Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

So basically its how it happened.

Except for the fairly important bit that they didn't all leave in the same window, sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

What has have to kolasonic.

Tough question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Except for the fairly important bit that they didn't all leave in the same window, sure.

Ok fair enough.

Within 6 months we lost 3 dms and replaced them with a donkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Hope theo does well at everton. Always liked him. Never fulfilled his potential but for someone who gets a lot of stick scored a lot of goals for us.

Never any off field **** causing trouble and always seemed like a decent lad.

Hope theo does well at everton. Always liked him. Never fulfilled his potential but for someone who gets a lot of stick scored a lot of goals for us.

Yeah, be always seemed professional. One dimensional player, but he did score some nice goals.

On another note, I see that Lord Bendtner is 30 today. Still trying to get my head around that....I always felt like he was younger than Theo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Is Theo actually gone? Have we seen him in the shirt yet?

It's a shame it didn't work out. He's a good fella, just not quite what we need.

John cross saying miki wants a rise to 150k a week and his agent wants 5 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

His agent represents everything that's wrong with the modern game. He's a leech of the highest order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Ornstein saying Wilshire is expected to sign that new contract great news if true

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Is Theo actually gone? Have we seen him in the shirt yet?

It's a shame it didn't work out. He's a good fella, just not quite what we need.

Only pics I've seen was him leaving Everton after his medical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Right anyone got any questions for Thusday's podcast ??

Do you see the possible arrival of Mhykitarian as a replacement for Ozil? They would play similar positions and he still hasn't and probably won't sign a contract extension.

Would Aubamayang and Mhykitarian linking up again work with Arsenal, they were lethal together at Dortmund, but our system is totally different to the high and full court press game that Dortmund played.

Or are we dreaming about those 2 coming in as replacements for Sanchez and Ozil.

Finally, will Theo be a success at Everton if he completes the move and do you wish him well? Personally, I do. I'm glad he's leaving as he frustrated me greatly.

Thanks for the podcasts Brian, really enjoying them.

wawaman wrote: »
    If Mick O'Tariyan joins it will be nice to have an irishman back on the playing staff. How i long for the days of the last great Irishman at Arsenal, Gilbert O'Silva

Its Mickity Ryan wawaman..... Mickity!!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Ornstein saying Wilshire is expected to sign that new contract great news if true
    Where did he say that? It's not on his twitter

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Where did he say that? It's not on his twitter

https://twitter.com/OsmanZtheGooner/status/953348946096787456

1st video in the comments he says it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Wonder is Wenger behind the clean out or is someone else finally pulling some strings at the club.

I simply can’t believe Wenger would ditch Ox, Coq and Theo in a short period of time.

I'd say its definitely Sven hence the 2 Dortmund lads possibly coming in aswell

He's supposed to have sounded out Mavrapanos aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Sven?

Sven Misenlintat, the new head of recruitment who came in him and Raul Sanelhi the new contract negotiator who is replacing Dick Law

That would mean Wenger has lost full control. I really hope that’s the case. Still a new manager would be better long term however.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Sven?

I didn’t want to ask that too for fear of looking out of touch!!

• Advertisement

Sven Misenlintat, the new head of recruitment who came in him and Raul Sanelhi the new contract negotiator who is replacing Dick Law

“We talk,” Wenger said on their new relationship. “We know the players. We know. It’s not that we discover, we know every single player in Europe before Sven arrived. Sometimes, in a little club in Germany, he might know somebody we might ignore.”

Wengers ego again, cant let anyone else take any credit.

wow wenger can be such a petty ****er when he wants to be

omega man wrote: »
    I didn’t want to ask that too for fear of looking out of touch!!

It just sums up how much ive lost interest in the club in its current state.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    It just sums up how much ive lost interest in the club in its current state.

Basically Sven is the guy who brought Kagawa, Aubamayeng Mihki and others to Dortmund when he was there

And Sanelhi was Barca's chief negotiator was involved in bringing Neymar over from Santos amongst others

Basically Sven is the guy who brought Kagawa, Aubamayeng Mihki and others to Dortmund when he was there

And Sanelhi was Barca's chief negotiator was involved in bringing Neymar over from Santos amongst others

Seems like 2 great additions. I doubt Wenger authorised them coming on board?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Gazidas apparently. He insisted on them. Can't find the link to that story, but I definitely read it somewhere.

emmetlego wrote: »
    Gazidas apparently. He insisted on them. Can't find the link to that story, but I definitely read it somewhere.

There was a good few changes in the backroom at arsenal over the last year, read a good article on it a while back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd like to see the club bring in at least 2 of the 3 players, bring some excitement back to what's probably a write off of a season.

There was a good few changes in the backroom at arsenal over the last year, read a good article on it a while back.

A thing that really bugs me. Our goalkeeping coach Lehmann was excellent at saving penalties. Surely to god he could advise both Cech and Ospina to dive after the ball is hit?

• Advertisement

On the other hand....I would kill for a prime Gilberto right now.

I think a young Wilshere or Ramsey would have flourished in a midfield with him in it. I think he had at least one or two years left in him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

You may say he was of good character but f**k me he was on over 100k a week and had numerous chances to prove himself. From a business point of view he would be considered a failed investment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

“We talk,” Wenger said on their new relationship. “We know the players. We know. It’s not that we discover, we know every single player in Europe before Sven arrived. Sometimes, in a little club in Germany, he might know somebody we might ignore.”

Wengers ego again, cant let anyone else take any credit.

Wow, the subtext is clear there. Not happy at all with the reshuffle.

A thing that really bugs me. Our goalkeeping coach Lehmann was excellent at saving penalties. Surely to god he could advise both Cech and Ospina to dive after the ball is hit?

You can't wait until after the ball is kicked to decide which way you're going, so it's still pure luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Check out number 1 😂
    http://www.football365.com/news/top-10-pl-keepers-with-highest-penalty-saves-ratio

Seen on by the numbers recetly that the average is 14/15% cech would only need 2 or 3 saves to average out

Almunia was always good at saving penalties , He saved 2 or 3 that time we replayed Sheffield United

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

he also knows Malcolm's entourage very well apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Basil3 wrote: »
    You can't wait until after the ball is kicked to decide which way you're going, so it's still pure luck.

That's the advice David Seaman used to give, and he has the greatest penalty save ratio of any Premier league goalkeeper ever

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Question for your podcast:

If Sanchez, Theo, Coq & other surplus players all leave

The Two Dortmund lads sign for Arsenal, Jack re-signs and Ozil stays till at least the Summer, which is also when talk of Malcolm has been moved.

Will you be happy?

How much of an improvement in points return do you expect? Arsenal have been dropping off the pace faster than expected and surely if this isn't addressed fast it might not matter who is signed in terms of this seasons result.

Sticking point is miki wanting 150k a week and his slimey agent wants 5 million.

They can sing for it as far as im concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Sticking point is miki wanting 150k a week and his slimey agent wants 5 million.

We hit the club and Wenger for not moving with the times. Signing top players costs money, all top players have agent fees.

We've pissed money away on average players, pay the agent fee give him a wage that's relevant in today's market and move on.

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    We hit the club and Wenger for not moving with the times. Signing top players costs money, all top players have agent fees.

That's fine. But he's not a top player.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Quazzie wrote: »
    That's fine. But he's not a top player.

That's why I said pay him his market value. Whether an agent gets a 4/5m bonus i couldn't care, it's normal unfortunately and we pissed enough 5 millions up the wall for a hell of a lot worse.

I think he's a top player

Soups123 wrote: »
    That's why I said pay him his market value. Whether an agent gets a 4/5m bonus i couldn't care, it's normal unfortunately and we pissed enough 5 millions up the wall for a hell of a lot worse.

I think he's a top player

Assuming he signs a 3 year contract, paying the €5M to his agent is equivalent to £32k extra per week. Can't see that being sanctioned when he's already asking for top dollar wage-wise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I want him to play for us, but f*ckin hell this one is giving us trouble already. You can't help feeling it'd only be a matter of time before he'd down tools to get another transfer (and agent bonus).

F*ck that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I'd agree, this is soooo NOT Wengers style, especially over Coq. Maybe this is also behind the whispers that they are sounding out a replacement and Wenger may actually stand down in the summer. I'd gladly suffer (another) bum year if it means a proper team shake up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Didn't we offer over 200k to Ox, who started on average 20 games a season? This is our Sanchez replacement - pay the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Didn't we offer over 200k to Ox, who started on average 20 games a season? This is our Sanchez replacement - pay the money.

Aubameyang would be our Sanchez replacement. This guy is our Theo replacement :pac:

Aubameyang would be our Sanchez replacement. This guy is our Theo replacement :pac:

I think it's going to be Miki is our Ozil replacement and Ayebamarang is our Sanchez replacement.

Giroud coq and Walcott are to pay the shareholders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Aubameyang would be our Sanchez replacement.  This guy is our Theo replacement :pac:
    Assuming we can do the Auba deal. This seems a lot more feasible for now. As I said the other day, I'm still sceptical that we end up replacing Walcott and Sanchez. Usually if we sell two players, we only get one replacement.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement