Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Quazzie wrote: »
    Jaysis you will always find a way to defend Wenger. :rolleyes:

He shouldn't need defending here. He got rid of a fella for being gutless. That's what he should do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    He shouldn't need defending here. He got rid of a fella for being gutless. That's what he should do.

No. He was rightly called out publicly by his captain for not preparing properly for a game, and he was left to rot in the reserves by Mr. Arrogant himself.

If he was dropping players for being gutless, everyone who played that game would be dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Sanchez piss off already and united. Stop ****ing about and cough up the money (and player)

Sanchez piss off already and united. Stop ****ing about and cough up the money (and player)

Haven't you heard? United, arsenal and the players are all happy. It all hinges on whether Mhkitarian's agent says it happens.

The longer it runs on, the more chance of Real Madrid or PSG coming in with a last minute offer and giving us all the biggest laughs of our lives
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Latest from Ornhub. Of course it would be Raiola holding up the show..

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/954353693779951616

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

Supposedly we have dropped our interest in Malcom and he now has a meeting with Spurs in London today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

I read that he was training with Academy lads...So he isn't in the Squad for the game I guess.

Good riddance. Maybe he will develop an attitude at Man U and decide not to play, like he did frequently with us. It will make no difference with us who we sign. Wenger floundering to replace Sanchez, like it matters. Wenger cannot manage the team, no surprises he can't even do the transfer targets. Pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Who's going to get Sanchez 80 goals in 3 years now?

Who's going to get Sanchez 80 goals in 3 years now?

The same person who hot Henry's goals, and RvP's goals after him.

• Advertisement

Suppose that's why Aubameyang is being brought in.

The same person who hot Henry's goals, and RvP's goals after him.

They have never been equaled afterwards.
    Nobody has scored as many in as little time than Sanchez has.

You're setting your standards impossibly high. The reality is Sanchez wants to leave and turned down a big contract from us. Also the reality is that we're likely bringing in a player who has scored 100 goals in the past 3 years. What more can you ask for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

In his last 3 years Henry got 25, 27 and 10 goals in the premier league. Arsenal scored 87, 68, and 63 in the league in those years. In the 3 seasons after he left they scored 83, 72, and 75.

Noone matches his goals directly but goals were spread more evenly across the team.

09/10 - 83
    10/11 - 72
    11/12 - 74
    12/13 - 72
    13/14 - 68
    ARRIVAL OF SANCHEZ
    14/15 - 71
    15/16 - 65
    16/17 - 77

We scored 214 goals in the 3 years before he came, and we've scored 213 in the 3 years he has been here. There hasn't been any extra goals because Sanchez has been in the team. Arsenal score the goals, not Sanchez

09/10 - 83
    10/11 - 72
    11/12 - 74
    12/13 - 72
    13/14 - 68
    ARRIVAL OF SANCHEZ
    14/15 - 71
    15/16 - 65
    16/17 - 77

We scored 214 goals in the 3 years before he came, and we've scored 213 in the 3 years he has been here. There hasn't been any extra goals because Sanchez has been in the team. Arsenal score the goals, not Sanchez
    Which individual has scored 80 goals in 3 years? That's what I asked.
    Apart from his goals then the rest have been well below the averages you gave too.
    It's no wonder he's petulant when you see it from his point of view. He's surrounded by poor players. That's why RVP, Nasri etc left too. No chance of winning the league with the players we had.
    I'll agree with anyone who says Sanchez is greedy too. Footballers have relatively short careers and only have a short time to earn their pensions.

In his last 3 years Henry got 25, 27 and 10 goals in the premier league. Arsenal scored 87, 68, and 63 in the league in those years. In the 3 seasons after he left they scored 83, 72, and 75.

Noone matches his goals directly but goals were spread more evenly across the team.[/QUOTE]

Not happening in the current squad, That's my point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Apart from his goals then the rest have been well below the averages you gave too.
    It's no wonder he's petulant when you see it from his point of view. He's surrounded by poor players. That's why RVP, Nasri etc left too. No chance of winning the league with the players we had.
    I'll agree with anyone who says Sanchez is greedy too. Footballers have relatively short careers and only have a short time to earn their pensions.

RVP left to win the league.

Every one of the rest of them followed the cash, including Sanchez.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    RVP left to win the league.

Every one of the rest of them followed the cash, including Sanchez.
    RVP would not have won it here and that's for sure.
    The others got both money and league titles. Win / win for them.

• Advertisement

Over the 8 years I have quoted we have averaged 72.75 goals per season, both with and without Sanchez. Leicester are the only team to win the EPL in that time frame having scored less. One two occasions the winners have scored over 100 goals. We scored goals as a team. The stats show that. Evidence shows that pre-Sanchez we scored more goals than when he was here, so the evidence would suggest that we will continue to score the same amount after he leaves.

As for the paying the pension part. With the take home pay being reported for Sanchez he could afford to pay the pension of 20% of all recipients in Ireland. I think he'll do just fine when he retires.

Over the 8 years I have quoted we have averaged 72.75 goals per season, both with and without Sanchez. Leicester are the only team to win the EPL in that time frame having scored less. One two occasions the winners have scored over 100 goals. We scored goals as a team. The stats show that. Evidence shows that pre-Sanchez we scored more goals than when he was here, so the evidence would suggest that we will continue to score the same amount after he leaves.

As for the paying the pension part. With the take home pay being reported for Sanchez he could afford to pay the pension of 20% of all recipients in Ireland. I think he'll do just fine when he retires.
    So you think Iwobi and Welbeck will start scoring and make up for him If not then the new lad who comes in better hit the ground running. Sanchez knew they wouldn't score too many hence not passing to them imo. Iwobi 4 and Welbeck 4 last season. Sanchez 30 playing wide also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

So you think Iwobi and Welbeck will start scoring and make up for him If not then the new lad who comes in better hit the ground running. Sanchez knew they wouldn't score too many hence not passing to them imo. Iwobi 4 and Welbeck 4 last season. Sanchez 30 playing wide also.

There is never a excuse for not passing to team mates
    Maybe Iwobi takes off now that the presence of toxic Sanchez is gone

irishman86 wrote: »
    There is never a excuse for not passing to team mates
    Maybe Iwobi takes off now that the presence of toxic Sanchez is gone

Ah heeooor.
    At least his value is seen elsewhere. Genius is always recognised too late it seems.

Ah heeooor.
    At least his value is seen elsewhere. Genius is always recognised too late it seems.

He's 29, and has played for River Plate, Barcelona, and Arsenal. I think his "genius" is well recognized.

Ah heeooor.

I don't think anyone would argue that Sanchez isn't a great player. I think we'll be fine without him, though.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    I don't think anyone would argue that Sanchez isn't a great player. I think we'll be fine without him, though.

Hopefully. I wouldn't expect anyone we have now to score 80 in 3 years though, so we'll have to buy a proven goalscorer. I also hope they're not lied to when signing i.e. that we will be buying top class to challenge for the title.

You're setting your standards impossibly high. The reality is Sanchez wants to leave and turned down a big contract from us. Also the reality is that we're likely bringing in a player who has scored 100 goals in the past 3 years. What more can you ask for?
    What big contract? We only offered him the same as before plus 1p

DvB wrote: »
    So its basically a mickey waving contest... FFS:mad: Its simple, dont tell any incoming players what Ozil or anyone else earns.... its not rocket science FFS.

I always suspect that players, just like us in the real world dont go around comparing payslips so its all media hyped garbage IMO.

They may have the same agents though or agents feeding agents info

I'd say we offered him about double what he's on.....unfortunately United can offer double that.

DvB wrote: »
    So its basically a mickey waving contest... FFS:mad: Its simple, dont tell any incoming players what Ozil or anyone else earns.... its not rocket science FFS.

I always suspect that players, just like us in the real world dont go around comparing payslips so its all media hyped garbage IMO.

They may have the same agents though or agents feeding agents info
    Maybe

• Advertisement

I'd say we offered him about double what he's on.....unfortunately United can offer double that.
    Yea it was around 220k

Of course players will go from one club to another for more money just like Rooney, Messi, Ronaldo, Bale etc. As Neil Diamond sang "Money Talks".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Sanchez was still training with Arsenal today. Wonder will he be in the squad or even start tomorrow?

What are the odds on him staying and not signing anyone either??!!

omega man wrote: »
    Sanchez was still training with Arsenal today. Wonder will he be in the squad or even start tomorrow?

Would any of us be surprised?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I wouldn’t even have him in the squad tomorrow. He has one foot out the door and is of no use to us. Knowing Wenger though, he will probably put him straight into the starting lineup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

It should be like a 1% chance this would happen but with Arsenal I'd rate it more than 20%... an utter shambles of a club. GUARENTEED we will mess up the mikh and abum transfer too.

Like I always say with this club, I'll believe it when I see it. Never has a club and a manager talked so much SHÏTE...the smug look on wengers face when he's answering questions on transfers, he hasn't a notion of what's happening, he just glad the questions aren't about him and his fücking shït performance as a manager.

I wouldn’t even have him in the squad tomorrow. He has one foot out the door and is of no use to us. Knowing Wenger though, he will probably put him straight into the starting lineup.
    So you won't go to Ireland matches if Martin O'Neill is in charge then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I could see the deal going tits up. Stick him in the starting line up I say. May as well get our 20 million worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Why in the name of god would they play him and risk him getting injured

Why in the name of god would they play him and risk him getting injured

It’s the Arsenal way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Why because he did it once that time with ox ??? Can't remember it happening before that

Why because he did it once that time with ox ??? Can't remember it happening before that

I’m joking of course, but I trust nothing he does these days.

Les incompetents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Nasri's last game for Arsenal was against City. He had a great game.

Haul Alexis off at half time if he's having a stinker. But I'm sure he'd want to impress in his last game for the club and his team mates will forgive and forget for his last game.

The bottom line though is if he picks up a major injury the window would be scuppered so he shouldn't play tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Arsenal never fail in exceeding arsenals ridiculous ways.

Anyone else envisage the whole deal breaking down?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ezekel

If it hasn't broken down already, its all moving to slow for me the usual smoke and mirrors from Wenger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Anyone else envisage the whole deal breaking down?

Yes. But does it matter to me? Not one bit. We're not winning anything, we're not qualifying for anything except the europa crap. What's 20 or 30 million anyway, it's peanuts to us, will it be spent either way, who knows!? We're being fed lies yet again and we're stupid to fall for it. What does it matter to me if Sanchez sits on the bench for a few months?

Wengers smug smile is nothing new to me, he's had that 1000 times before when we bought nobody, or a goalkeeper or sanogo.

I'm not sure how quickly people want the transfer to take place, but it's hardly a straightforward one. I don't know why we should be bending over backwards to get it over the line for when Mourinho says so, either.

Latest from Ornhub. Of course it would be Raiola holding up the show..

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/954353693779951616

That tweet states everything that is wrong with football today. Surely to fúck it should be up to one man and one man only if he is to move to London to a mediocre club and uproot his family in the process and not his fúcking agent?

Raiola is poison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

It matters to me. I want to watch Arsenal winning and playing good football. The 2 ex Dortmund boys will bring us that. Their acquisition may encourage Ozil to sign a new contract and bring in new players.

I will always want the best for Arsenal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement