Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Kolasinac would struggle massively against Salah, AMN is really going to need to step up but he has the pace to stifle him.

I'd rather have Walcott playing than Iwobi. I'm not joking.

Hopefully Iwobi ends up having a blinder now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

That defence lads.

Seriously not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Kolasinac would struggle massively against Salah, AMN is really going to need to step up but he has the pace to stifle him.

Whatever about Kolasinac struggling is the answer really to replace him with a lesser player in AMN. Then a make shift CB with Monreal beside him, we find ourselves in the same ****e every season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That defence is hardly good enough to shut out the in-form strikers that Liverpool possess. Hope i'm very wrong but our team looks incredibly weak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Be afraid be very afraid.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Be afraid be very afraid.

I won't lie Niallo there's no more place I enjoy more in here than a read of your thread if we beat you lot

I really hope to be lurking later keep any eye out for my 'wave bye' thanks if I do :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Soups123 wrote: »
    I won't lie Niallo there's no more place I enjoy more in here than a read of your thread if we beat you lot

I really hope to be lurking later keep any eye out for my 'wave bye' thanks if I do :)

I'll be here win lose or draw. I like you lot.

Urgh. Henderson coming off has to strengthen any team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

10 minutes and we haven't conceded yet. That's not like us at all

• Advertisement

I remember when we used to be a good passing team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

What has kolasinac done to Wenger?

For all his huff and puff, Sanchez is piss poor again

We are playing with too much fear of what they might do, giving them way too much respect on our pitch. The team has a mental ceiling I worry tonight we're showing that

We are playing with too much fear of what they might do, giving them way too much respect on our pitch. The team has a mental ceiling I worry tonight we're showing that

And then that's what happens

Brainless from Iwobi

Rubbish starting a 20 year old in a position he's no familiar with against a player who is on for POTY. This is the shít that happens then

Koscielny at fault with that goal

When oh when will this shít show end?? :mad:

Once again, defending the poor relation at a club once renowned as a centre of excellence in defending.

Xhaka just stopped following coutinho.

Braindead.

Get Iwobi off the field FFS.

• Advertisement

Liverpool have us were they want us, started the game fearing them, get a goal and we are in full rabbit in headlights mode now and are open as fcuk at the back

Iwobi is a disgrace of a footballer

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Iwobi is talented but nowhere near ready.

Xhaka just stopped following coutinho.

Braindead.

As lazy and brain-dead an idiot in football today. I'm sure Gilberto and Vieira must be sick looking at what's in midfield for us at present :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Can we take bellerin iwobi and Sanchez off and play 3 of the young lads. Absolute dog ****e

Even Cech was ****e for the goal.

As lazy and brain-dead an idiot in football today. I'm sure Gilberto and Vieira must be sick looking at what's in midfield for us at present :mad:

I doubt either of them watch us anymore, given up long ago I expect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Do ye not think cech should have came and took ball and Countinho, just stood there. Deflection shouldn't have unbalanced him that much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Iwobi is not even a championship player he is way out of his depth.

• Advertisement

I've said it a few months back. He offers absolutely nothing to us.

Tbf to him he's not going to say that himself. Other clubs have managers and apparently they step in there and prevent those players from playing.

They all look they had a massive stodgy stew before playing ball!

So slow and braindead.

And no-one to bollock them at HT

Lucky to not be 2-0 down. Bring back the old Kos.

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Do ye not think cech should have came and took ball and Countinho, just stood there. Deflection shouldn't have unbalanced him that much

I agree completely. It was a collective shambolic effort.

If Liverpool were any good theyd be at least 3 up.

• Advertisement

Ridiculous from Kos.

What a bad game he's having

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I've being saying it a lot in the last few years that our defence is pure rubbish. Wenger doesn't seem to see it though.

Ridiculous from Kos.

What a bad game he's having

Confidence shot to bits in this toxic regime. An embarrassment of a club. :mad:

Confidence shot to bits in this toxic regime. An embarrassment of a club. :mad:

We've only lost one at home since April, yet the toxic regime is why Kos is playing like sh*t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Why does Sanchez only want to pass to Bellerin?

Is he the only one who will talk to him in the dressing room?

• Advertisement

newbie2 wrote: »

I think he is trying to make Bellerin break his record for losing the balls the most times in a game

newbie2 wrote: »

The funny thing is that he can do a massive cross-field kick to Bellerin, but will give away the ball trying to pass to a player within 5m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

I don't even no why they are passing to Bellerin, he couldn't cross a T.

I've being saying it a lot in the last few years that our defence is pure rubbish. Wenger doesn't seem to see it though.

It's much more than defence Tayto, the whole thing is broke. Take the middle tonight Jack aside the others have been awful. Casualness throughout the team is accepted by the manager, take tonight NM, Kos, Bellerin, Iwobi, Ozil &a Xhaka none of them fear the crowd or the coach they are so in a comfort zone.

Nobody other than JW is giving 100% and they don't mind they take it tonight and work with the manager bounce back in the next game. Soft players, soft coaches and a soft club. We used to be Arsenal FC

Did Neville just say to being on Coq or Elneny? Jaysus.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Did Neville just say to being on Coq or Elneny? Jaysus.

Either in place of xhaka would massively improve us.

Xhaka is poison.

It's much more than defence Tayto, the whole thing is broke. Take the middle tonight Jack aside the others have been awful. Casualness throughout the team is accepted by the manager, take tonight NM, Kos, Bellerin, Iwobi, Ozil &a Xhaka none of them fear the crowd or the coach they are so in a comfort zone.

Nobody other than JW is giving 100% and they don't mind they take it tonight and work with the manager bounce back in the next game. Soft players, soft coaches and a soft club. We used to be Arsenal FC

Hate to say it, but Jack is overrated. He can drive forward well, then do a pathetic flick of a pass behind the player he's passing to. Ramsey offers us so much more going forward, and no less defensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Basil3 wrote: »
    Hate to say it, but Jack is overrated. He can drive forward well, then do a pathetic flick of a pass behind the player he's passing to. Ramsey offers us so much more going forward, and no less defensively.

Disagree fully. But I guess it's all about opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

emmetlego wrote: »
    Why were we so **** against Liverpool tonight?
    :-)

Prophetic, or groundhog day? :-)

emmetlego wrote: »
    Disagree fully. But I guess it's all about opinions.

Considering Ramsey gets so much grief for straying, he gets into good goal scoring positions regularly, as well as creating chances. Jack holds much more centrally, yet our midfield still seems weak and absent most of the time.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement