Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

keano_afc wrote: »
    Not until we swap out our manager.
    We could sign the next World Cup winning 11 and Wenger would make a balls of them.

We could sign the next World Cup winning 11 and Wenger would make a balls of them.

But as Arne often suggests and as Danny Murphy and Alan Shearer rightly pointed out last night, they are a spineless disgrace at board level.

The man can literally dictate the terms of his own contract. They are a business masquerading (very badly i might add) as a football club as opposed to a football club that happens to be a business.

2013, Gazidis either fed us unbelievable lies or has been made look a fool himself.
    http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8762388/transfer-news-arsenal-could-afford-wayne-rooney-chief-executive-ivan-gazidis-says

Last Summer, Gazidis suggested that Arsene has to be a catalyst for change if he remains as manager.

Reading between the lines, Gazidis is either throwing everyone else under a bus as a means of self preservation or he is genuinely telling Wenger to shape up or ship out. Id like to think its the latter but sadly its probably the former.

Think back to David Dein and how fearless he was at making hard decisions and then compare him to this absolute shít show.

When you are referring to trophies, Are you referring to only the PL ?

United have won trophies nearly every season.

Major trophies that matter like the league and champions league. The only two that matter. City will win one and go hard on the other.
    Sure Arsenal arguably won more of importance then United since Fergie stepped down and the FA cup isn't even a big deal any more.

United won a cup in 16 and the dog and duck double from last season (which hard to admit are the only things Arsenal have left to play for this season).

For a club spending money hand over fist they should be at least breathing down City's neck instead of eating their dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I think I will be physically sick if Sanchez signs for Utd. Didn’t think I’d have to go through the RVP situation ever again.

I think I will be physically sick if Sanchez signs for Utd. Didn’t think I’d have to go through the RVP situation ever again.

With Liars'R'us FC and their new found 'Financial firepower' anything is possible. Joke of a club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

To be honest Sanchez to Man U doesn't overly upset me. I was more upset about RVP. Sanchez will just be another ego at a club with egotistical players and and egotistical manager. It'll end in tears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I imagine the club shop is really pushing for the transfers of Mkhitaryan and Aubemeyang

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

To be honest Sanchez to Man U doesn't overly upset me. I was more upset about RVP. Sanchez will just be another ego at a club with egotistical players and and egotistical manager. It'll end in tears.

Our best player i maybe the last 10 years signing for our fiercest rivals Man Utd with Jose Mourinho in charge of them and it wouldnt overly upset you? My god I really really hope theres not many Arsenal fans like you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

greendom wrote: »
    I imagine the club shop is really pushing for the transfers of Mkhitaryan and Aubemeyang

Heard were trying to entice Jan Venegoor of Hesselink out of retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Mhkitaryan and Aubameyang were brilliant foils for each other at Dortmund. They taught us a few lessons when Klopp was in charge.

• Advertisement

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Our best player i maybe the last 10 years signing for our fiercest rivals Man Utd with Jose Mourinho in charge of them and it wouldnt overly upset you? My god I really really hope theres not many Arsenal fans like you.

I've been a season ticket holder for 40 years of my 46 supporting Arsenal....a club steward for 12 of those. Sanchez is a great player but not a club player, it's all about the money for him like so many others. There have been many better TRUE arsenal players in those years than him. The mere fact he's looking at Man Utd over a reunion with Pep speaks volumes.

I've been expecting him to move for ages such is his body language, RVP move was a killer.

Now that city have supposedly officially ended all interest in Sanchez, that leaves united as his (and our) only option.

Pretty amazing more aren't in for him, but I guess there's valid reasons why he couldn't go to Chelsea (too old) or Liverpool (wages)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Major trophies that matter like the league and champions league. The only two that matter. City will win one and go hard on the other.
    Sure Arsenal arguably won more of importance then United since Fergie stepped down and the FA cup isn't even a big deal any more.

United won a cup in 16 and the dog and duck double from last season (which hard to admit are the only things Arsenal have left to play for this season).

For a club spending money hand over fist they should be at least breathing down City's neck instead of eating their dust.

Ye'd do well to win the dog and duck double this season. The top 4 trophy is even in jeopardy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

The FA cup is more important than the Europa league and guaranteed champions league qualification?

Ahhh bejaysus.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Now that city have supposedly officially ended all interest in Sanchez, that leaves united as his (and our) only option.

Pretty amazing more aren't in for him, but I guess there's valid reasons why he couldn't go to Chelsea (too old) or Liverpool (wages)
    The wage demands are too high and would be the highest at City apparently.
    Be interesting if United don't agree terms with him too.
    Where would that leave him?

Go back to your own threads lads. We're miserable enough in here without assistance!

At risk of annoying those who think the sun shines out of his a**. Yeh hes a great player but hes looking for €350k a week. For that I want a player who'll give his life and soul to the club on top of brilliance. An Arsenal man. Not some ego head who sulks when it doesnt go his way....Anelka style. Did you ever see Wright or Henry behave like that.

The wage demands are too high and would be the highest at City apparently.
    Be interesting if United don't agree terms with him too.
    Where would that leave him?

In our reserves. Rotting on the bench. Wherever. I don't want to see him in our jersey again either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Do PSG not want him? That'd be the best.

We must also remember some of the stats he produced this season. Gave the ball away 37 times against ManU and that was a record for the premier league, and only topped the 2nd worst stat in the premier league, him again giving the ball away 36 times against somebody else. He's a poison in the club now and must be moved on, or in the reserves.

• Advertisement

emmetlego wrote: »
    In our reserves. Rotting on the bench. Wherever. I don't want to see him in our jersey again either way.
    Makes me wonder how cheapskates like us got him in the first place.

Makes me wonder how cheapskates like us got him in the first place.

He wasn't as good a player before he came, but he improved at our club, which is rather unique these days! His value, as a result, has gone up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Go back to your own threads lads. We're miserable enough in here without assistance!

Here, here - there playing nice here but on their own thread there having a great laugh at our expense.

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/953011408215691264

Sorry to paste link, laptop playing up - Ornstein published City statement saying they have pulled out and saying Chelsea rivalling Man U for signature

He wasn't as good a player before he came, but he improved at our club, which is rather unique these days! His value, as a result, has gone up!

Ah heeeoor.

The FA cup is more important than the Europa league and guaranteed champions league qualification?

Ahhh bejaysus.

The champions league qualification aspect is important but the competition itself has lost all its prestige. Full of second rate teams (ourselves included)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I just hope he goes some where now at this stage don't ever want to see him in the jersey again a rat

Ah heeeoor.
    He was with a far superior team, but he was less effective. Maybe it was just big pond-small fish syndrome? He definitely improved at our club. All the reports you hear from those in the club for the last 18 months or so are that he has not been a team player. That he is disruptive. That he is petulant... ManU are welcome to him. Good riddance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Bring cesc home Wenger.

• Advertisement

The champions league qualification aspect is important but the competition itself has lost all its prestige. Full of second rate teams (ourselves included)

The CL qualification was for me as a United fan the most important thing about winning it. Of course it was nice to get a trophy too, particularly as the club had never won it.

Even though it's the second rate European trophy, it's the winning that counts. Success and winning things imo breeds success and makes the team / players hungrier for more, the main trophies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

The CL qualification was for me as a United fan the most important thing about winning it. Of course it was nice to get a trophy too, particularly as the club had never won it.

Even though it's the second rate European trophy, it's the winning that counts. Success and winning things imo breeds success and makes the team / players hungrier for more, the main trophies.

Yes, 3 FA cups in 4 years has clearly made our current crop hungry for more...

Yes, 3 FA cups in 4 years has clearly made our current crop hungry for more...

:pac:

Tbf, the players aren't really the problem with you boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Bring cesc home Wenger.

**** that, bring Sczesney home. Should never have been sold especially with Cechs constant decline

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

He'll join Utd, I’m certain. Then again I really thought City was a done deal. Really doubt Chelsea is on, just Conte stirring it!

• Advertisement

omega man wrote: »
    He'll join Utd, I’m certain. Then again I really thought City was a done deal. Really doubt Chelsea is on, just Conte stirring it!
    Chelsea would mean not having to move home though.
    Who's going to score the feckin goals for us now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Rumours of Aubameyang doing the rounds now...53m apparently.

Even this shouldnt save Wengers sorry ass from the axe. Aubameyang will only go so far. If he is starved of ball like Lacazette then its all for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Where have you been that's been around all day !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Even this shouldnt save Wengers sorry ass from the axe. Aubameyang will only go so far. If he is starved of ball like Lacazette then its all for nothing.

It won't save him but it'll leave a decent bit to work with for whoever is next. I certainly don't want our new manager stuck with Welbeck and Iwobi as starting forwards.
    Soups123 wrote: »
    Where have you been that's been around all day !

Haha sorry I am generally slow on the uptake :D

• Advertisement

It won't save him but it'll leave a decent bit to work with for whoever is next. I certainly don't want our new manager stuck with Welbeck and Iwobi as starting forwards.

Good point tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Heard were trying to entice Jan Venegoor of Hesselink out of retirement.

He's the biggest name in football, after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Tbf, the players aren't really the problem with you boys.

You say that, but the squad is full of pretty unimpressive players at the moment.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Functional team at best lol. You're first team wouldnt get in our second 11 to best honest. We are on the way up for sure...you guys seem to have a long road ahead.

Why are you after Ozil and Sanchez then? Two of our first team? :confused: Will they be keeping the bench warm?

Honestly Utd should be pissing the league with the money they have spent. Instead they have everyone behind the ball against Liverpool and lost in their own home ground to City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Functional team at best lol. You're first team wouldnt get in our second 11 to best honest. We are on the way up for sure...you guys seem to have a long road ahead.

They talk about a power shift in North London but there's a much bigger one happening in Manchester

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Why are you after Ozil and Sanchez then? Two of our first team? :confused: Will they be keeping the bench warm?

Apologies, aside from those two but I assumed they are gone so hence the statement.

In my opinion you guys may be in a worse position before we even got Moyes in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

farna_boy wrote: »
    **** that, bring Sczesney home. Should never have been sold especially with Cechs constant decline

I was called mad for saying that at the time.

Apologies, aside from those two but I assumed they are gone so hence the statement.

A fair point and i wouldnt pretend we are in the same league as the top four at this point in time. I would argue though that if Sanchez feels he needs to win leagues then City is a better option but any other choice would suggest he is only interested in money. I mean there is a medal all but there for him already at City and i think he will achieve more under Pep than under Mourinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

With all due respect would ya ever piss back to your own thread with your bullshíte, as no one in here agrees with ye.

You've already admitted you were wrong, and that's before you even take into account the fact that Koscielny would make the starting XI also. There is certainly an argument to made that Lacazette gets in ahead of Lukaku also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Honestly Utd should be pissing the league with the money they have spent. Instead they have everyone behind the ball against Liverpool and lost in their own home ground to City.

Less money than City?
    Quazzie wrote: »
    With all due respect would ya ever piss back to your own thread with your bullshíte, as no one in here agrees with ye.

You've already admitted you were wrong, and that's before you even take into account the fact that Koscielny would make the starting XI also. There is certainly an argument to made that Lacazette gets in ahead of Lukaku also.

Koscielny and Lacazette would be on the bench at best, and I'd rather have Ibrahimovic ahead of Lacazette to be honest. I'd even rather have Giroud.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement