Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

yknaa wrote: »
    Or missing Santi big-time! I find it hard to believe Xhaka is getting so much game time. To me he offers nothing bar an odd punt on 'first yellow'. He was very good in the Cup Final but I have yet to see him come close to that performance in any game this season. His lack of output is having an impact in the final third - poor free kicks etc.

I thought he was excellent last night (apart from dead ball delivery)

He seems to be forming a great relationship with Jack. A lot of what he does is understated, but vital. His defensive positioning was spot on last night.

If he were to go and work on his free kick and corner taking, he'd be close to the player I thought we were getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

yknaa wrote: »
    Or missing Santi big-time! I find it hard to believe Xhaka is getting so much game time. To me he offers nothing bar an odd punt on 'first yellow'. He was very good in the Cup Final but I have yet to see him come close to that performance in any game this season. His lack of output is having an impact in the final third - poor free kicks etc.
    Santi won't be back and we should have been looking to replace him for some time.
    Xhaka was ok last night apart from the free kicks. I'd take that for every performance tbh. He sat just ahead of the defenders and didn't venture too far forward very often. It's awhile since I was pleased with him. Let Ozil or Ramsey create the chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

[font=Roboto, sans-serif]we could get anchelloti https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKS5YTEnjFU[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Sky reporting Man U interested in Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

omega man wrote: »

I'd rather he go for free to City than see him playing for United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Quazzie wrote: »

even if the deal included Mikhitarian as is rumoured.?

tbh I think he's flattered to deceive and wouldn't be that impressed

greendom wrote: »
    even if the deal included Mikhitarian as is rumoured.?

tbh I think he's flattered to deceive and wouldn't be that impressed

Don't rate Mikhitarian all that much and he wouldn't work under Wenger at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

omega man wrote: »

Can you imagine Wenger justifying that deal, oh god the meltdown on twitter would be hilarious :o:o:o:o:o

I see the sign for VAR is being reviewed as the 'finger in the ear' might not be clear enough for fans in the ground.

Football is so backwards sometimes, it's like they deliberately haven't used a well known sign for using VAR/TMO/third umpire from sports such as rugby and cricket just to be different.

I still think it's going to be a bit of a waste of time, much like retrospective diving bans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Basil3 wrote: »
    I see the sign for VAR is being reviewed as the 'finger in the ear' might not be clear enough for fans in the ground.

Football is so backwards sometimes, it's like they deliberately haven't used a well known sign for using VAR/TMO/third umpire from sports such as rugby and cricket just to be different.

I still think it's going to be a bit of a waste of time, much like retrospective diving bans.

It'll work better than Financial Fair Play, wherever that went.

• Advertisement

If we're selling Sanchez then he should go to PSG rather than an EPL club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

The funny thing is if we don't sell then either / both could rock up to Manchester in the summer anyway and feck all we could do about it.

Personally I think Mkhitaryan could work, a very Wenger type of player who has found it difficult under Jose's very rigid system but looking back on his Dortmund days he was scoring and assisting for fun. I always got the feeling Utd only bought him so we couldn't.

He'd be more of an Ozil replacement in my mind, don't see how a team could accommodate both.

If we're selling Sanchez then he should go to PSG rather than an EPL club.

That'd be ideal but i really can't see it happening. I'd say it'll be City he winds up at

• Quazzie wrote: »

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    :)

Watch it.

• Watch it.

It's doubt it's happening anyway. It's more than likely the next best juicy bull**** spinner for the papers considering Coutihno, Van Dijk & Barkley are already done.
    Me personally, I'd prefer Ozil.

-_-

Stop trying to rob our players :(

-_-

Stop trying to rob our players :(

I'd take Wiltshire too if he was going

I can facilitate the signing of Jak Wiltshire. I also represent Danni Wallback and Alexei Sanches.

• Advertisement

I can facilitate the signing of Jak Wiltshire. I also represent Danni Wallback and Alexei Sanches.

latest?cb=20140416021517

ha dam autocorrect

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

You'll never fit a whole county on to the pitch.

keano_afc wrote: »
    You'll never fit a whole county on to the pitch.

the bus isnt getting it done we gotta up our game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

what do ye think ? i see a mix of otamendi/thiago silva in this guy :D

pudzey101 wrote: »

6'4" and he can actually jump. Very un-Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Nicely done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Anchelotti could be coming to arsenal!!!

Coquelin gone to Valencia for a measly 12 million.
    In this day and age that's a pittance even for a player of his limitations.
    We let our players go very cheap at Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Coquelin gone to Valencia for a measly 12 million.
    In this day and age that's a pittance even for a player of his limitations.
    We let our players go very cheap at Arsenal.

What's that in euro, €15m or so? Seems cheap, but let's face it, if we replace him with better, then it's a good sale. He's been a drain on our wages, I think we all agree. Now to shift Walcott (Southampton?) and loan Iwobi. Even if we sign nobody else, getting them off the books would be good in my view!!! :D Then we can throw money at Ozil and buy Lemar/Mahrez/Keita and a centre half.

Yeah I know....... None of that will happen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Do know what I've been thinking about this and 10/10 in the past I'd be the same but there is a part of me that thinks **** it let him to United and with any luck the fans will go into melt down with the club and put a stop to ****e once and for all.

Selling him to united isn't as a big a problem as the other issues are in the club. Two top players about to expire, show me any other players of this quality who have gone for free anywhere?

The state of this club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Nothing about ozil.

Id say hes off in the summer, probably already decided his club.

Bayern?

Looking at that video I predict a LOT of penalties being conceded.

He commits everything to the tackle and a quicker better player would get loads of fouls off him

Soups123 wrote: »
    Do know what I've been thinking about this and 10/10 in the past I'd be the same but there is a part of me that thinks **** it let him to United and with any luck the fans will go into melt down with the club and put a stop to ****e once and for all.

Selling him to united isn't as a big a problem as the other issues are in the club. Two top players about to expire, show me any other players of this quality who have gone for free anywhere?

The state of this club
    Agree but Fc*k all happened when we sold our best striker RVP to them.
    This club just don't care what fans think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

https://soundcloud.com/brian-oregan-932825069/bp-zone-episode-11

Hey guys Episode 11 of the BP Zone is live have a listen and let us know what you think :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Sh*t, sorry I got the questions in too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Ornstein on Twitter
    As reported by others, Alexis Sanchez will leave Arsenal this month if suitable offer made + replacement secured. Hierarchy accept/expect it, conversations continue with Man City. #AFC wanted £35m, #MCFC £20m, possible compromise £25-30m. 1st choice replacement Bordeaux’s Malcom https://t.co/lZtS98ocqk

liam7831 wrote: »
    Ornstein on Twitter
    As reported by others, Alexis Sanchez will leave Arsenal this month if suitable offer made + replacement secured. Hierarchy accept/expect it, conversations continue with Man City. #AFC wanted £35m, #MCFC £20m, possible compromise £25-30m. 1st choice replacement Bordeaux’s Malcom https://t.co/lZtS98ocqk

just found this IMG_2294JPG.jpg

get rid of him we cant hold the man hostage :pac: Malcom or Lemar seem like decent replacements:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

^^^^

That's fake from last august's transfer window

get rid of him we cant hold the man hostage :pac: Malcom or Lemar seem like decent replacements:)

Nah, go big... He's already in London

26240410_10156425733170982_7698186388499540032_o.jpg?oh=fddb2ee0169e1ed692840e8266b8005e&oe=5AFBAB6E

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Pipe dream.Unfortunately.I reckon the best we could hope for is Mahrez.

sorry guys was sent that on a group chat :) in funnier news Coquelin has a £71m release clause hahahaha

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/11/valencia-announce-francis-coquelin-71m-release-clause-following-arsenal-transfer-7222361/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

sorry guys was sent that on a group chat :) in funnier news Coquelin has a £71m release clause hahahaha

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/11/valencia-announce-francis-coquelin-71m-release-clause-following-arsenal-transfer-7222361/

Holy Sheeeeet!
    What on earth are they smoking?
    We could have got 30m off them no bother,if thats true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Everton negotiating Theo Walcott - BBC Sport

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭al87987

Think its a rule in Spain they all have to have release clauses in their contract. Might as well make it really high.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭rodders999

This quote from Big Sam has absolutely made my Friday....absolute BANTER.

But he (Allardyce) views Walcott as "proven", citing his "goal scoring threat" and "crossing ability" as key attributes.

:eek:

Crossing ability :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Crossing ability to who? Yer man 10 yards behind the goal? Or the fullbacks ankles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Nothing about ozil.

Id say hes off in the summer, probably already decided his club.

Bayern?

Honestly, I think Özil will stay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Certainly an unusual photo given the long serving rumours....would be a nice surprise

I think he's looking for a call :D

draxler.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement