Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Certainly an unusual photo given the long serving rumours....would be a nice surprise

I think he would suit ye better than us tbh. He’s a snip at 100m Euro.. though his wage demands would be a stumbling block.. he doesn’t have an agent though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,513 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

As much as I want Sanchez gone I really don't want to see him in a United jersey.

Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Honestly, I think Özil will stay

What's he waiting for then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

20 mill offered, take it or leave it. Get rid I say, he’s no interest in playing for us.

• Advertisement

It's in Sanchez best interest to continue on with us for another few months doing nothing...he's gonna get a massive signing on bonus for whoever he goes to for free, could be 15-20 million in today's market.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

As much as I want Sanchez gone I really don't want to see him in a United jersey.

Jesus.

Would hate to see that too. On a personal note though, surely it would kill Wenger to sell Sanchez to Mourinho of all people?

Still think he will end up at City, was basically about to sign for them last August, so if he wants to go there and a deal between Arsenal and City can’t be done this month, then he may as well sit out and sign for a free in June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Sancahez will also have to perform if he stays with us as he has to be in the shop window come summer.
    Bad press and poor performances could ruin his chances of going to a top team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Sancahez will also have to perform if he stays with us as he has to be in the shop window come summer.

Not if he signs a pre contract agreement, can basically scratch his balls for a few months

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Not if he signs a pre contract agreement, can basically scratch his balls for a few months
    That would be very unprofessional though. Can't see that happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Sure look at what Barkley did to Everton, fcuked them over. Some players dont give a ****, he doesnt have to do anything for the next few months, Chile arent going to the world cup so he basically needs to bide his time before signing for a much higher sign-on fee at City

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    20 mill offered, take it or leave it. Get rid I say, he’s no interest in playing for us.

More like we've no interest in matching his ambition.

Yes he’s frustrated us all lately but Christ who do people expect us to replace him with, if we even do!

wonga77 wrote: »
    Sure look at what Barkley did to Everton, fcuked them over. Some players dont give a ****, he doesnt have to do anything for the next few months, Chile arent going to the world cup so he basically needs to bide his time before signing for a much higher sign-on fee at City
    Yes but we don't know what he'll do. He could easily start enjoying his freedom and star in every game.

omega man wrote: »
    More like we've no interest in matching his ambition.

Yes he’s frustrated us all lately but Christ who do people expect us to replace him with, if we even do!

I know, when he’s at his best he’d be hard to replace but this season it’s clear to see he doesn’t give a f*ck. Plus, I think we could do without someone who loses the ball 100 times a game.

He's done it for long enough already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It's in Sanchez best interest to continue on with us for another few months doing nothing...he's gonna get a massive signing on bonus for whoever he goes to for free, could be 15-20 million in today's market.

If he leaves now tho, sure he might miss out on some money, but he'd be an instant league winner and maybe even a Champions league winner. Is a few million more worth missing out on that?

If he doesn't leave now, I'd happily stick him in the reserves and let him rot because his attitude stinks and he's coasting in games all season and has no interest in helping the team out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Quazzie wrote: »
    If he leaves now tho, sure he might miss out on some money, but he'd be an instant league winner and maybe even a Champions league winner. Is a few million more worth missing out on that?

If he doesn't leave now, I'd happily stick him in the reserves and let him rot because his attitude stinks and he's coasting in games all season and has no interest in helping the team out.

Stick him in the reserves, really? Yeah and let’s play Walcott, Iwobi and Welbeck etc even more.

Seriously it’s not like we’ve anyone stepping up this season with the exception of Jack maybe.

The Sanchez bashing baffles me.

omega man wrote: »
    Stick him in the reserves, really? Yeah and let’s play Walcott, Iwobi and Welbeck etc even more.

Seriously it’s not like we’ve anyone stepping up this season with the exception of Jack maybe.

The Sanchez bashing baffles me.

He's not an Arsenal player anymore, and while we don't have anyone really pushing through that demands a place, Sanchez has offered little to nothing tis season, so why are we tolerating him. Let him run down his contract in the reserves and concentrate on life after him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/podcast/bp-zone-arsenal-podcast/id1334453540

Delighted to say me and Jamie's podcast got accepted to Itunes and is currently waiting on confirmation from Stitcher aswell , So it can now be found apps like Podcast Addict and stuff if you type in Bp Zone Arsenal happy out with that hopefully more listeners will now find us , just wanted to say thanks to everyone who's sent in questions and submitted feedback so far and I will continue to post here for the now weekley show :) bring on Bournemouth on Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

The way he's acted since the summer has been unprofessional, bar the couple of matches he played well in nearer the January window, so wouldn't expect that to change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Possibly, but I sincerely doubt it. He won't cost them a penny after all - there'll be no shortage of suitors no matter how he does.

I for one hope he ****s off and get that Malcom fella in , the 20 million is better in Arsenals pocket than Sanzchez's

I for one hope he ****s off and get that Malcom fella in , the 20 million is better in Arsenals pocket than Sanzchez's

In stans pocket more like.

I couldn't give two ****s if arsenal get 20 million in their pockets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Some fans on here bashing Sanchez are ****ing dummies. Our best player for the last how many seasons, always gives his all and wears his heart on his sleeve, and there happy to see him go so Arsenal shareholders can further fill there already fat wallets. Sanchez has a pain in his hole at Arsenal and who can blame him. Were a absolute joke of a club with Basil Fawlty in charge. Hes right to leg it just like Henry, Vieira, Fabregas, Van Persie etc all were. They knew the Arsenal ship was only going one way and it wasnt up.

Why do some fans give a **** if we get a measly 20 million? Its not as if its going into our pockets.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Some fans on here bashing Sanchez are ****ing dummies. Our best player for the last how many seasons, always gives his all and wears his heart on his sleeve, and there happy to see him go so Arsenal shareholders can further fill there already fat wallets.

Why do some fans give a **** if we get a measly 20 million? Its not as if its going into our pockets.

You can look through my entire post history. I've never rated him as high as others have. Sure he has some really great games, and he can score some good goals, but for the most part he gives the ball away far too often and costs the team more than he gives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Quazzie wrote: »
    You can look through my entire post history. I've never rated him as high as others have. Sure he has some really great games, and he can score some good goals, but for the most part he gives the ball away far too often and costs the team more than he gives.

80 goals and 46 assists in 160 appearances. For that return he can give the ball away as much as he wants. I honestly dont know how anybody can rate Sanchez other than world class. We are ****ed without his energy in the team. Hes vetter off leaving as hes a winner.

Some fans on here bashing Sanchez are ****ing dummies. Our best player for the last how many seasons, always gives his all and wears his heart on his sleeve, and there happy to see him go so Arsenal shareholders can further fill there already fat wallets. Sanchez has a pain in his hole at Arsenal and who can blame him. Were a absolute joke of a club with Basil Fawlty in charge. Hes right to leg it just like Henry, Vieira, Fabregas, Van Persie etc all were. They knew the Arsenal ship was only going one way and it wasnt up.

The money is only a part of it, hopefully we put the 20 mill towards a new player. I want him gone cos he’s treating us like mugs, ‘I’m too good for you’.

Fair enough so, f*ck off if that’s what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Completely agree, if I was him I'd be out of there, it's not his lack of loyalty it's the clubs lack of ambition that created this

The money is only a part of it, hopefully we put the 20 mill towards a new player. I want him gone cos he’s treating us like mugs, ‘I’m too good for you’.

He is too good for this current Arsenal, he as an individual has more ambition than our club as a whole.

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    He is too good for this current Arsenal, he as an individual has more ambition than our club as a whole.

I agree that he WAS too good for our current team. Not this season though with his attitude. I was raging that he might be leaving in the summer, now I’m not arsed. That could also be to do with my current disillusionment with this team of course.

It's not only him :rolleyes:
    Hes vetter off leaving as hes a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Soups123 wrote: »

Yeah sadly this appears to be the case. Arsenal didn’t do enough in the summer (yet again :rolleyes:) recruitment wise. Bought two players in, one a free transfer and made a net profit in the market. Disgraceful carry on.
    Leaving cash in the bank the last few years has ****ed the club up for the future, player wise and financially. The inflation in the transfer market has seen to this. All that cash stockpiled over the years and is now worth significantly less than a few years ago.

I agree that he WAS too good for our current team. Not this season though with his attitude. I was raging that he might be leaving in the summer, now I’m not arsed. That could also be to do with my current disillusionment with this team of course.

As a fan think about how disillusioned you feel, now think about how it feels to be a WC player in the middle of all that, playing for a club not trying to compete?

Sanchez has tried this year but I can imagine there have been so many distractions, he was treated like **** last window sold and pulled back at the last minute

The guy is the best player we have had since Fabregas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

The one player that has being missed badly is Santi, when he was in the team the whole time moved forward and not sideways as they are playing now and when cog played with him he was a good player and knew his role in the team and they were good to watch as Santi was dictating how the team played and every body knew their role, with Ramsey, Walcott, xaka, etc in the team they are all doing their own thing.

Don't think people realise how hard its going to be to replace Sanchezs goals.

The two top teams in the league are chasing him and some think hes not good enough for arsenal who are 6th???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

some think hes not good enough for arsenal who are 6th???

Sanchez in current form for us is not world class, he has given up, so no point in keeping him if he's going to be the new 'le sulk'!

I more mean I just want him gone now not because he hasn't been fantastic for us , he has , its just we know he's going , its a fact more or less, so lets just get it over with now instead of having it plastered all over Sky for the next 3 weeks and possibly undermining the rest of our season if he stays

emmetlego wrote: »
    Sanchez in current form for us is not world class, he has given up, so no point in keeping him if he's going to be the new 'le sulk'!

But whos fault is it he wants to leave?

But whos fault is it he wants to leave?

Wenger, but that's not changing anytime soon so it's not even worth discussing

emmetlego wrote: »

Put yourself in his shoes, summer 17 his club who claim to yet again want to compete don't initiate the 'catalyst for change', they agree to sell you to the team on route to a double/treble/quad and at the last minute call off your deal.

How motivated would you be, he's not been ****e this year his form has dropped but it's still better than most in the squad.

Sanchez is just an easy target and a great deflection for Wenger and the board

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Wish I could put myself in his multi millionaire sports star shoes, but alas that ship has sailed.

I know why he wants to leave and the reason is the club is in sh1te. Because of Wenger and the board. It still doesn't make me want to keep him. Fact is, he's leaving and hasn't wanted to play for us for a while now, so let him off.

Arsenal doesn't depend on one player. We won't sink because he leaves. What's hugely important is that we replace with a player of real quality to fill the position, instead of bringing Joel Campbell back or playing Danny there!

Anyone defending Sanchez musnt have watched a single Arsenal game since august because he's been utter poison for us.

Funny how before the season started a lot of people here and elsewhere would have lost it if Sanchez had been sold. Wheras now turning down 60 million for him at the time looks like one of the worst business decisions the club has made in years.

Arghus wrote: »
    Funny how before the season started a lot of people here and elsewhere would have lost it if Sanchez had been sold. Wheras now turning down 60 million for him at the time looks like one of the worst business decisions the club has made in years.

Gotta keep lowering those expectations. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Anyone defending Sanchez musnt have watched a single Arsenal game since august because he's been utter poison for us.

Starting to remind me of Anelka, fantastic on form on the pitch but poison both off form and in the dressing room.

How's it funny? Different expectations at the start of the season...he could have signed a contract, it's clear now he isn't. We could have had a good season, it's clear now it's a car crash and Sanchez is in the passenger seat.

How's it funny? Different expectations at the start of the season...he could have signed a contract, it's clear now he isn't. We could have had a good season, it's clear now it's a car crash and Sanchez is in the passenger seat.

Not that I'm mystic Meg or anything but I honestly had this gut feeling all along he was going to phone it in for Arsenal until January; Sanchez's lack of interest has been the most unsurprising element of the season so far.

Once the move to City fell through it was in his own interest to play in a half-hearted manner so Arsenal would be compelled to sell him on in January. But there were a lot of people who didn't want to hear such talk: selling Sanchez was the death knell of the club etc,etc, make him see out his contract etc, etc.

I think the moral of the story is when someone offers you above the odds for a player of yours prone to petulance, who's entering the final year of his contract and who clearly wants a move - then take the money.

Not that I'm mystic Meg or anything but I honestly had this gut feeling all along he was going to phone it in for Arsenal until January; Sanchez's lack of interest has been the most unsurprising element of the season so far.

Once the move to City fell through it was in his own interest to play in a half-hearted manner so Arsenal would be compelled to sell him on in January. But there were a lot of people who didn't want to hear such talk: selling Sanchez was the death knell of the club etc,etc, make him see out his contract etc, etc.

I think the moral of the story is when someone offers you above the odds for a player of yours prone to petulance, who's entering the final year of his contract and who clearly wants a move - then take the money.

I had the same feeling myself BUT im irrational when it comes to Arsenal, I thought he'd try and there was a slim chance he'd sign the contract IF we did well or if Wenger showed some kind of improvement or ambition. I should have known better tbh.

Ill hold my hand up here. I thought he would be professional and give the same effort he has given throughout. He has been shocking tbh. Just shows that no player is above downing tools.

I had the same feeling myself BUT im irrational when it comes to Arsenal, I thought he'd try and there was a slim chance he'd sign the contract IF we did well or if Wenger showed some kind of improvement or ambition. I should have known better tbh.

To be fair we cursed RvP into the ground when he gave his reasons for leaving, but looking back now he was dead right.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement