Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Oops..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Losing to Forest. Is it the 80s?

Big Mert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

thought Iwobi was going to be a great player for us but really beginning to have my doubts now

Classic arsenal defensive display

• Advertisement

so poor defensively again. shown up by a championship side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Utterly all over the place.

Need to keep a player or 2 closer to Mert or he'll be embarrassed repeatedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Is it just me or is everything coming through the youth development the same prototype time and time again. Everything coming through has the same characteristics

Tidy on the ball
    Versatile position wise
    Very laid back casualness to playing ball

There just isn't any variance, none have a bit of bite about them, or have high energy levels/aggression etc.. Look at players like Nelson, Akpom, Iwobi, NM, Willock and a heap of others current and past. You couldn't put a position on most of them.

I know a club has an ethos and the bring that through the ranks but seems silly to only focus on one type of player.

The only exceptions I can think of are Wilshire and Frimpong

good play from Walcott

• Advertisement

Utterly all over the place.

The young lad upfront is making and absolute dick of your 3 CBs

He's up there on his own aswell

getting ridiculous now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,513 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

We're so bad. I'm confident we'll win by a few goals here but by god we're just shocking at the back. At least we know what mainland niles level is now, championship level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

What a goal...defending was a joke though!

was coming. A farce at the back

Could see that coming a mile off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,513 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

We're absolute dirt. This was always gonna happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

It's depressing seeing Welbeck playing against Forrest. Even at this level he is struggling to make an impact. If we ever want to offload him I'm not sure even any Championship side would take him.

Welbz :o

Said it at the start very risky team to put out and absolutely nothing on the bench.

Not too bothered with the FA Cup so not arsed either way.

Front 3 have experience but only Walcott showing anything. Mid to back isn't anywhere near good enough. Mert really has a feeling of playing one of the coaches about him!

With the exception of a couple of players very few ever seem bothered about going behind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

We're so bad. I'm confident we'll win by a few goals here but by god we're just shocking at the back. At least we know what mainland niles level is now, championship level.

In fairness to him he’s not a left back, so I’d forgive him looking bad defensively. He looks tidy on the ball, so would be nice to see him actually play in his actual position for once.

Why's he put this team out anyway? Play the young lads in the League Cup midweek, nobody gives a **** about that.

In fairness to him he’s not a left back, so I’d forgive him looking bad defensively. He looks tidy on the ball, so would be nice to see him actually play in his actual position for once.

What is his position tho. As was pointed out earlier, none of the young players coming through see to actually have a position

Agreed. Keown said it earlier he's a very good player but said Wenger will only blood these lads in out wide that's the way he does it.

Put the lad (and others)in his natural position and give him a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Defenders heading the ball straight out the middle ??? You're told never to do that as it widens the target. Sometimes I wonder what they teach in coaching.
    As for Welbeck :pac::pac: Joke of a footballer. tripped over himself several times.

Ha ha looking at the first goal the line further away from the goal than the wall and the forest lad just standing in there on his own

Only at Arsenal

Shocking stuff so far. Better finishers and Forest would be home and hosed.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Agreed. Keown said it earlier he's a very good player but said Wenger will only blood these lads in out wide that's the way he does it.

Put the lad (and others)in his natural position and give him a chance

I'd say pretty much every player's natural position is attacking midfielder.

Basil3 wrote: »
    I'd say pretty much every player's natural position is attacking midfielder.

I'd say your right !

• Advertisement

Armand Traore having a great game marking Walcott.

possession but no chances created

All over

offering nothing up front and abysmal at the back. Perfect storm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Concentrate on the league now....oh wait

That young lad up front has shown more effort than our collective team.

Hughes got sacked for under performing in the league and getting made a show of in the cup with a weakened team.

What will Wenger get? A one year extension ?

Put out first string, second string or third string they'll serve you up the same ****e. Lots of possession, struggles to break down teams, lack of effort, soft at the core and full of lazy lazy mistakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

From this whole squad, is there even 8 players you would keep?

Willock taking off. Yes he was poor but I'd be taking that pretender Theo off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Suddenly people care about the fa cup?

When he wins it its not good enough.

I dunno.

easy to say now but he should have had a few first teamers on the bench

I dunno.

I care, not that it was enough for me to want Wenger to stay, but I still love the cup. This is inexcusable, the lineup made sure it was going to happen.

• Advertisement

I dunno.

I'm very proud of our FA Cup record. Disgusted with today.

Lucky we kept world class welbeck on.

There's a bit of me that does be happy at defeats like this, because at least we get some entertainment out of it.

I suppose, I just feel as long as Wenger is in charge, I just don't care about what happens to Arsenal any more. Wake me up when we get a competent manager

classic Welbz!

Welbz finish only went it because it hit the keeper :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Agreed Walcott is dirt. Literally nicking a living at the club now. Hopefully some foolish club will take him off our hands.

Edit. Get in, game on.

I dunno.

Nobody really cares about the FA Cup but this isn't just and poor day at the office in the FA Cap it's another **** performance

I dunno.

Where have we said this?? We are commenting on the match as it is unfolding. This is an appalling performance irregardless of the importance of the competition.

The FA Cup is relatively a nothing competition but you would still expect some level of professionalism from the players instead of the latest installment of garbage.

What's the point?

Another Prem rep with a **** call on a peno. That was a good tackle

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement