Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

Nah he's not, he's lost the little burst of pace to take him away from players that he used to have years ago. He needs a lot of game time for him to adjust to that and change his game, you could see he hadn't quite figured it out last year at Bournemouth.

Best consistant level in a few years mind.

But he's added a bit of physicality and toughness to his game which were badly needed. Seems to be a much maturer man too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Soups123 wrote: »
    Arne same questions to yourself?

My ps for you is that football not your first sport? Random guess :)

The club is an absolute mess from top to bottom. I think Wenger should go, should have gone before and will definitely not be in charge by the start of next year.

But that won't fix the problem, as long as Stan is in charge the club won't get back to where we all want it to be. If the club never won the title again Stan wouldn't bat an eyelid.

And as for you guess, you're wrong, so no surprise there then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

The club is an absolute mess from top to bottom. I think Wenger should go, should have gone before and will definitely not be in charge by the start of next year.

But that won't fix the problem, as long as Stan is in charge the club won't get back to where we all want it to be. If the club never won the title again Stan wouldn't bat an eyelid.

And as for you guess, you're wrong, so no surprise there then :P

It was a random guess! I'd given Basel a ps and didn't want you feeling left out.

Oxlade-Chamberlain, useless. :pac:

Ox just scored a cracker to put Pool 1 up against City

• Advertisement

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Think that's a bit harsh on Jack, he's not average but sad thing is you can't move in that dressing room without bumping into average players and coaches

I meant he was average in the matches I watched him play last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Any sign of the post match interviews? I'm fascinated about today's excuses tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I really want Liverpool to win this. As bad as this season is, and is probably going to be, I don't want anyone else joining the invincibles club

Any sign of the post match interviews? I'm fascinated about today's excuses tbh.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, speaking to BBC Sport: "We were 1-0 up and suddenly we lost two goals and we don't know where they came from. It is very frustrating. Overall we have to look at it in a very objective and harsh way we made mistakes we should not have made.

"The team that fights against relegation will fight and you cannot afford any concentration mistake.

Did the change to four at the back affect Arsenal? "Maybe a little bit but 1-1 was not good enough for us. We had to win the game. I think if you look again at the second goal we made many mistakes and that is what we paid for."

On Alexis Sanchez: "Half in half out, you never know this kind of situation during the transfer period. Anything can happen at any moment. That is why I decided to focus on the game."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

emmetlego wrote: »
    I think it’s very disingenuous of anyone to say that Jack hasn’t improved much, yes the team has gone backwards, but Jack has been excellent

Backwards. I would say we are in real danger of a slide. Getting worse by the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Backwards. I would say we are in real danger of a slide. Getting worse by the month.

Every other clubs board in the league would have taken action by now. It shows how craven and spineless the Arsenal board are at this juncture in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Quazzie wrote: »
    I really want Liverpool to win this. As bad as this season is, and is probably going to be, I don't want anyone else joining the invincibles club

In that goal, Ox has done more for Arsenal than he ever did wearing an Arsenal jersey!

Also @Mr. Micro I don't disagree with that at all, but that wasn't my point. My point was that Jack has improved not that the whole team had gone so backward and that was because Jack was looking so good!

Basil what's your genuine thoughts on how the club is? You won't say you want Arsene to stay but always respond to anyone criticising as if it's aimed at you!

Take the money out and genuinely do you not think the club is a mess and drastically under achieving? Do you not think the manager is a finished?

I'm not having a pop I see you as one who isn't as disappointed or demanding of change as most others.

Would like to understand were your coming from?

ps my thought is your challenge of others here is your way of letting out frustration!

You're probably right there :D

Who wouldn't think we're a mess? I wouldn't even know where to start.

To answer your questions, yes.... Of course we're underachieving. We are playing dire football. We actually played better football with the likes of Bendtner, Gervinho, Santos etc in the team.

Wenger is done, but I still don't think we should just sack him and bring in whoever. I would have liked to have seen him have one more decent stab at a league title, but there's no hope with the way we are in the market. We pay over the odds for average players, and nobody wants our players so we sell for a pittance.

It's all very depressing at the moment, because there's very little to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Ox is looking good i must say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Ox is looking good i must say

Better than I remember him playing for us. Just shows what good coaching can do for a player!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

gandalf wrote: »
    Every other clubs board in the league would have taken action by now. It shows how craven and spineless the Arsenal board are at this juncture in time.

Absolutely right. All that stuff last year about Wenger deciding his future at the club. If anything as bad as things were, it has got worse. Where has the ambition gone. If it's not a the top then it certainly will not be in the team.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Wenger is done, but I still don't think we should just sack him and bring in whoever. I would have liked to have seen him have one more decent stab at a league title, but there's no hope with the way we are in the market

On this bit do you not think we should just go step one get him out? Then go from there it's not going to impact the season much as other than Europa League it's all done.

He said himself the other day he'll be here next year definitely, the cockiness of it in the midst of the mess we are in! He will have to be forced out by the emirates becoming completely toxic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

You're probably right there :D

Who wouldn't think we're a mess? I wouldn't even know where to start.

To answer your questions, yes.... Of course we're underachieving. We are playing dire football. We actually played better football with the likes of Bendtner, Gervinho, Santos etc in the team.

Wenger is done, but I still don't think we should just sack him and bring in whoever. I would have liked to have seen him have one more decent stab at a league title, but there's no hope with the way we are in the market. We pay over the odds for average players, and nobody wants our players so we sell for a pittance.

It's all very depressing at the moment, because there's very little to look forward to.
    No. No way should he be given yet another chance. He's burned all his bridges. He is not up to the task for many a year.
    A decent club would have seen through his bullsh1t years ago and would have sacked him. He deserves to be sacked.

On this bit do you not think we should just go step one get him out? Then go from there it's not going to impact the season much as other than Europa League it's all done.

He said himself the other day he'll be here next year definitely, the cockiness of it in the midst of the mess we are in! He will have to be forced out by the emirates becoming completely toxic.

Well I'm thinking more from the club's perspective. I don't think they would just sack him, so it's pointless hoping it would happen. Best case scenario is that they have someone else ear-marked to take over, and they could bring them in earlier. I'd have to question whether they have someone lined up, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Well I'm thinking more from the club's perspective. I don't think they would just sack him, so it's pointless hoping it would happen. Best case scenario is that they have someone else ear-marked to take over, and they could bring them in earlier. I'd have to question whether they have someone lined up, though.

I doubt they have anyone in mind. A big part of the reason he is still manager is cause Id say the board wouldn't have the first clue about how to function without him. The power he has developed at the club is unhealthy

wonga77 wrote: »
    I doubt they have anyone in mind. A big part of the reason he is still manager is cause Id say the board wouldn't have the first clue about how to function without him. The power he has developed at the club is unhealthy

Spot on.

So, best case scenario we go all out and the planets align, and we get Simeone to come in. You want him to come in and work alongside Wenger for a while?

It's clear this season they are changing the structure for him going so you would hope there is a priority list. The thing is taking 2 years to prepare for that is mad, it's not like we are competing at the top and we need to stay there.

I'd 1000% take him out even without a plan at this point. That said Stan is a ******* no interest in Arsenal what so ever, doesn't support football never mind Arsenal how the board let him in is a disgrace.

Quazzie wrote: »
    So, best case scenario we go all out and the planets align, and we get Simeone to come in. You want him to come in and work alongside Wenger for a while?

Why would I?

Best case scenario is that Wenger finishes up this season and we bring in a decent manager.

Seeing as that probably won't happen, the best we can really hope for is that the team plays at a level they're capable of, and we're not complete numpties in the transfer market.

Depressing.

Crazy watching Liverpool bang in these goals. They have multiple goal scoring threats.....we don't seem to have anyone at the moment.

At least the invincibles record should be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

city playing like arsenal!

Crazy watching Liverpool bang in these goals. They have multiple goal scoring threats.....we don't seem to have anyone at the moment.

Ha I was going to say the same but afraid id jinx it! Ox has been excellent tonight too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Couldn't happen at worse time tbh, now Wenger will use it as deflection for losing to Bournemouth and selling Sanchez. I can see it now, him banging on about how difficult it is to be invincible etc. That was 15 years ago Arsene, those players are all long gone.

• Advertisement

wonga77 wrote: »
    Ha I was going to say the same but afraid id jinx it! Ox has been excellent tonight too

4-1....I'd say it's safe now

City being blitzed here. Thank fook the invincibles live on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

city playing like arsenal!

And Liverpool plating like arsenal used to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Watching the ox chase down every ball in midfield, running back to defend and supporting the attack really does my head in. Under Wenger he was fücking useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

And Liverpool plating like arsenal used to.

We never destroyed the big clubs score wise. Pool have a habit of these results at home for some reason.

Delighted city finally lost but pool fans will be insufferable!

Watching the ox chase down every ball in midfield, running back to defend and supporting the attack really does my head in. Under Wenger he was fücking useless.

He's being played in the position he wants to play.

• Advertisement

His team have a direction, a purpose, play as a team. They are far from perfect in any sense, but it highlights everything we don't have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Go on The Pool! Fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

City losing that unbeaten record will probably make today the highlight of Arsenal's season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Oh ffs pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Unbeaten record ruined and the gleam taken off the pool win. Not a bad result in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

On a depressing day a bit of comfort in Man City losing and the invincibles legacy living on. Looks like memories of bygone days are all we have as sadly this team and manager are going nowhere.

Balague linking Arsenal with a move for Aubameyang, i thought he was done and dusted to China?

Balague linking Arsenal with a move for Aubameyang, i thought he was done and dusted to China?

Honestly who would want to come to arsenal at the moment.

Sinking ship.

With City being beaten today, that is my interest in this season literally at an end. Couldn't care less what happens to Arsenal until Wenger goes.

Has that guy ever been right about anything?

One thing is sure, we need some reinforcements.

I want to love Welbz, but if he can't influence a game against Bournemouth, he needs to be replaced.

We gave away two soft enough goals today, but their spirit should have been broken by half time, they're really not great.

(I know it counts for nothing, but we were missing half our first team. Not good enough, I know, but worth mentioning anyway).

Honestly who would want to come to arsenal ar the moment.

Sinking ship.

Most players don't care if it's a sinking ship. They care about the dollars, nothing else at all.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Most players don't care if it's a sinking ship. They care about the dollars, nothing else at all.

Ox didnt,

Not us so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Very Dissapointing again today Sort of expected it. We just look so patched together at the moment , There is a total rebuild needed

Holding, Chambers, Iwobi are all too young and should be loaned out none of the 3 are good enough for a consistent place in the team

Welbeck was a panic buy who United couldn't wait to get rid of , nowhere near good enough

Xhaka not a DM but asking to do a DM job so obviously he's not good at it

Cech was finished at Chelsea thats why they sold him to us , him or Ospina are at number 2 level , we badly need a new goalkeeper

Anyway........not much more can be said that hasn't been said already about the manager

for now Tie Jack and Ozil down and try and get in a player or 2 before this window closes

Has that guy ever been right about anything?

Nah, not to my knowledge.

There were rumours doing the rounds this morning that Sanchez would be replaced by a big name, not a young promising up and coming player. And that Malcom would be signed aswell.

I'm guessing Auba is the rumoured player, even if i can't see both being signed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement