Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

not a pen. awful from holding Walcott and Merts

Basil3 wrote: »
    Lucky we kept world class welbeck on.

Who scored

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Soups123 wrote: »
    Another Prem rep with a **** call on a peno. That was a good tackle

And a double touch lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

That was a pen all day long, cleaned him from behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Jon Moss having a mare there. Penalty should have been retaken.

Who scored

:pac:

I hope you realise I posted after he scored, or are you just a bit slow again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Is that 4 penos in 3 games?

That's surely some kind of a record?

AdamD wrote: »

not for me. he was ahead of the player when contact was made with the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Jon Moss having a mare there. Penalty should have been retaken.

Is it a retake or just a void penalty with no retake? I would suspect the latter no?

• Advertisement

absolute nightmare of a day. Price paid for weak selection. Walcott an Welbeck awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Inquitus wrote: »
    Is it a retake or just a void penalty with no retake? I would suspect the latter no?

Would be an Arsenal freekick i think.

No chance it was a lovely tackle just unlucky the ball didn't go a little further left so ref could see that. Both that and the double touch on the peno was hard for the ref to call but both wrong.

:pac:

I hope you realise I posted after he scored, or are you just a bit slow again?

:rolleyes:

Grow up idiot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Have to laugh at Walcotts attempt at pace there. £140k a week

:rolleyes:

Grow up idiot

Sorry man, I really didn't think you wouldn't realise I had posted after welbeck scored.

Apologies.

• Advertisement

Sorry man, I really didn't think you wouldn't realise I had posted after welbeck scored.

Apologies.

Fair enough. My apologies too

greendom wrote: »
    absolute nightmare of a day. Price paid for weak selection. Walcott an Welbeck awful

Not for the first time greendorm. Continuos decline in quality. We are now a a top 6 club, non CL club and knocked out of FA Cup in round 3.

You and everyone else couldn't disagree at any other club change would happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

My first match at Highbury 1971, club steward for 12 years.

I'm so angry I just can't comment...sorry lads, there's no excuse

Dire! Although fair play to Forest. Simpy clueless at the back and toothless up front.

Better beat Chelsea now after putting the travelling support up with that rubbish.

We should be able to field any team and beat a ****ing mid-table Championship side. Let's be honest, we've seen a near full team play exactly the same way before, the team selection is no excuse. Once again I'll say it, there's something completely rotten in the club. I'm tending towards calling it a cancer at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

If Southampton are actually interested in taking Walcott we should all chip in and pay for the bus to bring him down. Joke of a player, earning serious money for doing sfa today. Don't know who calls him bambi on ice on here, but sums him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

It was in it's b*llocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Don't give a fcuk about the Cup.
    Wenger only uses it to hang on to power anyway.

BUT what about the players today?? Useless and not ONE of them fit to wear the shirt. A Rice Crispy team, snap, crackle and pop. Useless bunch.

Wenger took a big big risk, look at other top teams they have quality teams out and our manager thought he could use a group a ****e second string players.

Couldn't give a monkeys about FA Cup but absolutely care about the constant embarrassments he serves us up.

ill describe him to my Arsenal grand kids as the man who destroyed the club not as a revolutionist he once was, destroyed his legacy.

On a positive note though I backed NF to win so quids in boom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Have we ever gone out in the third round under Wenger? This is disgustingly bad.

I couldn't honestly pick one good player from that mess. That said, these cup runs are only papering over the cracks. We might need a stinker of a season to bring the axe down on this stale farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Well done Forest.

Does anyone actually still believe Wenger is the man to bring us forward?

Im gone way beyond anger at this stage, simply resigned to accepting this is our level now.

Have we ever gone out in the third round under Wenger? This is disgustingly bad.

Nope first time in his 20+ years

Another new record decline

He has an unreal cup record to his credit but there was going to come a time where it would all come apart. Tactics are stale and repetitive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Well done Forest. Wenger on your bike. It's not 2002 anymore! We've all had enough! :mad::mad::mad:

I see Wenger leaving at the end of the season now . Whole new back room staff in place which Wenger seems unwilling to engage with. Need a modern manager to take full advantage

such a poor performance in a competition he has such a magnificent record in has to be the final straw

DenMan wrote: »
    Well done Forest. Wenger on your bike. It's not 2002 anymore! We've all had enough! :mad::mad::mad:

The problem is Den 'we all' haven't had enough if we did he would be gone but we still have too many of our support still willing to back him

I can't explain how or why but they are keeping him in a job

Don't give a fcuk about the Cup.
    Wenger only uses it to hang on to power anyway.

BUT what about the players today?? Useless and not ONE of them fit to wear the shirt. A Rice Crispy team, snap, crackle and pop. Useless bunch.

Ah now you should know Pat Rice was decent :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

omega man wrote: »
    Well done Forest.

Does anyone actually still believe Wenger is the man to bring us forward?

Im gone way beyond anger at this stage, simply resigned to accepting this is our level now.

There are actually people out there that believe he is still the right man. However they can never actually explain why.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

DenMan wrote: »

Does Wenger even know who is playing for him anymore. Is that the reason for the team selection? All the rumours about Ozil and Sanchez leaving. Never fails to disappoint. What exactly is his plan this season, other than continuing to disappoint the fans.

It's only an auld Cup match lads. One year United didn't even compete in it.
    The league is the important competition.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Does Wenger even know who is playing for him anymore. All the rumours about Ozil and Sanchez leaving. Never fails to disappoint. What exactly is his plan this season, other than continuing to disappoint the fans.

He hasn't a plan he has a fear. He fears what he will do if he is not here that's what keeps him going not a desire or a belief he can be a success

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

He hasn't a plan he has a fear. He fears what he will do if he is not here that's what keeps him going not a desire or a belief he can be a success

So it's all about him then. Narcissism at its purest.

• Advertisement

He has a big love of money and absolutely no shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

It's only an auld Cup match lads. One year United didn't even compete in it.
    The league is the important competition.

Ah I don't give a bollix what Manchester United do. He needs to go for lack of progress in the league but I'm not going to dismiss the FA Cup just because we lost, he needs to be hammered for this. His only good thing over the last few years was those 3 cups, and what does he do this year? Plays the kids of dubious quality and the useless lumps that are Iwobi, Walcott et al, and get thoroughly outplayed.

And if he plays the first 11 on Wednesday, I'll be even more mad, now there's a truly nothing competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Sparky is available :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Out of curiosity when was the last time the defending champs went out so early?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

wonga77 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity when was the last time the defending champs went out so early?

Liverpool in 93.

Look at the interview, he's having a **** season and just got dumped out conceding 4 goals to a mid championship team and he hasn't a bother in the world. Cracking jokes with the reporter no fear of having to explain himself to his employer.

Despise the man completely.

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    Liverpool in 93.

And the highest amount of goals we've conceded to a lower league team since 1908 or something like that!

Add that to the 8-2, 5-0 etcs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,513 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Silver cloud.

Only one more year.

Hitchens wrote: »
    Sparky is available :)

Not just a shíte manager but a completely dislikeable one too. A nasty piece of work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I know i'm not saying anything you lads don't already know, but as an outsider looking in, Arsenal just look lost these days. Even the things that Wenger clung onto the last few years, i.e Champions League football and FA Cup wins aren't there anymore so he literally has nothing to offer.

There isn't even that sense anymore of the 'be careful what you wish for' arguement. What must be frustrating is that Arsenal are capable of attracting world class managers, Guardiola and Arsenal would have been a perfect fit.

I'm not doubting Wenger's love for the club, but he should really prove that by moving upstairs at the end of the season and overseeing the transition of Arsenal's first manager in over twenty years.

He is tarnishing his legacy ever so slightly. He's a great of the club and there should be a statue of him put outside the Emirates, but this is the longest of long goodbyes.

monkey9 wrote: »
    I know i'm not saying anything you lads don't already know, but as an outsider looking in, Arsenal just look lost these days. Even the things that Wenger clung onto the last few years, i.e Champions League football and FA Cup wins aren't there anymore so he literally has nothing to offer.

There isn't even that sense anymore of the 'be careful what you wish for' arguement. What must be frustrating is that Arsenal are capable of attracting world class managers, Guardiola and Arsenal would have been a perfect fit.

I'm not doubting Wenger's love for the club, but he should really prove that by moving upstairs at the end of the season and overseeing the transition of Arsenal's first manager in over twenty years.

He is tarnishing his legacy ever so slightly. He's a great of the club and there should be a statue of him put outside the Emirates, but this is the longest of long goodbyes.
    In many clubs he'd be fcku** out with no place on the Board. But not at Arsenal. And it would have happened years ago.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement