Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

No Sanchez, no points. Well summed up commentator.

Its all a load of bollocks isn't it lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Cant ever recall been so dejected as an Arsenal fan. Disgusted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Looking forward now to Wengers press conference.

We were a bit tired.
    Were missing our best players.
    The schedule.
    The pitch.
    The referee.
    The moon-phase.
    The day of the week...bla bla bla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Lacazette & Wilshere aside, the rest need replacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

No Sanchez, no points. Well summed up commentator.
    haha yup

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

SlickRic wrote: »
    No.

It is his decision. He thinks he's a genius of a manager. He thinks nobody could do better. And he thinks you're stupid if you believe otherwise.

He has also built a structure around himself where he is answerable to nobody.

He's staying as long as he wants.

That's it completely. Only one thing can really change it and that's fan power. Problem is he has too many brainwashed, the same hardcore who'll ask you who's available and who can do s better job.

Wenger is past it but as long as we have the volume of soft fans we do nothing will change.

Mid-table team now.
    I was hoping for sixth but maybe i'm a bit optimistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'd love to hear from the usuals on here who continuously back Wenger. Are ye still big fans?

Be interesting if any of the pundits bring up that Wenger should be booted out of the club.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

SlickRic wrote: »
    He probably doesn't even know there's a game today.
    He probably doesn't know Arsenal play sawker.

• Advertisement

Change the manager then assess the group no player should be counted out with such a **** coach leading them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Come on Arsenal call that press conference and announce that Arsene is going on gardening leave.

Quazzie wrote: »
    I'd love to hear from the usuals on here who continuously back Wenger. Are ye still big fans?

Be interesting if any of the pundits bring up that Wenger should be booted out of the club.

They want say the back him they'll tell you the agree with you but still challenge every negative comment you make about him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Looking forward now to Wengers press conference.

We were a bit tired.
    Were missing our best players.
    The schedule.
    The pitch.
    The referee.
    The moon-phase.
    The day of the week...bla bla bla

Can I add the distraction of the Sanchez scenario to your list?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Wait until Sanchez is sold and we don’t replace him. Emirates will be toxic.

2 wins in the last 9 league games, knocked out of the cup by Nottingham Forest. 3 away wins from 12 matches in the league.

****ing hell.

Catalyst for change so he is

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Cant ever recall been so dejected as an Arsenal fan. Disgusted.

Kinda happening every week or two for me lately. Getting so hard to care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

You can't win em all

Soups123 wrote: »
    Change the manager then assess the group no player should be counted out with such a **** coach leading them

I'd count out an awful lot of them even if you were in charge Soups

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Come on Arsenal call that press conference and announce that Arsene is going on gardening leave.
    Yeah right. That’s just wishful thinking.

As somebody said above, never been so dejected as an Arsenal fan. Very disappointed and very depressed.

It would be a very Arsenal thing to let Sanchez and Walcott go, but bring in Lemar and some other class act and rescue 4th spot! (He said dreaming!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

That young fella Niles looks like a decent player as well in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Kinda happening every week or two for me lately. Getting so hard to care.

Thing is Bournemouth were absolutely dreadful today. We have zero creativity in the team without Ozil and Sanchez. Feel for Laccazette he was nearly playing in midfield because he had to keep dropping deep because he was getting no service whatsoever.

omega man wrote: »
    Wait until Sanchez is sold and we don’t replace him. Emirates will be toxic.

Can't see it to be honest. The majority who go to the matches will still go, and it'll always be a sell out due to season tickets. The club don't care, and apart from a few nutters on ArsenalTV the fans don't care either.

Both Sanchez and Ozil will leave if they have any sense.
    This club is dropping down big-time.
    Mid to lower end table for Arsenal under Magoo.

The people that continue to go to the emirates and support wenger are to blame too. poison they are

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    That young fella Niles looks like a decent player as well in fairness.

Did you watch the game today. Defensively he is terrible. A couple of glimpses of being decent going forward, but just glimpses

The people that continue to go to the emirates and support wenger are to blame too. poison they are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well another week and another shameful display. If Arsene loves the club like he claims he does he must resign. I fear he loves the fat pay packet and not a lot else at this stage because the on field performances suggest no one gives a toss anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Did you watch the game today. Defensively he is terrible. A couple of glimpses of being decent going forward, but just glimpses

No not all of the game buy have seen a bit of arsenal lately and I thought he looked decent.

Xhaka throwing up his arms after the 2nd goal goes in?! The scorer just ran off you, you ****ing twat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Most of them are cowards.

Every time one of them says the club is underachieving or playing badly, it's ALWAYS with the caveat of "but what he's done for the club is incredible" or "he's one of the best managers ever in the Premier League".

Just call it as it is. He's finished at the top level. And has been for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

We're a worst team now 25 years after Wenger took over. Sure our finances look great but by god we're a laughable club. When you think it can't get any more embarrassing...it always does.

I just don't care until Wenger leaves.

Last year, Jack was at Bournemouth and very few of us gave a flying fúck because we all felt it was about his level.

Fast forward a year, he is our best player. Shows how far we dropped and the rate we're dropping

gandalf wrote: »
    Well another week and another shameful display. If Arsene loves the club like he claims he does he must resign. I fear he loves the fat pay packet and not a lot else at this stage because the on field performances suggest no one gives a toss anymore.

Yep it's all about the money with Wenger. He is fooling people with his bullsh1t about loving the club. He loves the dosh.

I love when this line comes out. It's almost as if you take delight in goading your fellow arsenal fans.

Last year, Jack was at Bournemouth and very few of us gave a flying fúck because we all felt it was about his level.

Fast forward a year, he is our best player. Shows how far we dropped and the rate we're dropping

5? Years ago Ramsey was our best player, now he would be one of our average to slightly better players. Shows how much we've improved.

Am I doing the logic right?

Basil3 wrote: »
    I love when this line comes out. It's almost as if you take delight in goading your fellow arsenal fans.

I enjoy showing up the Wengerites as the idiots they are.

We are certainly out of every domestic competition early this season.
    The Euro is next because we will be out of it soon after this. Club in reverse.

5? Years ago Ramsey was our best player, now he would be one of our average to slightly better players. Shows how much we've improved.

Ramsey has deteriorated at this club. That should even be obvious enough for you to see.

Are you saying you think Jack is a better player this year than he was last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

We are certainly out of every domestic competition early this season.
    The Euro is next because we will be out of it soon after this. Club in reverse.

Naw we're still in the Worthless Cup until the Chelsea 2nd leg in a week and a half. If they brought someone like Ancelotti in we could do well in the Euro cup.

• Advertisement

I enjoy showing up the Wengerites as the idiots they are.

Calling people names like Wengerites is sad.

Calling people names like Wengerites is sad.

Interesting that in that statement that included both Wengerite and idiot, you found Wengerite the most insulting. :P

I think it’s very disingenuous of anyone to say that Jack hasn’t improved much, yes the team has gone backwards, but Jack has been excellent

I think it’s very disingenuous of anyone to say that Jack hasn’t improved much, yes the team has gone backwards, but Jack has been excellent

Ramsey has deteriorated at this club. That should even be obvious enough for you to see.

Are you saying you think Jack is a better player this year than he was last year?

I watched Bournemouth several times last season, mainly to watch Jack, and he was average. He looked sluggish and constantly did his old tricks like running into contact or turning blind into a tackle.

He's a good player that is currently in a bit of a purple patch. That's all.

Basil what's your genuine thoughts on how the club is? You won't say you want Arsene to stay but always respond to anyone criticising as if it's aimed at you!

Take the money out and genuinely do you not think the club is a mess and drastically under achieving? Do you not think the manager is a finished?

I'm not having a pop I see you as one who isn't as disappointed or demanding of change as most others.

Would like to understand were your coming from?

ps my thought is your challenge of others here is your way of letting out frustration!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I watched Bournemouth several times last season, mainly to watch Jack, and he was average. He looked sluggish and constantly did his old tricks like running into contact or turning blind into a tackle.

I think he's playing the best football of his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Think that's a bit harsh on Jack, he's not average but sad thing is you can't move in that dressing room without bumping into average players and coaches

greendom wrote: »
    I think he's playing the best football of his career.

Nah he's not, he's lost the little burst of pace to take him away from players that he used to have years ago. He needs a lot of game time for him to adjust to that and change his game, you could see he hadn't quite figured it out last year at Bournemouth.

Best consistant level in a few years mind.

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    Basil what's your genuine thoughts on how the club is? You won't say you want Arsene to stay but always respond to anyone criticising as if it's aimed at you!

Take the money out and genuinely do you not think the club is a mess and drastically under achieving? Do you not think the manager is a finished?

I'm not having a pop I see you as one who isn't as disappointed or demanding of change as most others.

Would like to understand were your coming from?

ps my thought is your challenge of others here is your way of letting out frustration!

Arne same questions to yourself?

My ps for you is that football not your first sport? Random guess :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement