Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Quazzie wrote: »
    I bet he's well down the table of "fúcks given" tho.

I think he cares about his own performance, but not of the team's.

Gives the ball away 5 times and then complains at the audacity of a team mate who doesn't pass to him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

I bet he's well down the table of "fúcks given" tho.

He not worth the bother IMO or the money. Not been full on for Arsenal for a long time, him and a few others. That is something that has always annoyed me, a player not playing his best, even if the team not doing well in the league etc. Players get paid very well, so no excuse for continuous under performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I wonder if Sanchez does go to City and Aguero has permission to leave could we get him? Aguero, Lacazette and Giroud. Two up front from that three and back to 4-4-2 or 5-3-2.

I wonder if Sanchez does go to City and Aguero has permission to leave could we get him? Aguero, Lacazette and Giroud. Two up front from that three and back to 4-4-2 or 5-3-2.

No interest in Aguero, not that he would want to come to us.

If we want a title challenge in the next few years, we don't want to be signing a striker who will be 30 in June.

Basil3 wrote: »

If we want a title challenge in the next few years, we don't want to be signing a striker who will be 30 in June.
    He's a goal machine.

• Advertisement

He's a goal machine.

But will be still be when we have enough quality players to make a decent tilt at the title?

But will be still be when we have enough quality players to make a decent tilt at the title?

We won't be challenging for the title until Wenger leaves. By then all our current players will be too old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I'd be very happy with that swap.
    Would Aguero be happy to swap a procession to the league plus a good shout at the Champions league for a fight to finish in the top 4?

greendom wrote: »
    I'd be very happy with that swap.
    Would Aguero be happy to swap a procession to the league plus a good shout at the Champions league for a fight to finish in the top 4?
    They were suggesting on tv (MOTD ?) that Pep was going to offload him.

And yet your clearly a big fan of Walcott :rolleyes:
    aaaaaahhhhh heyorrrr

• Advertisement

And yet your clearly a big fan of Walcott :rolleyes:
    aaaaaahhhhh heyorrrr

If only you could read past the first few words. Did Santa bring you a lobotomy for Xmas? :pac:

Happy Christmas all you Gooners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Happy Christmas dudes. Peace and goodwill (but especially peace!) to yis all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

This not playing on Stephenses Day, or even not today, is bollix lads.

Liverpool to pay 75 Million for Van Dijk.
    Don't know if he's worth it but at least they know the area they have to improve in and are addressing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

If only you could read past the first few words. Did Santa bring you a lobotomy for Xmas? :pac:

I'd rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy! On 2nd thoughts after all I drank these last few days, maybe not.

Van Djik is a great signing for Pool, and had hoped we'd at least have bid for him. Exactly what we need to buy. Proven premiership and quality central defender. Pool may easily climb into the top 3 with him now. Though Wenger said today that we'd be very busy this window, which is unlike him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

emmetlego wrote: »
    Though Wenger said today that we'd be very busy this window, which is unlike him!

Expect everyone who is out of contract in the summer to be sold.:p

On a serious note tho, I actually don't want us to buy anyone, I just want Wenger to go and our next manager to be the man making the call on who joins the team

Expect everyone who is out of contract in the summer to be sold.:p

On a serious note tho, I actually don't want us to buy anyone, I just want Wenger to go and our next manager to be the man making the call on who joins the team

Or the new "Not" director of football to buy the players the new manager will want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Agreed, one or two signings at this stage isn't gonna make us win the league this year or next, Wenger just needs to go so we can start again. We're where we were now before he took over 20 years ago. He's peaked and fallen in those 20 years, time for a clean slate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Sorry for lack of new podcast lads , Phone bit the bullet over Xmas hoping to have a new one up tonight though so get in any questions you may or may not have :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Lads having a discussion earler and I was saying I have a very vague memory of us playing 2 matches in 2 days at the end of the season, maybe about 15 years back. Honestly not even sure if I didnt just dream it. Anyone remember such a thing? If it did happen we must have had a few good cup runs.

salmocab wrote: »
    Lads having a discussion earler and I was saying I have a very vague memory of us playing 2 matches in 2 days at the end of the season, maybe about 15 years back. Honestly not even sure if I didnt just dream it. Anyone remember such a thing? If it did happen we must have had a few good cup runs.

Remember that, and remember Wenger moaning like feic about it on TV, rightly so too!

Remember that, and remember Wenger moaning like feic about it on TV, rightly so too!

Ah great, so I'm not losing it. Anyone have any details?

Had a look through that cant see any dates that clash for 2 in a row although that could just me being tired

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

salmocab wrote: »
    Had a look through that cant see any dates that clash for 2 in a row although that could just me being tired

I think it may have been in the 01/02 season, lost to Charlton at home and beat Utd the following day in the league cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

wawaman wrote: »
    I think it may have been in the 01/02 season, lost to Charlton at home and beat Utd the following day in the league cup

Couldn't have been at the end of the season, we didn't lose a game in the league since December!

good man lost 4-2 to charlton on 4th Nov in the league and beat Utd 4 nil Wiltord scored a hat trick in the league cup on the 5th, shocked that that was so early in the season in my head I assumed it was late and we were trying to make up fixtures

Richard Wright punched one into his own net in the charlton game I think

• Advertisement

That's the one! Fair play on your memory. I can't remember who scored last week these days

That's the one! Fair play on your memory. I can't remember who scored last week these days

The only reason I remember it so clearly is I lost my s*it watching the charlton game, back in the days when a loss against a team like charlton was a shock.....unlike the present

https://archive.org/details/BPZoneEpisode9

Here's Episode 9 guys , Would love if you could all check it out as I have a way better sounding set up now , hardly any echo etc , So hopefully a better listen for you guys :) let me know what you think any please :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

https://archive.org/details/BPZoneEpisode9

Here's Episode 9 guys , Would love if you could all check it out as I have a way better sounding set up now , hardly any echo etc , So hopefully a better listen for you guys :) let me know what you think any please :)

Was listening to this and my other half asked was I listening to Al Porter :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

This not playing on Stephenses Day, or even not today, is bollix lads.

No, I like it. It's no time of year for football, too much other stuff to be at or else you're hungover.
    Last Friday & tomorrow are good days for a game, shame there's one on nye though

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Was listening to this and my other half asked was I listening to Al Porter :)

Oh lordy haha , and I can't stand him used to turn off today fm the minute he came on before all the stuff came out about him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Finally Arsenal are playing tonight! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Agreed, one or two signings at this stage isn't gonna make us win the league this year or next, Wenger just needs to go so we can start again. We're where we were now before he took over 20 years ago. He's peaked and fallen in those 20 years, time for a clean slate.

Arsenal is not going to get any better under Wenger. He has never really spent enough, even when we had the money. He has not adjusted to the reality what it takes these days.... Money and more money. The best players go where the money is, whether we like it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

£75m on Van Dijk! That’s a ridiculous fee in any market. Absolutely no value out there anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

This in today's Irish Times

Arsène Wenger still preaching his gospel of calm analysis

This in today's Irish Times

Arsène Wenger still preaching his gospel of calm analysis

Oh the sacrifices he has made for the club :rolleyes:

Fúckin nonsense! What a phoney this man has become. If he took one of these other offers he always hints that he received he wouldnt last 6 months in the job.

Do you think the likes of Real Madrids 90k following would look at this idiotic suicidal Wengerball system while Ronaldo is screaming for a ball?

He stayed in his comfort zone where he is accountable to no one and expects people to swallow this patronising bullshít every so often.

• Advertisement

Fúckin nonsense! What a phoney this man has become. If he took one of these other offers he always hints that he received he wouldnt last 6 months in the job.

Do you think the likes of Real Madrids 90k following would look at this idiotic suicidal Wengerball system while Ronaldo is screaming for a ball?

He stayed in his comfort zone where he is accountable to no one and expects people to swallow this patronising bullshít every so often.

It was a nice enough article reflecting on a pretty remarkable achievement. I wouldn't expect anything less than for someone here to rip the sh*t out of Wenger immediately.

Yawn.

Miles behind Fergie in every department too.
    He has sold his values a long time ago. He thinks he's fooling everyone.
    “In my heart I prefer to play with one defender,” ha ha Someone should remind him that sometimes it looks like he's playing with none at all.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/946455707301437442

Decent looking team. Kolasinac back in, Chambers getting a run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Back to a back 3?

As I said the other day he has no idea what his best 11 and formation is.

Back to a back 3?

As I said the other day he has no idea what his best 11 and formation is.

Or maybe he adjust based on the opposition and his personnel? Oh, that's right.... Wenger can't do that. He's just bumbling along and hoping for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Or maybe he adjust based on the opposition and his personnel? Oh, that's right.... Wenger can't do that. He's just bumbling along and hoping for the best.

Yeah he adjusted and conceded 3 goals.

Master tactician alright.

Yeah he adjusted and conceded 3 goals.

Master tactician alright.

I wonder when other managers select different teams and different formations for different matches, do they get criticism for not knowing their best team and formation?

I remember Wenger used to get a lot of criticism around here for never changing formation, and sticking to a lot of the same players. He can't win.

At the end of the day, if we were playing a big match against a top team, we'd have a fairly good idea who would be playing, bar one or two players/positions. It's really not something to get wound up over, unless you like getting annoyed at literally anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

At least Wenger matches Ferguson's record of 810 PL games tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Happy to see Chambers get a game, I see more potential in him than Holding.

Like the look of that team tonight, would like to see an alternative to Bellerin at RWB

I think Palace will beat us tonight and I think I will be giving out sh!t about Sanchez a lot too. Just warning you all!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement