Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Quazzie wrote: »
    With all due respect would ya ever piss back to your own thread with your bullshíte, as no one in here agrees with ye.

You've already admitted you were wrong, and that's before you even take into account the fact that Koscielny would make the starting XI also. There is certainly an argument to made that Lacazette gets in ahead of Lukaku also.

Eh no I will not and less abuse please.

I'm making a fair point. Also lacazette? Has he scored this season. Koscielny wouldn't be ahead of Smalling, Jones, Bailly, Rojo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

A fair point and i wouldnt pretend we are in the same league as the top four at this point in time. I would argue though that if Sanchez feels he needs to win leagues then City is a better option but any other choice would suggest he is only interested in money. I mean there is a medal all but there for him already at City and i think he will achieve more under Pep than under Mourinho

I disagree over the medium term but fair point. Also a medal half through the season is pretty worthless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'd rather have Ibrahimovic ahead of Lacazette to be honest

872.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Pheonix10 wrote: »

I'm making a fair point. Also lacazette? Has he scored this season. Koscielny wouldn't be ahead of Smalling, Jones, Bailly, Rojo.

When you make ridiculous comments like " has lacazette scored" when he scored against you, you lose any footing you had in the argument

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Not sure what you expect coming in with this garbage

'You're first team wouldnt get in our second 11 to best honest. We are on the way up for sure...you guys seem to have a long road ahead.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I'd still rather have Wenger than Mourinho as a manager.

I disagree over the medium term but fair point. Also a medal half through the season is pretty worthless.

No its not. If you meet the minimum requirement of games, score a few goals, make a few assists, and help the team get over the line then its worth a lot. Alot can happen in four or five months.

Id rather have neither. Two has-been egotistical stiffs who need to p1ss off. Both are set in their ways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Well said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

what happened to this forum? could not access it last night with a 503 error

what happened to this forum? could not access it last night with a 503 error

It released new technology that prevents whingers from posting

I couldn't get in either

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Soups123 wrote: »
    It released new technology that prevents whingers from posting

I couldn't get in either

I guffawed, well done.

The Ornacle has spoken

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/953202684970065920

Not even going to get bothered by all this rubbish. Transfer windows are always a joke where we're concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Thanks miki.

Dont want him if he doesnt really want to come plus seems to be on the decline.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Hope we get mhki

But you can understand any player having reservations about coming to us

We’re a shambles at the minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/953215751934169089

Two of those would be nice. Not sure about Mkhitaryan (and he's clearly not sure about Arsenal, who can blame him) but he played well with Aubameyang.

Now we wait for all to collapse and we end up with Kim Kallstrom again.

As soon as I hear of a swap deal, I usually just zone out because it's one in a million that these things actually happen.

Looks like we could be making a profit again.

Where did the ox fee disappear too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Quazzie wrote: »
    As soon as I hear of a swap deal, I usually just zone out because it's one in a million that these things actually happen.

As soon as I hear transfer rumours, I usually just zone out...

https://twitter.com/Iandennisbbc/status/953213659974651905

I think that's fair enough. We wouldn't want Jack to be signing up to a bumper deal and then getting injured. We need/want him to be playing.

I also wonder how much influence Jack's resurgence has had on Ozil. He's made no secret of the fact he wants the #10 jersey, and I guess at one point it might have looked like Jack was going to possibly not return to the club and Ozil could have had it. Not likely now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/953215751934169089

Two of those would be nice. Not sure about Mkhitaryan (and he's clearly not sure about Arsenal, who can blame him) but he played well with Aubameyang.

Now we wait for all to collapse and we end up with Kim Kallstrom again.

Getting roughly the same for Walcott as we do for Sanchez says it all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Agreed we should be paying Everton to take him.

☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭al87987

Basil3 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Iandennisbbc/status/953213659974651905

I think that's fair enough. We wouldn't want Jack to be signing up to a bumper deal and then getting injured. We need/want him to be playing.

I also wonder how much influence Jack's resurgence has had on Ozil. He's made no secret of the fact he wants the #10 jersey, and I guess at one point it might have looked like Jack was going to possibly not return to the club and Ozil could have had it. Not likely now.

I like Jack, not near as much as some people on here, but he's easy on the eye, a good ball player and has a lot of tenacity about him.

I worry about his overall effectiveness though, doesn't seem to impact the game in the final third that much at all so I would be very hesitant in making him our no. 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Its hardly the same now is it?

al87987 wrote: »
    I like Jack, not near as much as some people on here, but he's easy on the eye, a good ball player and has a lot of tenacity about him.

I worry about his overall effectiveness though, doesn't seem to impact the game in the final third that much at all so I would be very hesitant in making him our no. 10.

I think he was literally talking about the #10 jersey and not the position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I have a terrible suspicion that by the time the Palace game rolls around, we'll have sold Sanchez and Walcott but brought no one in. I don't buy this whole 'Sanchez swap deal with Mkhi or no deal' business. If Utd offer 30m and Mkhi doesn't want to come, we'll sell. And I think Dortmund will ask for a Aubameyang fee that will cause us to walk away. As for Malcom, Bordeaux seem very keen to hold onto him unless the fee is exobitant.
    I really hope I'm wrong but I can't see two out and two in. We'll be lucky to get one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Have to agree with that. It reeks of the old "oh we tried really hard but couldn't get the deals over the line" malarky we've been fed over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I have a terrible suspicion that by the time the Palace game rolls around, we'll have sold Sanchez and Walcott but brought no one in. I don't buy this whole 'Sanchez swap deal with Mkhi or no deal' business. If Utd offer 30m and Mkhi doesn't want to come, we'll sell. And I think Dortmund will ask for a Aubameyang fee that will cause us to walk away. As for Malcom, Bordeaux seem very keen to hold onto him unless the fee is exobitant.
    I really hope I'm wrong but I can't see two out and two in. We'll be lucky to get one.

I'd trust our crowd as far as i'd throw them and that's not very far.
    Money men the lot of them.

Oh, haven't you heard? We're offering our puskas winner to Dortmund as a sweetener :D

We'll make a profit this window, but we tried, thats the main thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

So Raiola has spoken to The Times. The last quote is a cracker: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/mino-raiola-henrikh-mkhitaryans-transfer-to-arsenal-is-key-to-manchester-united-deal-for-alexis-sanchez-k8mz57vn2

Quotes:
    "Manchester United are not going to sign Sanchez unless Mkhi agrees to join Arsenal."

"Mkhi is going to do what is best for him. He has two-and-a-half years left on his contract, so it's his decision."

"Sanchez is part of the Mkhi deal, not the other way around."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Oh come on. Its almost like you guys dont trust the 24 hour transfer team that we have in place to scour the world and get deals over the line.

Next you'll be telling me we have stockpiles of money we refuse to spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It's being reported (by the Daily Mail, so make of that what you will) that Jack Wilshere will be offered a new contract, but will have to take a wage cut.

Surely this is nonsense? Or have Arsenal plunged even further into farce?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5274579/Arsenal-offer-Jack-Wilshere-new-contract.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

SlickRic wrote: »
    It's being reported (by the Daily Mail, so make of that what you will) that Jack Wilshere will be offered a new contract, but will have to take a wage cut.

Surely this is nonsense? Or have Arsenal plunged even further into farce?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5274579/Arsenal-offer-Jack-Wilshere-new-contract.html

Its specifies a lower base with lots of incentives, what's wrong with that? His injury record is shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

AdamD wrote: »
    Its specifies a lower base with lots of incentives, what's wrong with that? His injury record is shocking.

do you reckon the incentives will bring him up to the same wage as he's currently getting? He already has incentives in his contract.

Yes indeed.
    Jack will take a pay cut.
    Sanchez will go, Walcott will go, Coquelin gone.
    We might get Michataryan from United.
    Quids in. Great window for the Board. Well run club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Yes indeed.

Well we can't say the club lacks consistency :(:(:(:(

Well we can't say the club lacks consistency :(:(:(:(
    Most consistent club in the league by far ..... bank account-wise.

SlickRic wrote: »
    do you reckon the incentives will bring him up to the same wage as he's currently getting? He already has incentives in his contract.

I'd imagine it's something like instead of gettiing 60k per week and 5k per game playing bonus, he is now getting 50k per week, but 15k per game playing bonus. Therefore if he stays fit an plays, he gets the same money.

*random figures

• Advertisement

JW10 looks back to his best the past few weeks. We've carried injured players for years, we have to know the autonomy of his ankles at this point and if he's always high risk then the offer should reflect that. He seems a reasonable guy never seems to be about the money with him.

Yes indeed.

You would have to think even this club has atleqst 2 replacements lined up if the above goes through.

The players being mentioned seem reasonably priced the right calibre and long term options

The problem is it makes so much sense I don't believe it for on minute

Walcott undergoing medical at Everton - deal likely concluded this evening

Good for him and us he completely stale the past year. Him and Coq out, Sanchez too, didn't foresee the catalyst for change starting in a January

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Promise?

I'm like Wee bey here trying to figure out how Allardyce wants Walcott let alone willing to spend 20m on him

980x.gif

• Advertisement

Someone has to be coming in....right?

Soups123 wrote: »
    Good for him and us he completely stale the past year. Him and Coq out, Sanchez too, didn't foresee the catalyst for change starting in a January

His medical will probably be done offside

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Promise?

He'll probably fail the medical :rolleyes:

I'm like Wee bey here trying to figure out how Allardyce wants Walcott let alone willing to spend 20m on him

980x.gif

He's still a 1-in-2 goal scorer. He's far from world class, but he will still get a solid 10-15 goals even from the wing, imo. We just completely changed our style of play and he doesn't fit for us at all any more.

Mkhitaryan's agent (also represents Pogba & Ibra) has just gone public saying any deal involving Mkhitaryan and Sanchez will be a straight player swap with no transfer fee involved. He claims that the deal is stalling because Mkhitayan hasn't agreed to joing Arsenal yet.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement