted by Claude of Arsenal fan tv who has been also mugged off. the pitfalls of social media.

Look for the blue tick beside the name in future :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

There are rumours of a signed deal all the same, started apparently by the official club social media sites posting different Ozil goals today.

Look for the blue tick beside the name in future :D

That blue tick is a load of shíte though. They are removing that from real people because they dont like what they are posting.

Anyway ive deleted the fake tweets for fear of misleading any other posters because thats the kind of considerate guy I am :) :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Agh you got my hopes up there :(.

Agh you got my hopes up there :(.

Sorry Woolly. Mea Culpa. I jumped the gun.

Jaysis lads, been away for a while, delighted to say the missus had the newest member of the Arsenal Ladies Team last Tuesday, 5 weeks early and weighing in at 3lb 7oz. <3

Was expecting a few more let's all laugh at Tottenham posts!

Jaysis lads, been away for a while, delighted to say the missus had the newest member of the Arsenal Ladies Team last Tuesday, 5 weeks early and weighing in at 3lb 7oz. <3

Congrats! That is insanely tiny, hope the little one is doing ok.

Watched the highlights of the Tottenham match. Kane and Alli could have both easily had straight reds. Insane what they got away with when you think of Xhaka getting a straight red for a standard leg flick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Congratulations. A nice distraction from all things Arsenal I’m sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Denise (Dennis) I assume? Congrats PD

Congrats.
    3.5 lbs is not a bad weight at all. One of my lads was born way too early too and was only 2 lbs. The fecker is looking down at me now as he's 6ft 3ins.

Best wishes to you all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

https://archive.org/details/BPZoneEpisode8

Unfortunately schedules didn't work out with my secret boardsie , but have a listen I talk about the weekend , rant about Wenger, and talk in fear of Liverpool next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

emmetlego wrote: »
    Denise (Dennis) I assume? Congrats PD

I remember years ago reading about an Arsenal fan who was keen to name their newborn after an Arsenal player. Had a girl so named her Lauren - genius!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Basil3 wrote: »
    Congrats! That is insanely tiny, hope the little one is doing ok.

Watched the highlights of the Tottenham match. Kane and Alli could have both easily had straight reds. Insane what they got away with when you think of Xhaka getting a straight red for a standard leg flick.

Can you imagine if it had been Xhaka and Sanchez (say) and they'd not been given reds.

The media would have been apoplectic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

At this stage, Dustin the turkey would be better than the current bunch! I would like to see Arteta back at some stage. He is highly respected in the managerial circles and has worked under some fantastic coaches. I'd say he'd be a relative success! Change is as good as a rest. That said, Arsenal should be head hunting the proven at this stage, We need success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Looking forward to tonight's game! Hope Wenger puts out a decent strong team and we progress. Moyes will have his West Ham team well up for a cup game at Arsenal tonight, buoyed on by their draw in the league last week. COYG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Do ye think Arsenal will put out a decent enough team tonight and go for a potential cup final chance, or play the Europa League level team?

Considering there is a big game on Friday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I'd say it will 100% be a second string in this game. I'll have a stab -

Ospina

Debuchy Holding Mert ?

Elneny Maitland-Niles

Walcott Iwobi Welbeck

Giroud

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement