Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

What's all this stiff about ozil joining man united in January? Have I just fallen into the dark side of twitter?

id say Mourinho would probably do it just to try sicken Wenger and Arsenal. Not sure where he'd fit in that United team unless Mata or Mkhitaryan were shifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

I'd do a swap for Mkhitaryan all day long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

emmetlego wrote: »
    I'd do a swap for Mkhitaryan all day long!

I'd swap for that devil mascot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Little help lads thinking of going to be my 1st game at the emirates either before or after christmas,

What's the best way getting tickets with good seats and travel wise getting from Shannon to the Emirtates never been since the highbury days so not really familiar with the rigmarole

I’d say become a red member to get tickets. Last time I was in London I flew from Knock to Stanstead, got the national express to Stratford station (which is also a tube and train stop) and stayed a 10 minute walk away in a Travelodge. It’s actually fairly close to the Olympic stadium but the Emirates isn’t too far by tube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I tried to get tickets for the spurs game last week but had no chance with red membership, by the time the waiting circle had got anyway near 12 o clock the page refreshed that it was sold out

• Advertisement

The Telegraph: Arsene Wenger can signal end of Arsenal's culture of impunity by dropping Granit Xhaka. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIw75H4sTY

Very true. Xhaka should be dropped and earn his place back. I think our main problem is what are the alternatives? Jack and Rambo midfield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I tried to get tickets for the spurs game last week but had no chance with red membership, by the time the waiting circle had got anyway near 12 o clock the page refreshed that it was sold out

Well obviously most of the big games will be gone before they even get to red. I’m not sure do they hold any back for red members or just let silvers snap them all up if they want them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

L'prof wrote: »
    Well obviously most of the big games will be gone before they even get to red. I’m not sure do they hold any back for red members or just let silvers snap them all up if they want them
    Im sure they hold back a certain amount for red.

Im in London 1st-4th Dec...im hoping I can get a United ticket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

They hold back something like 1500 tickets to each game for red members, to entice the many numbers of them into renewing for the next year. I got upgraded to silver last year after about 8 years as a red member, can't be bothered going to games anymore now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Basil3 wrote: »
    The Telegraph: Arsene Wenger can signal end of Arsenal's culture of impunity by dropping Granit Xhaka. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIw75H4sTY

Very true. Xhaka should be dropped and earn his place back. I think our main problem is what are the alternatives? Jack and Rambo midfield?

Could be a disaster defensively but no worst than our non existent midfield now.

Funny how most fans pointed out the cm as weak before the season started. And of course nothing was done to address it.

• Advertisement

Jack and Rambo doesn’t work. We’ve seen it loads of times before.

How long since Xhaka was the answer to all our problems? :pac:
    He's a brainless no-mark. Have I been proven right yet? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Big game against Everton tomorrow. Need to win, especially with Huddersfield's first league win over Utd since 1952. Also a draw between the spuds and Liverpool would be nice too!

How long since Xhaka was the answer to all our problems? :pac:
    He's a brainless no-mark. Have I been proven right yet? :P

He showed a lot of promise last year, but has gone backwards. But he's not the only one this year either!

Jack and Rambo doesn’t work. We’ve seen it loads of times before.

Have we? I can't really remember any extended period where they've played together in central midfield.

Have we? I can't really remember any extended period where they've played together in central midfield.

Obviously not in the last 3 years, but before that. And it was an unmitigated disaster.

Obviously not in the last 3 years, but before that. And it was an unmitigated disaster.

25 year old Jack Wilshere and 26 year old Aaron Ramsey are very different specimens though.

I always thought the two of them would be the heart of our midfield, and Ramsey would be captain, and Jack VC

Urgh. Booked something to do with the kids today and forgot about the match. Gone are the days when I checked when Arsenal were playing before making arrangements.

Urgh. Booked something to do with the kids today and forgot about the match. Gone are the days when I checked when Arsenal were playing before making arrangements.

Priorities:)

Priorities:)

Praise the lord for sky go ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Thats our best team in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Looking forward to see how Ozil, Lacazette and Sanchez work together. Jack deserves his place on the bench. Hope he gets a few minutes

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

That squad should be performing better. On paper as strong as any team. Whether they show up is another question

Hyzepher wrote: »
    That squad should be performing better. On paper as strong as any team. Whether they show up is another question

I disagree.

I think thats part of the problem.

Average players been hyped up.

Promising start. Should be ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Should have been a penalty really.

Showing some great movement going forward

We are playing nice football.

• Advertisement

Typical. What was Xhaka at there. Too slow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Rooney, had to be didn’t it.

Of ****ing course.

Standard rooney.

Xhaka again. He'll never wake up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

facepalm-animated-gif-10.gif

• Advertisement

Shocking from Xhaka, man was on him and he was too pedestrian. Still see us getting a few goals if we stay positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Standard rooney.

Standard Xhaka too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Gueye didn't touch the ball don't know how tbf that wasn't a foul.

Edit: okay maybe slightly!

Man first.

Of course commentators say no penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Xhakas a horrific footballer but that's just a clear foul

• Advertisement

It was a foul in fairness. Gueye's knee brought down Xhaka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

How is Xhaka still starting? I'd probably prefer Coq at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Not this **** again.

Rambo involved in everything positive going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Rambo involved in everything positive going forward

Özil as well not putting a foot wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Özil as well not putting a foot wrong.

Jinxed him.

Just in, what did I miss? :pac:

Our play has disappeared since the goal. Now pedestrian and hesitant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Just in, what did I miss? :pac:

It could be 2 or 3-0... but it's not

Ref is letting too much go with everton.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement