Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

This thread is mirroring the match it seems.
    Yawn...I'm only posting so I don't fall asleep.

Just turned on the TV. Can anyone sum up the first 70 mins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

gitzy16v wrote: »
    This thread is mirroring the match it seems.
    Yawn...I'm only posting so I don't fall asleep.

Like myself I am growing further and further apart from this Arsenal team/club. A shadow of the club we once were since our move away from Highbury.

Basil3 wrote: »

Nothing has happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Worse than a pre season friendly this...
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

id forgive losing a game in this with all the youngsters. Nelson is a ball of class. He played a lovely little one-two and made a lovely run into the box beating the offside trap waiting for the receiving pass and of course that f**ckin Walcott was offside :mad:

id forgive losing a game in this with all the youngsters. Nelson is a ball of class. He played a lovely little one-two and made a lovely run into the box beating the offside trap waiting for the receiving pass and of course that f**ckin Walcott was offside :mad:

Walcott is a horrendous player.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Walcott is a horrendous player.

His whole body language stinks too. The little shítb@g thinks he is too good for the club

Maybe with a man advantage we can do something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Yep Zzzzzzzzz

Coq let himself down there... does us no favours when we're looking for them against us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Jesus whats that popping out of Coquelin? Also let's try pay Walcott to stay in Serbia.

WHAT A GOAL

Unreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,110 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

What a goal!!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

That was a thing of f****** beauty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Sweeeeeet!!

Finally.
    Lovely goal..Jack done well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Marvellous goal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Awful game. Magical goal

• Advertisement

I know OG's finish was pure class, but Jack Wilshere's contribution there was phenomenal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Forgettable game but a cracking goal.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

emmetlego wrote: »
    I know OG's finish was pure class, but Jack Wilshere's contribution there was phenomenal!

Ozil should be dropped immediately for Wilshere

Ozil should be dropped immediately for Wilshere

I understand why you say that, but measure the opposition against the performance... Nah, f*** it, you're right! Jack for Pope!

I understand why you say that, but measure the opposition against the performance... Nah, f*** it, you're right! Jack for Pope!

Haha...genuinely think Jack is nearly as good on the ball and a million times more dedicated to the club

Haha...genuinely think Jack is nearly as good on the ball and a million times more dedicated to the club

Great to see him lasting the full 90

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

A win for the second string. Not great football but still a win. Good for the young lads.

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

A win for the second string. Not great football but still a win. Good for the young lads.

A tight unpretty win ground out by a team that are actually busting their arse for the jersey :) Suits me fine.

Send ozil packing and start Wilshere in every game.

x PyRo wrote: »

It's absolutely true. That scorpion kick. Tonight's scramble also. He has had some belters. Must also be said, we used to bemoan his missing of sitters before. That seems to happen less now.

Destined to lose him in January now though.

Id imagine the whole Red Star squad fought over Jacks shirt tonight. It was a virtuoso performance. The thing about Jack is that there is no Keowns or Adams on our team to protect him when dodgy tackles go in like Mcnairs for United back in 2014. We need nutters that will fly in and scream in opposition faces and send a message, 'Mess with our boys and we'll get you'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Not an Arsenal fan but that was one of the best goals I've ever seen. Wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Id imagine the whole Red Star squad fought over Jacks shirt tonight. It was a virtuoso performance. The thing about Jack is that there is no Keowns or Adams on our team to protect him when dodgy tackles go in like Mcnairs for United back in 2014. We need nutters that will fly in and scream in opposition faces and send a message, 'Mess with our boys and we'll get you'.

Great build-up and goal but until Wilshere puts in performances like that for a full season he's as much use as Walcott.

marvin80 wrote: »
    Great build-up and goal but until Wilshere puts in performances like that for a full season he's as much use as Walcott.

Walcott, who interestingly was heavily involved in the goal last night, yet I would say he gets zero credit. It was all Jack and Giroud.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Although Walcott was involved and extremely brave to win the header I find it very hard to ignore the dross that came from him before that in the game (and for the majority of this season).

Roaster wrote: »
    Although Walcott was involved and extremely brave to win the header I find it very hard to ignore the dross that came from him before that in the game (and for the majority of this season).

He hasn't done a whole lot wrong this season. He's played the equivalent of one half of football in the league.

Roaster wrote: »

It was a poor performance all round last night bar the goal and some flashes from Jack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

He hasn't done a whole lot wrong this season. He's played the equivalent of one half of football in the league.

Tee hee I wonder why :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

greendom wrote: »
    It was a poor performance all round last night bar the goal and some flashes from Jack.

Arsenal going nowhere this season. We can just sit it out until there is a change in the management.

marvin80 wrote: »

Wilshere is a player who likes to get on the ball though and make things happen. The injuries would be a concern for me but I don't doubt his commitment. I think we are seeing a more mature Jack too

Walcott, who interestingly was heavily involved in the goal last night, yet I would say he gets zero credit. It was all Jack and Giroud.

He was give him his due. He's still a mediocre player who amounted to nothing though and should be shown the door asap

• Advertisement

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Arsenal going nowhere this season. We can just sit it out until there is a change in the management.

I disagree we're going nowhere, I think we're going in a downward spiral, as long as this management and Stan are in charge, thus will always be. But I won't sit it out. No matter how bad they get, I'm still a gunner. Love this club, always will. Just hurts to watch them play. Sometimes I'm just numb to the pain.

We may do one of two things this weekend. We'll either save or sack Koeman. Not sure I'd like him to go, find him a likeable character.

Would like Jack to start this weekend too. See if he's really fixed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I don't mind Walcott but his role in the goal last night was a poor pass that forced Giroud to pull off the incredible, hardly worthy of praise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

That Walcott is the longest serving player at the club speaks volumes. He is the embodiment of Arsenal football club in a player. Bags of potential, ultimately disappointing.

AdamD wrote: »
    I don't mind Walcott but his role in the goal last night was a poor pass that forced Giroud to pull off the incredible, hardly worthy of praise.

It was a header, and it was about the best he could do in the situation?

It's not like I'm a massive fan of Walcott's, but he actually has a decent record. I know we're only 3 matches in, but if you compare him to Giroud in the Europa...

IMihmzt.png

I understand he's not the 'bravest' player, and he strays offside way too much, but I still don't see why people are always on about him. I'd still rather have him than the Ox.

Basil3 wrote:
    I'd still rather have him than the Ox.
    You see, that’s one of the biggest signals that this club has gone so far backwards. 12 years ago, fellas of this caliber, wouldn’t have made the squad, never mind starting in the team all the time.

Im not picking on you Basil, but the line I quoted above just goes to show that we’ve accepted one form of mediocrity over another.

You see, that’s one of the biggest signals that this club has gone so far backwards. 12 years ago, fellas of this caliber, wouldn’t have made the squad, never mind starting in the team all the time.

Im not picking on you Basil, but the line I quoted above just goes to show that we’ve accepted one form of mediocrity over another.

He's not even in our starting lineup, though. He's essentially a squad player, and a very handy one imo. I just think people are annoyed by what he earns, but when you sign for a club at 16, and have had multiple contract renewals, your earnings go up.

They were regular starters though, that was my point. And they wouldn’t have been tolerated as squad players back in the day either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭lanomist

He was give him his due. He's still a mediocre player who amounted to nothing though and should be shown the door asap

The problem is his wages, can't see anyone willing to buy him unless Arsenal pay a portion of them . Not sure when his contract is up but should be let off on a bosman when it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Little help lads thinking of going to be my 1st game at the emirates either before or after christmas,

What's the best way getting tickets with good seats and travel wise getting from Shannon to the Emirtates never been since the highbury days so not really familiar with the rigmarole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

What's all this stiff about ozil joining man united in January? Have I just fallen into the dark side of twitter?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement