Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Great, we might be replacing one player who wants out with another who doesnt appear to want to come to the club either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Mkhitaryan's agent (also represents Pogba & Ibra) has just gone public saying any deal involving Mkhitaryan and Sanchez will be a straight player swap with no transfer fee involved. He claims that the deal is stalling because Mkhitayan hasn't agreed to joing Arsenal yet.
    If that’s true, then it’s a farce. Even more farcical than usual farcical Arsenal standards. If united want him, they must pay. Wenger needs to send a message now, either get what he’s worth or let him rot on the bench!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Mkhitaryan's agent (also represents Pogba & Ibra) has just gone public saying any deal involving Mkhitaryan and Sanchez will be a straight player swap with no transfer fee involved. He claims that the deal is stalling because Mkhitayan hasn't agreed to joing Arsenal yet.

When do swap deals ever work?! I just can't see it happening myself.

So Arsenal are stalling on the fact that they don't want to Sell Sanchez unless there's a player coming the other way OR if we can find a replacement elsewhere..but there's a time limit, the offer of 20/30 million for Sanchez expires in two weeks time at which point he'll be worth zero, cost us another couple of million in wages AND be poison for the team. This is a no brainer, get rid and get rid FAST.

Mkhitayan isn't gonna make or break our season either way. Our season is done. Just get the best deal for Arsenal right now and pray that we spend some of it in the summer.

Its that Maola parasite that's Pogbas agent isn't it?

When do swap deals ever work?! I just can't see it happening myself.

So Arsenal are stalling on the fact that they don't want to Sell Sanchez unless there's a player coming the other way OR if we can find a replacement elsewhere..but there's a time limit, the offer of 20/30 million for Sanchez expires in two weeks time at which point he'll be worth zero, cost us another couple of million in wages AND be poison for the team. This is a no brainer, get rid and get rid FAST.

Mkhitayan isn't gonna make or break our season either way. Our season is done. Just get the best deal for Arsenal right now and pray that we spend some of it in the summer.

Id agree with this. Give Mickity a day or two to think it over and then flog Sanchez anyway.

I can't blame Mikitiryan for stalling. We're horrendous this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

His medical will probably be done offside

I can imagine him speeding towards the examination room and bungling straight into the receptionist.

Its that Maola parasite that's Pogbas agent isn't it?

Is he not the f*cker that has all these superstars but has never done any deal with Arsenal? Ir is that Mendes? Or both?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Can’t understand why he didn’t just sign up for city straight away.

He could realistically now end up staying with us after all. What a cluster fcuk from him and Arsenal FC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Really don’t see this happening, we won’t pay the wages he’ll want!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Ahhhh, now I feel better. Its a proper Arsenal deal now.

omega man wrote: »
    Can’t understand why he didn’t just sign up for city straight away.

He could realistically now end up staying with us after all. What a cluster fcuk from him and Arsenal FC.

As I was reading somewhere on Twitter, it's some going by Sanchez to price himself out of moves to the likes of Bayern and City.

He does have to be a little bit careful. If we were to make him rot until the summer, I wonder what offers will come for a player that is about to turn 30 and hasn't been playing.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I can imagine him speeding towards the examination room and bungling straight into the receptionist.

first player to fail a medical and injure himself in the process

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Is he not the f*cker that has all these superstars but has never done any deal with Arsenal? Ir is that Mendes? Or both?

Mendes is Ronaldos agent and Maoila represents Pogba. Both the worst type of parasite going. Ronaldo bought Mendes an island iirc a few years back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Surely Arsenal wouldn't accept a Mikitiryan for Sanchez swap deal? Mikitiryan by all accounts seems to prefer a move back to Germany.

Maybe he could be rehabilitated at Arsenal but you'd have to be wary of taking a player who maybe has to be convinced by his agents to move to your club. Just to make the Sanchez deal happen.

And next on the rumour mill....."Arsenal are to make an opening bid of €35m plus Giroud in a bid to land Aubameyang" - Evening Standard

Basil3 wrote: »
    Oh, haven't you heard? We're offering our puskas winner to Dortmund as a sweetener :D
    And next on the rumour mill....."Arsenal are to make an opening bid of €35m plus Giroud in a bid to land Aubameyang" - Evening Standard

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Is it February yet.

Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Arsenal is a clusterfcuk of a club under this regime.
    Can't do anything right it seems.
    The home game with Palace could be very interesting. The fans are rightly angry now. Poor performances, poor manager, poor governance and no chance of even the old Top 4 Cup.
    Interesting times ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

If Mick O'Tariyan joins it will be nice to have an irishman back on the playing staff. How i long for the days of the last great Irishman at Arsenal, Gilbert O'Silva

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭rodders999

I'm starting to sit up and take notice of what Sven Mislintat and Raul Sanllehi are doing behind the scenes.

Coquelin has been moved on less than 12 months after Wenger rewarded his dross performances with a bumper new contract, Giroud is now rumoured as being made a makeweight in the Aubameyang deal, Debuchy is being ushered out the side door back to France and the poster child of the Banter Era is off to Everton for actual money!

And all this in just one window....impressive.

There also seems to be a plan in place for when Sanchez waves goodbye - Aubameyang, Malcolm and Mkhitaryan - and I think the aim would be to end up with two out of the three of those.

No doing it on the fly, no making it up as we go along but an actual plan of moving the dross out and replacing them with real potential and quality.

That ain't no Arsene Wenger way of doing business so I reckon there are moves being made behind the scenes which hopefully he takes umbrage to and F's OFF.

Feeling some hope today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

rodders999 wrote: »
    I'm starting to sit up and take notice of what Sven Mislintat and Raul Sanllehi are doing behind the scenes.

Coquelin has been moved on less than 12 months after Wenger rewarded his dross performances with a bumper new contract, Giroud is now rumoured as being made a makeweight in the Aubameyang deal, Debuchy is being ushered out the side door back to France and the poster child of the Banter Era is off to Everton for actual money!

There also seems to be a plan in place for when Sanchez waves goodbye - Aubameyang, Malcolm and Mkhitaryan - and I think the aim would be to end up with two out of the three of those.

No doing it on the fly, no making it up as we go along but an actual plan of moving the dross out and replacing them with real potential and quality.

That ain't no Arsene Wenger way of doing business so I reckon there are moves being made behind the scenes which hopefully he takes umbrage to and F's OFF.

Feeling some hope today.
    We need to offload wenger first

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭al87987

Feeling some hope today.

Love the optimism, feels dangerously out of place on this thread though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Coquelin has been moved on less than 12 months after Wenger rewarded his dross performances with a bumper new contract

Pretty good observation to be fair to you. We'll know when the transfer window closes.

Feeling some hope today.

I hope you're right. As it stands, we're just offloading a bunch of players. We're always linked with all kinds of crazy names who we never come close to signing.

• Advertisement

I hope you're right. As it stands, we're just offloading a bunch of players. We're always linked with all kinds of crazy names who we never come close to signing.

We all need to keep this in mind.

Ain't nobody signed yet, don't get caught up in it till we do.

(The most real hope is we can offload a couple of our problem players).

What Wenger said about Mike Dean.... :D

https://twitter.com/RobHarris/status/953317190899466240

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I dunno bout any of ye but I'd be very disappointed if we lose Giroud. He offers something very different at times when we need to change things around and has a good record for us

What Wenger said about Mike Dean.... :D

https://twitter.com/RobHarris/status/953317190899466240

The amount of times I've agreed with Wenger these past few seasons have been very few but by god he's spot on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

wonga77 wrote: »
    I dunno bout any of ye but I'd be very disappointed if we lose Giroud. He offers something very different at times when we need to change things around and has a good record for us

So in this window we are going to sell our second best scorer (Sanchez), our third best (Giroud) and our fourth best (Walcott) who in total account for 19 of 60 goals we have scored this season (in all competitions).

That sounds like a wonderful idea!

I know the season is already ****ed, but the thought of having to rely on two players (one of whom is Welbeck) to get us goals for the rest of the season would be a whole new level of ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I've been a season ticket holder for 40 years of my 46 supporting Arsenal....a club steward for 12 of those. Sanchez is a great player but not a club player, it's all about the money for him like so many others. There have been many better TRUE arsenal players in those years than him. The mere fact he's looking at Man Utd over a reunion with Pep speaks volumes.

I've been expecting him to move for ages such is his body language, RVP move was a killer.

If we showed a bit more ambition as a club there is no way in hell he would be signing for Utd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Gringo180 wrote: »
    If we showed a bit more ambition as a club there is no way in hell he would be signing for Utd.

Wenger is his own worst enemy.

If he had not been so stubborn on many occasions and was more ruthless in signing players he would have more trophies to his name.

Only signing cech that summer was when his luck finally ran out.

Its a pity he wouldn't change, how many times have we been one or two great players away from a title?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

farna_boy wrote: »
    So in this window we are going to sell our second best scorer (Sanchez), our third best (Giroud) and our fourth best (Walcott) who in total account for 19 of 60 goals we have scored this season (in all competitions).

That sounds like a wonderful idea!

I know the season is already ****ed, but the thought of having to rely on two players (one of whom is Welbeck) to get us goals for the rest of the season would be a whole new level of ****.

Giroud will be a huge loss. He adds something different up front. Walcott won't be a loss. He should have been sold a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

pudzey101 wrote: »

I dunno. He sports the same haircut as Danny wellbeck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Wenger is his own worst enemy.

If he had not been so stubborn on many occasions and was more ruthless in signing players he would have more trophies to his name.

Only signing cech that summer was when his luck finally ran out.

Its a pity he wouldn't change, how many times have we been one or two great players away from a title?
    Remember he left us with only Giroud and Walcott as our only main strikers too when we were top of the table in January. Then when the window closed Giroud got injured. Cant remember what season it was. Then the absolute shambles of that transfer of the Swedish fella we signed with a broken back :pac:

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Remember he left us with only Giroud and Walcott as our only main strikers too when we were top of the table in January. Then when the window closed Giroud got injured. Cant remember what season it was. Then the absolute shambles of that transfer of the Swedish fella we signed with a broken back :pac:

Diarra, gilberto and flamini all leaving in one window and been replaced with denilson is one that ill never forget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Aubamayang would be a massive signing in fairness lads , especially if we re unite him with Mihki

and on the plus might give Ozil a reason to re sign aswell get rid of a petulant Sanchez , and rubbish we're not using (coq, walcott, debuchy)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Diarra, gilberto and flamini all leaving in one window and been replaced with denilson is one that ill never forget.

That's not how it happened!

We signed Diarra 6 months earlier, but Flamini was outrageously good alongside Fabregas. So Diarra wasn't happy, and was sold that January. Gilberto was probably declining at that point, so he left the next summer. Of course, Flamini went on a free transfer to Milan the second he showed anything, so that messed us up. Then Denilson, urgh.

Aubamayang would be a massive signing in fairness lads , especially if we re unite him with Mihki

and on the plus might give Ozil a reason to re sign aswell get rid of a petulant Sanchez , and rubbish we're not using (coq, walcott, debuchy)
    We still need a few class defenders though.

• Advertisement

We signed Diarra 6 months earlier, but Flamini was outrageously good alongside Fabregas. So Diarra wasn't happy, and was sold that January. Gilberto was probably declining at that point, so he left the next summer. Of course, Flamini went on a free transfer to Milan the second he showed anything, so that messed us up. Then Denilson, urgh.

Denilson signed in September 2006 the same day as Gallas and Cole swapped and also Baptista and Reyes.

He was a good prospect but never really developed. To be fair to him he needed a few proper experienced leaders around him. Im not sure he was a defensive midfielder either.

At times i look at Xhaka and he makes Denilson look as good as Makelele with the fúck ups he makes :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

On the other hand....I would kill for a prime Gilberto right now.

We still need a few class defenders though.

Didn't we sign the future Greek Beckenbaur already lol

Didn't we sign the future Greek Beckenbaur already lol
    He'll probably start up front knowing Wenger.

Nobody admitting to being in talks with Arsenal at all except United.

So basically its how it happened.

Right anyone got any questions for Thusday's podcast ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Denilson signed in September 2006 the same day as Gallas and Cole swapped and also Baptista and Reyes.

He was a good prospect but never really developed. To be fair to him he needed a few proper experienced leaders around him. Im not sure he was a defensive midfielder either.

At times i look at Xhaka and he makes Denilson look as good as Makelele with the fúck ups he makes :pac:

Remember that time the ref caught and passed him chasing an opposition breakaway

If Wenger stays yet another year will we avoid relegation?
    Who should replace him if he goes at the end of this season?
    Does he deserve a place on the Board or would he continue to be a hindrance?
    How do we get rid of the entire crew, Board and manager?
    Should fans openly protest at remaining games?

• Advertisement

What has have to kolasonic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement