Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

I'd bring Debuchy back into the main squad for Bellerin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Basil3 wrote: »
    I'd bring Debuchy back into the main squad for Bellerin

Him or even Niles at RB. Anyone but Bellerin, and Kolasinac didn't deserve dropping on the left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Someone on for Walcott. Even the tea lady.

First contact in the box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

First contact in the box?

Yep, kicked him out of the box really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Looks like Giroud will be out for a few weeks.

emmetlego wrote: »
    Ah now. He does get some things right.

Spurs 2-0 was a pretty good one. Problem is they are getting further and further apart, and his faults list is increasing month on month.

Stopped clock analogy

Lacazette to start on Friday now.

Lacazette to start on Friday now.

Who else would be?

We are the least clinical team in front of goal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Who else would be?

This is Wenger afterall. I'd be half expecting Sanogo to somehow get the nod

Quazzie wrote: »
    This is Wenger afterall. I'd be half expecting Sanogo to somehow get the nod

Well based on Giroud and Welbeck essentially playing full games, and us being at home on Friday, I'd say Lacazette is fairly guaranteed. I guess you never know, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

This is brutal, no wonder the emirates is empty.

Great bit of pressing there by the young lads.

Great bit of pressing there by the young lads.

The one good thing about watching Arsenal at the moment. If they keep it up they'll have amazing careers ahead of themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

God

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

You can have you Henry and Wright, give me Dennis all day long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

What a player. What a f***ing player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Just a bit of trivia, he made his debut against Middlesborough in August 1995 and was one of three players on the pitch playing their first matches for their clubs (2 for the Gunners and 1 for 'Boro).....anyone at least get the other Gooner without google ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Rosicky just retired. Thought that he was just brilliant, must be incredibly disappointing that he was so blighted by injury.

https://twitter.com/ArsenalFC_fl/status/943427748760080384

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Just a bit of trivia, he made his debut against Middlesborough in August 1995 and was one of three players on the pitch playing their first matches for their clubs (2 for the Gunners and 1 for 'Boro).....anyone at least get the other Gooner without google ?

David Platt?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

CatInABox wrote: »
    Rosicky just retired. Thought that he was just brilliant, must be incredibly disappointing that he was so blighted by injury.

https://twitter.com/ArsenalFC_fl/status/943427748760080384

Great player when he was able to fully show it.

The loss of Rosicky & Van Persie in early 2008 had a bigger influence on not winning the title that year than the Eduardo incident imo.

DvB wrote: »
    David Platt?

Yep correct - for some reason I always have difficulty thinking of Platt as an arsenal player - Nicky Barmby was the other for Boro.

Anyway sorry for hijacking the thread I'll be quiet now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Yep correct - for some reason I always have difficulty thinking of Platt as an arsenal player - Nicky Barmby was the other for Boro.

Anyway sorry for hijacking the thread I'll be quiet now

He might have played for Arsenal but he was never an Arsenal 'player' if that makes sense? Always thought of him more as a Villa player who had a season or 2 at the Arsenal myself.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

emmetlego wrote: »
    You can have you Henry and Wright, give me Dennis all day long!

I loved Henry and Wright but Dennis was out of this world something else. You could almost see the calculations occurring as he was trying to gauge the speed and trajectory of the ball

DvB wrote: »
    He might have played for Arsenal but he was never an Arsenal 'player' if that makes sense? Always thought of him more as a Villa player who had a season or 2 at the Arsenal myself.

That's exactly what i meant ! - thank you Sir

Should Walcott be sold in January lads.
    He offers nothing to the team imo.
    He has now lost his speed and he never showed any bravery.
    Maybe give young Nelson or some other young lad a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Absolutely. He's done now, Wenger won't even put him anywhere near the bench for PL games. Last year at least he was a goal threat (especially against big teams) but he won't be playing any big games and that goal threat has evaporated regardless. Now he doesn't do anything.

• Honestly thought he was sold already. Yee won't miss him at all. Another England over-hyped special who failed to live up to potential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

In all honesty who would want Walcott? He will probably price himself out a move looking for silly wages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

wonga77 wrote: »
    In all honesty who would want Walcott? He will probably price himself out a move looking for silly wages

Everton were linked this morning.

Should Walcott be sold in January lads.
    He offers nothing to the team imo.
    He has now lost his speed and he never showed any bravery.
    Maybe give young Nelson or some other young lad a try.

It's shocking that he has had a twelve year career at Arsenal. Any other manager and he would be finished long ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Its bizarre when you see the treatment of the likes of Perez who didnt really get any chance and always did well when called upon.

Its bizarre when you see the treatment of the likes of Perez who didnt really get any chance and always did well when called upon.

The thing I find about Wenger is he will persist with a dud out of stubbornness no matter what the cost to the team.

Walcott actually has a decent enough record. We don't play well to his strengths. In many respects, you can see the same with Lacazette.... He's always looking for the run in behind but we very rarely deliver.

Mice not just on the field but within the stadium :pac:

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2017/1220/928722-arsenal-mice-problem/

Mice not just on the field but within the stadium :pac:

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2017/1220/928722-arsenal-mice-problem/

And I thought we hadn't a squeak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Walcott actually has a decent enough record. We don't play well to his strengths. In many respects, you can see the same with Lacazette.... He's always looking for the run in behind but we very rarely deliver.

So we don't play to Walcott's strength or Giroud's. Sometimes wonder why do we even bother with strikers?

The biggest problem with Walcott leaving (and believe me I'm no fan), is that if Giroud leaves too we are then relying on Welbeck for goals *shudders*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

When the draw for the next round of the Coca cola cup?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    When the draw for the next round of the Coca cola cup?

We got Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Be interesting to see what side he picks come the 1st leg Semi Final, I personally think he should just go for it. Chose the best side and go to win. I'm sure Conte won't be resting many and either will Pep even against Bristol City. I think with a decent draw in the Fa Cup, the only real chance of silverware we have.

I think his decision will be made on how we do over the Christmas period. From our run with Liverpool to Palace to West Brom to Chelsea and then the Fa Cup vs Forest. A good run of results and if we're still in the run for a top 4 place, I don't see him risking it imo. A bad run and I could see him risking it with the full side for the 1st leg.

At least we avoided Bristol city oh and Man City too :pac:

Soups123 wrote: »
    We got Chelsea

Interestingly I see the two legs will be used as a trial for the Video Referee system

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

I expect us to lose tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

ronjo wrote: »
    I expect us to lose tonight.

Yes I worry about our defence up against Firminho, Salah and co. Full backs will have to be very disciplined tonight. Maybe Debuchy would be a better bet than Bellerin for his defensive attributes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Will be doing episode 9 of the podcast tonight after the game so get your questions in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Will be doing episode 9 of the podcast tonight after the game so get your questions in
    Why were we so **** against Liverpool tonight?
    :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

According to John Cross of the mirror, Maitland-Niles is starting at left back tonight. Another risky and bizarre decision by Wenger. He’s not a left back and I could see Liverpool exploiting that with their experience and pace.

According to John Cross of the mirror, Maitland-Niles is starting at left back tonight. Another risky and bizarre decision by Wenger. He’s not a left back and I could see Liverpool exploiting that with their experience and pace.

Yup, Maitland-Niles in

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/944277766274510850

He has some serious pace, maybe that's why.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Kolasinac's passing needs a lot of work too. Can imagine Wenger doesn't want him and Alexis on the same wing. Although I know who I'd be dropping and kicking out of the club...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement