Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Basil3 wrote: »
    Forgot Joel Campbell is still an Arsenal player!

Yes but is he ‘like a new signing’, that’s the question....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Lol Joe Campbell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

jester77 wrote: »
    I'm not sure too much has changed, sell before we buy has been their way of doing business for a long time now... looks like that is what is happening here can't be having a negative balance

Indeed. So we get Obamayang and the lad from United but we've sold Sanchez, Walcott and Coqulein so we're still down a player.
    We get 35M for Sanchez, 20M for Walcott and 12M for Coq. Thats 67M so how much will the two players cost then anyone?

Indeed. So we get Obamayang and the lad from United but we've sold Sanchez, Walcott and Coqulein so we're still down a player.
    We get 35M for Sanchez, 20M for Walcott and 12M for Coq. Thats 67M so how much will the two players cost then anyone?

Is Feidir linn!!!! Yes we can!!!!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Auybmeyang will cost the guts of that 67 million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Is Agbamayammabangbang worth 67 million though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Is Feidir linn!!!! Yes we can!!!!! ;)

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

wonga77 wrote: »

Yes, in this day and age. Lacazette was the guts of 50, and Aubameyang is better, and then consider what a centre half cost Liverpool...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

wonga77 wrote: »

I would say its a fair fee considering what players are being sold for. With the neymar and mbappe deals that has finally broke the transfer market and well the rest of the teams in Europe are gonna feel the brunt of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Whilst it's unlikely they'll happen because this is Arsenal after all, both of these signings would be absolutely superb for Arsenal, it would add huge amounts of pace to our attack.

Laca, Aubam, Ozil and Miki would bring us back towards the type of attack we had with Henry, Pires, Bergkamp and Lyunberg, on paper

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    Whilst it's unlikely they'll happen because this is Arsenal after all, both of these signings would be absolutely superb for Arsenal, it would add huge amounts of pace to our attack.

Laca, Aubam, Ozil and Miki would bring us back towards the type of attack we had with Henry, Pires, Bergkamp and Lyunberg, on paper

LMAO, if it ever happens.

A proper Cb, a more consistent DM and maybe a keeper would go a big way after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

A proper Cb, a more consistent DM and maybe a keeper would go a big way after that.

Jaysus, please let us get a new CB and GK. Bad as we are up front we’re worse at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

were linked with cologne keeper timo horn , who has relegation release clause of just £5.4m if relegated which is looking likely

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5344016/arsenal-cologne-timo-horn/

he also supports us haha :D

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/arsenal-europa-league-koln-cologne-timo-horn-reject-liverpool-manuel-neuer-a7942421.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Sky reported that "Is feeder linn" (good man tips-gunner) had a bid from Arsenal of €53m offered to Dortmund. That's bloody cheap if they can pull it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Obamayank is an out and out striker with a reputation for causing trouble. What problem would his purchase be solving?

Wakcott on SN talking about hunger and desire :pac:

Obamayank is an out and out striker with a reputation for causing trouble. What problem would his purchase be solving?

Our lack of goal scorers, or is that a trick question? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

The huge quality void in the squad and lack of pace up front?

• Advertisement

whos goona win the sprint races in training ? bellerin or aubanguanananan ? :D

pudzey101 wrote: »
    whos goona win the sprint races in training ? bellerin or aubanguanananan ? :D

I reckon Bellerin has lost pace as his hair has grown. AMN looks faster to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Madrid to make a snatch for Augamanabang if you believe the twitter machine

Basil3 wrote: »
    I reckon Bellerin has lost pace as his hair has grown. AMN looks faster to me.

the hair does be in bellerin' eyes these days since he cant cross or be as quick as he used be , he needs to sort it :D be a good sprint tho all the same :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Don’t post here very often but read regularly, although it’s been painful a lot of the time of late. In the last few years my interest in arsenal has waned although I still watch a bit and would hope in a few years to start brining my son on occasion. The current squad don’t make it easy to love the club, the only players I’d be genuinely sad to see leave the club are Giroud and Wilshere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

emmetlego wrote: »
    Sky reported that "Is feeder linn" (good man tips-gunner) had a bid from Arsenal of €53m offered to Dortmund. That's bloody cheap if they can pull it off.

Good to see we've learned from the Lemar fiasco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Wakcott on SN talking about hunger and desire :pac:

He’s gas craic!

Conte remonstrating aggressively with the referee at the moment. I suppose he wont get a touchline ban at all? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Glad Walcott is gone. I never thought he was up to scratch - though his finishing did improve a little bit in his time at the club. Waste of a squad number.

Also I'm probably the only one but I'd rather we left Aubameyang where he is. He seems to be trouble with a capital T which is the last thing the club needs having gotten rid of another negative presence. We needed to get him when he left Saint Etienne and I think we were linked with him at the time if I remember right.

sonic85 wrote: »
    Glad Walcott is gone. I never thought he was up to scratch - though his finishing did improve a little bit in his time at the club. Waste of a squad number.

Also I'm probably the only one but I'd rather we left Aubameyang where he is. He seems to be trouble with a capital T which is the last thing the club needs having gotten rid of another negative presence. We needed to get him when he left Saint Etienne and I think we were linked with him at the time if I remember right.

I don't get some people, wanting a WC player gone because he seems to have more ambition than our club and not wanting a top class replacement because he could be trouble

Plenty of players have played for this club who were trouble some of them where greats. I'm sick of the selfies pretty boy nice lad generation about time we had a few bad boys!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

I don't get some people, wanting a WC player gone because he seems to have more ambition than our club and not wanting a top class replacement because he could be trouble

Plenty of players have played for this club who were trouble some of them where greats. I'm sick of the selfies pretty boy nice lad generation about time we had a few bad boys!!

Agreed,maybe he wont be bad for us and if hes as bad as Sanchez was then hes welcome to stay a while.
    Unless we get Walcott back,he was a good guy.

• Advertisement

You're signing a player who can only play in one position, that of the guy you signed 6 months ago for a record fee. So one of Aubameyang and Lacazette misses out, while fúcking Iwobi probably still gets a start. It just smacks of buying whatever is available, not what is needed.

You're signing a player who can only play in one position, that of the guy you signed 6 months ago for a record fee. So one of Aubameyang and Lacazette misses out, while fúcking Iwobi probably still gets a start. It just smacks of buying whatever is available, not what is needed.

Thats what I was wondering I thought Aubameyang was a striker aswell so wasn't sure why ye were signing him after Laza unless wegner wants to move to a 352 of some descritpion

Thats what I was wondering I thought Aubameyang was a striker aswell so wasn't sure why ye were signing him after Laza unless wegner wants to move to a 352 of some descritpion

Not the mention not making any improvements to the absolute mess that is the defence. Honestly, I can't see how spending that kind of money on Aubameyang makes any sense. Not unless you're City and can spunk £50m on players who won't necessarily play every week. Maybe somebody at the club thinks Lacazette isn't up to it.

Not really, Laca is capable of playing a lot deeper. That said though both are capable of playing in a front 3, look at what Liverpool are doing with Mane, Firminho and Salah.

Laca and Lac will start 10/10 ahead of Iwobi and Welbeck with a competent manager.

I think that's possible, I would rather we where a club with a headache of trying to fit the two in than having no options.

Look at what City and United have options wise in this space

I wanted Sanchez gone because his attitude has been rotten for a while now and he gives the ball away countless times a game. On his day he's is brilliant - for a spell with us he was unreal but when was the last time he hit those highs? I can't remember. Get him out and get someone in that actually wants to play for us.

Auba may end up being top class - his scoring record is excellent. But he's been causing trouble at Dortmund - numerous stories of him turning up late to training, leaving the club to go on unauthorised trips - loads of stuff. He's been suspended by his club twice this season FFS. The man is quite clearly a bit of a clown. The fact Dortmund are willing to let him go and for a pretty paltry (in this market anyway) 50 or 60 million is a bit of a red flag. Just my opinion though.

We can go for good players that aren't arseholes you know. The two things arent mutually exclusive.

Not really, Laca is capable of playing a lot deeper. That said though both are capable of playing in a front 3, look at what Liverpool are doing with Mane, Firminho and Salah.

Laca and Lac will start 10/10 ahead of Iwobi and Welbeck with a competent manager.

When has Lac played in a deeper role? He can drop back a bit to collect the ball but that's not what he's good at. He's not that quick either so he'd be no good playing on either flank he needs to be in the middle which is where Auba would be playing. Two very similar players vying for one spot. It's madness really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Not the mention not making any improvements to the absolute mess that is the defence. Honestly, I can't see how spending that kind of money on Aubameyang makes any sense. Not unless you're City and can spunk £50m on players who won't necessarily play every week. Maybe somebody at the club thinks Lacazette isn't up to it.
    Or it's the sort of player you don't turn down.

I wanted Sanchez gone because his attitude has been rotten for a while now and he gives the ball away countless times a game. On his day he's is brilliant - for a spell with us he was unreal but when was the last time he hit those highs? I can't remember. Get him out and get someone in that actually wants to play for us.

Auba may end up being top class - his scoring record is excellent. But he's been causing trouble at Dortmund - numerous stories of him turning up late to training, leaving the club to go on unauthorised trips - loads of stuff. He's been suspended by his club twice this season FFS. The man is quite clearly a bit of a clown. The fact Dortmund are willing to let him go and for a pretty paltry (in this market anyway) 50 or 60 million is a bit of a red flag. Just my opinion though.

We can go for good players that aren't arseholes you know. The two things arent mutually exclusive.

We have the head of recruitment at Arsenal who we hand picked to come do his job, it's seems he is driving this, would you not think if he was in any way a big risk he'd just not do it?

I don't see many players of his calibre willing to join this **** show so maybe the tact is to find a player or two a little bit mad.

From reading it seems a lot of what he has done is reported out of context and some of it has been about trying to force a move.

We have the head of recruitment at Arsenal who we hand picked to come do his job, it's seems he is driving this, would you not think if he was in any way a big risk he'd just not do it?

I don't see many players of his calibre willing to join this **** show so maybe the tact is to find a player or two a little bit mad.

From reading it seems a lot of what he has done is reported out of context and some of it has been about trying to force a move.

The head of recruitment isnt in the job that long so we will have to see how competent he is. Trying to bring in two players he worked with before doesn't really show us anything. But he has said that Auba isnt as bad as is being made out so we will just have to trust.

Personally I'd rather a centre half, a CM and a fast skillful winger. Malcom sounds good - a bit unproven but could be right up our street. Resources are limited so we have to make the best of what we have and try extract as much value as possible.

If we do land Auba I hope it doesn't bite us in the backside.

• Advertisement

The head of recruitment isnt in the job that long so we will have to see how competent he is. Trying to bring in two players he worked with before doesn't really show us anything. But he has said that Auba isnt as bad as is being made out so we will just have to trust.

Personally I'd rather a centre half, a CM and a fast skillful winger. Malcom sounds good - a bit unproven but could be right up our street. Resources are limited so we have to make the best of what we have and try extract as much value as possible.

Your having a laugh arent you...Kroenke is one of the richest men in America,hes not short of a few bob at all.

Make the best of what we have and find value?????
    Thats bollox for a club like us constantly in profit year after year while the team on the pitch gets worse and worse.

We recruited him for his track record he's not a novice.

This team needs goals, attacking options and a quicker less pedestrian way of playing football.

We do need a CB but to be honest that's like buying a chocolate teapot the way Wenger sets up the defence.

We have the resources to spend on a CB in addition to the players we are being linked with if the club has the ambition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Aubameyang is a world class striker no matter what way you look at it regardless of what's already at the club you'd be off your head to be not excited at the thoughts of him coming in

Your having a laugh arent you...Kroenke is one of the richest men in America,hes not short of a few bob at all.

Make the best of what we have and find value?????
    Thats bollox for a club like us constantly in profit year after year while the team on the pitch gets worse and worse.

OK grand so - when do you think Stan is going to put his hand in his pocket and start funding transfers? Look at his other sports teams and you'll find the answer.

Were selling players for 10 or 20 million so there's fcuk all coming in. When was the last time we got top dollar for a player?

I read somewhere (might have been the Bleacher Report) we have around 30 mill left over from last summer so add Walcott and Coqs supposed fees to that and I'd say it's close enough to what is actually there to spend.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2731483-arsenal-transfer-news-gunners-reportedly-set-for-30m-budget-boost-in-2018.amp.html

OK grand so - when do you think Stan is going to put his hand in his pocket and start funding transfers? Look at his other sports teams and you'll find the answer.

Were selling players for 10 or 20 million so there's fcuk all coming in. When was the last time we got top dollar for a player?

I read somewhere (might have been the Bleacher Report) we have around 30 mill left over from last summer so add Walcott and Coqs supposed fees to that and I'd say it's close enough to what is actually there to spend.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2731483-arsenal-transfer-news-gunners-reportedly-set-for-30m-budget-boost-in-2018.amp.html

I dont think he will ,but the club doesnt need to be in profit every year.
    Isnt there cash reserves of 200-300m?
    The bastard Stan is using that to get loans in America for building a stadium.

The reason I want Wenger out is he never stood up to Stan and said I need more money....now that was a few years back and I dont think any manager in the world will get this group to win the big trophies.

The club needs investment and if bringing in a striker we dont really have space for above Wengers head is whats happening then Im all for it.

Kronke is a cancer and Wenger is allowing him to destroy the club.
    Do you remember when we were building our stadium and we were promised that it would put us on a level playing field with the top clubs in Europe.

We were sold a pup.Kroenke used the club for collateral on a loan and Wenger allowed it to happen because he thought he was so fcuking brilliant to still keep the club competitive on a shoestring budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Lads we are so stale attacking wise.

Noone is scoring goals.

We need something or else this season will get a whole lot worst.

Auba is been bought for this reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Lads we are so stale attacking wise.

Noone is scoring goals.

We need something or else this season will get a whole lot worst.

Auba is been bought for this reason.

This. Apart from the Liverpool game and United game (where the game was long over and United sat back and invited the pressure) they’ve looked toothless going forward for months now. It’s horrible to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Feeling quietly confident about my prediction that we'll have sold Sanchez and Ozil before the Palace game and bought no-one.

Irish Times is today saying that we could sell Sanchez without a swap deal for Mkhi: https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/man-united-may-land-s%C3%A1nchez-without-mkhitaryan-sale-1.3359336

Feeling quietly confident about my prediction that we'll have sold Sanchez and Ozil before the Palace game and bought no-one.

Irish Times is today saying that we could sell Sanchez without a swap deal for Mkhi: https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/man-united-may-land-s%C3%A1nchez-without-mkhitaryan-sale-1.3359336

Both gone by tomorrow? That would be surprising.

Regardless, they shouldn't be letting Sanchez go until they have a player to announce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

no movement on Ozil yet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement