Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Basil3 wrote: »
    You follow a lot of dodgy Twitter users, from what I've seen in the past.

I'm sorry... What????? Do you know that I'm not even on twitter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'd say Iwobi and Welbeck are twins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

We can all see this Xhaka red coming.......

I'd say Iwobi and Welbeck are twins.

Two Danny Devito's

Fairly solid defensively tonight. Without wanting to jinx it of course, we have set up fairly well, considering we're in Stamford bridge, it's been solid enough. Very very very very poor offensively mind you! Thought Jack was doing very well up to his injury. Hopefully just a tweak... Unlikely!

pudzey101 wrote: »
    is that jens lehmann sat beside wenga haha

Yep, he's an Arsenal coach these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Soups123 wrote: »
    Yep, he's an Arsenal coach these days

He must be ashamed of himself looking at Ospina here tonight

Sanchez has them scared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

What kind of free was that from Sanchez? Nearly hit the ref and pings it to Elneny who cant shoot for sh1t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Sanchez has made an impact. Pity he’s surrounded by dross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

wonga77 wrote: »
    What kind of free was that from Sanchez? Nearly hit the ref and pings it to Elneny who cant shoot for sh1t

The i dont give a fcuk im off to city type :cool:

Interesting

Mike Dean the video ref ??

Edit.
    Obviously not.

Mike Dean the video ref ??

No otherwise it’d be one nil Chelsea right now

Good tackle from Welbeck tbf, risky but he just got there

• Advertisement

Sanchez working his socks off there.

Fair enough if we are going to play like we did tonight, but you have to be creating from set pieces at the very least, and fast breaks should at least make the opposition keeper work.

Can't complain overall.

V good result. Truly awful game.

Sanchez working his socks off there.

Doesn't look like a fella off to City in the next week or so!

Good draw in fairness.

• Advertisement

Why is Conte out there whinging?

Solid performance. Back 3 really surprised me with there shape and composure. It's a lot easier to defend as a CB when your set up to defend.

We'll miss Sanchez when he's gone, such a threat and we've nothing like him here or on the market, we really should have made him rich.

Well that was a load of ****. Clean sheet about the only positive but Chelsea looked really out of sorts, we offered nothing going forward. To be fair to Sanchez he ran his arse off when he came on.
    You just wont win anything with the likes of Welbeck or Iwobi in your team, they just arent up to the standard required for a team that aspire to challenge for trophies

Why is Conte out there whinging?

Because with VAR he can't get away with diving anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Hurrah....we didn’t lose

wonga77 wrote: »
    Well that was a load of ****. Clean sheet about the only positive but Chelsea looked really out of sorts, we offered nothing going forward. To be fair to Sanchez he ran his arse off when he came on.
    You just wont win anything with the likes of Welbeck or Iwobi in your team, they just arent up to the standard required for a team that aspire to challenge for trophies

I think that's a bit harsh Wonga we set out tonight to break there play and try keep them scoreless and then back ourselves at home.

I love seeing tactical performances with this team because they are so rare.

0-0 away to Chelsea in a semi final 2 leg tie is excellent

Soups123 wrote: »
    I think that's a bit harsh Wonga we set out tonight to break there play and try keep them scoreless and then back ourselves at home.

I love seeing tactical performances with this team because they are so rare.

0-0 away to Chelsea in a semi final 2 leg tie is excellent

I didn't mean the performance was ****, just the game as a spectacle. Defensively we were sound but it would be nice if we had some option going forward. Welbeck was non-existent (apart from a good tackle near the end) and Iwobi couldn't finish his dinner. If we had any slight ability on set pieces then we may have even nicked a goal. The amount of chances we squander from corners really irks me

Coq confirmed as sold by Wenger. No signings planned as players coming back......

Thankfully we should have a near full squad to choose from for the return leg.

Coq gone, Sanchez to follow. I wonder will anyone come in for Walcott, poor lad is only on 110K a week so he won't get that anywhere else but if he has any ambition of making the English squad then he should be forcing a move.
    Knowing Wilshere's injury luck he'll be out for a while. Wonder if there was any truth in the Perez being recalled rumour

• Advertisement

I don't think there are any offers for Sanchez as yet.
    I have a feeling he'll stay until the summer.

I think the injury to Gabriel Jesus might force City to make a move now though

Not a fan of coq (now now steady on) but I’d honestly have given the boot to a few others ahead of him. I thought Wenger rated him highly for some reason.

omega man wrote: »
    Not a fan of coq (now now steady on) but I’d honestly have given the boot to a few others ahead of him. I thought Wenger rated him highly for some reason.

As did I. Are the new backroom team having an influence already?

emmetlego wrote: »
    As did I. Are the new backroom team having an influence already?

I think Xhaka and Elneny have made him redundant. Coq had a purple period when he came back that time and tbf to him it was a super 12 months but it was mostly adrenaline filled and that wained after a while. He had some really poor games and his ability on the ball was just not good enough.

Best of luck to him

I still dream of those few games when the Coquelin and Cazorla pairing made so much sense. Remember? Surely thus means Cazorla will never be seen again?

Id fancy us to take them in the second leg. We actually done ok tonight. Hoping Wilshere was only precautionary. Great pass to Lacazette. I really miss Giroud in this team to be honest. Lacazettes first touch is very dicey and he cant hold up the play.

emmetlego wrote: »
    I still dream of those few games when the Coquelin and Cazorla pairing made so much sense. Remember? Surely thus means Cazorla will never be seen again?
    Not a chance of Cazorla coming back to play. Age and injury won't allow it.

Not a chance of Cazorla coming back to play. Age and injury won't allow it.

If Jack can stay fit he will more then fill that gap. Santi wont be back sadly but hopefully we'll offer him a coaching role. He has alot to offer

• Advertisement

I hope they sell him now while there is some bit of money on the table. No progress it would seem with Ozil. I thought all these players were clamouring over themselves to play for Wenger and now they cant get out of the club quick enough. So much for the Arsene factor.

I don't believe we'll replace Coquelin in this window.
    Xhaka did well tonight apart from the placed balls which were rubbish. Put in some good tackles and good passes. Took a yellow at the right time too.
    Elneny was lively too when he replaced Jack but I'm not sure if he's the player we need and he probably needs a run of games which he won't get with Ramsey returning soon. Jack will make that spot his own if he is injury free.

I hope they sell him now while there is some bit of money on the table. No progress it would seem with Ozil. I thought all these players were clamouring over themselves to play for Wenger and now they cant get out of the club quick enough. So much for the Arsene factor.
    I'd keep him until the summer and see what happens then. No use getting money for him anyway as we won't spend it. Sanchez could be vital in the Europa Cup.

I'd keep him until the summer and see what happens then. No use getting money for him anyway as we won't spend it. Sanchez could be vital in the Europa Cup.

Id fear he is causing some unrest in the dressing room. He looked like he couldnt be bothered in many games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

I hope they get rid of him now as his attitude is toxic. He is like a spoiled child at times, which is admittedly understandable since he is played if he has the worst game of his career the game before or not by our Arsene. If we can get a few pound for him I'll pay for the bus ticket. Tis a shame as his early career was great.

Chelsea seem to be growing a mental block against us in recent times. They cant buy a win against us. Id fancy us to take them at the Emirates tbh but hopefully we'll get the defence sorted. Bristol City in the final then please god :pac:

• Advertisement

Bristol City in the final then please god :pac:

It'd be so Arsenal to beat Chelsea then lost to Bristol City in the final :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I don't believe we'll replace Coquelin in this window.
    Xhaka did well tonight apart from the placed balls which were rubbish. Put in some good tackles and good passes. Took a yellow at the right time too.
    Elneny was lively too when he replaced Jack but I'm not sure if he's the player we need and he probably needs a run of games which he won't get with Ramsey returning soon. Jack will make that spot his own if he is injury free.

I know this is hindsight speaking and it was a tough choice for Wenger with so many injuries but I really wish he'd have started Elneny over Jack last night.

Jack has played every game over Christmas and given his usual fragile state and the fact that he's just over another major injury last night was too much of a risk. Especially when the game plan last night was to keep it tight the Egyptian would have been the better choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

When's Theo's testimonial?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

AMN is our new Coq.

What most stood out for me last night is that we are utterly clueless in the final third without Ozil or even Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭yknaa

keano_afc wrote: »
    AMN is our new Coq.

What most stood out for me last night is that we are utterly clueless in the final third without Ozil or even Sanchez.

Or missing Santi big-time! I find it hard to believe Xhaka is getting so much game time. To me he offers nothing bar an odd punt on 'first yellow'. He was very good in the Cup Final but I have yet to see him come close to that performance in any game this season. His lack of output is having an impact in the final third - poor free kicks etc.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement