Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

Basil3 wrote: »
    I'm not sure how quickly people want the transfer to take place, but it's hardly a straightforward one. I don't know why we should be bending over backwards to get it over the line for when Mourinho says so, either.

From an Arsenal point of view though we have 10 or 11 days left to recoup anything for him so it kind of is a question of time. I dont like bending to Mourinho either but id prefer that then giving him the satisfaction of not giving us a player or money for Sanchez come the end of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'm not sure how quickly people want the transfer to take place, but it's hardly a straightforward one. I don't know why we should be bending over backwards to get it over the line for when Mourinho says so, either.
    Wenger said it should be done in around 48 hours. That was last Monday. Guess he was wrong.

https://www.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/dvdboxart/12542/p12542_d_v8_aa.jpg&imgrefurl=http://google.com/search?tbm%3Disch%26q%3DAnother%252048%2520HRS.&h=1440&w=960&tbnid=gdqO-9tTmR9MbM:&tbnh=160&tbnw=106&usg=__FTCjKu03suPL95n4MFPn3hoq454%3D&vet=10ahUKEwiG9qHo_-TYAhUlBsAKHdTFDzIQ_B0I8gEwFw..i&docid=_2DNVkCuA-9wdM&itg=1&client=firefox-b-ab&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiG9qHo_-TYAhUlBsAKHdTFDzIQ_B0I8gEwFw

greendom wrote: »
    It matters to me. I want to watch Arsenal winning and playing good football. The 2 ex Dortmund boys will bring us that. Their acquisition may encourage Ozil to sign a new contract and bring in new players.

I will always want the best for Arsenal.

I used get excited when we used sign big names but ive just lost all faith an optimism in Wenger. He was a legend but he has mismanaged for far longer now. His coaching staff are only there to nod the head. Even Lehmann doesnt seem to be doing much.

Wenger said it should be done in around 48 hours. That was last Monday. Guess he was wrong.

I'd still prefer we do what some other clubs do, and sign our incoming players first, then announce the departure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

which one of ye idiots is this :D haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ezekel

greendom wrote: »
    It matters to me. I want to watch Arsenal winning and playing good football. The 2 ex Dortmund boys will bring us that. Their acquisition may encourage Ozil to sign a new contract and bring in new players.

I will always want the best for Arsenal.

I agree with you but its not these lads we are bringing in ( or not) that worries me, its the whole facade carrying on while not one mention has been made about are defensive crises.
    As said smoke and mirrors

pudzey101 wrote: »

There is only one player id ever do that for and that is the great Dennis Bergkamp. Now there was a real pro. Sanchez can sod off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

There is only one player id ever do that for and that is the great Dennis Bergkamp. Now there was a real pro. Sanchez can sod off

maybe pires , keown and adams too :D but hey they where different days :pac:

I'm a muich better singer than that lad.
    Not a note in his head. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah it matters a hell of a lot to me aswell, I love Arsenal the club not the manager , So yeah it damn well matters if we get in those players

Whats the alternative sit around and be a doom and gloom mopey ****er , Then whats the point

• Advertisement

maybe pires , keown and adams too :D but hey they where different days :pac:

Also legends. Loved Dennis though. A rolls royce of a player and a rolls royce of a man.

Yeah it matters a hell of a lot to me aswell, I love Arsenal the club not the manager , So yeah it damn well matters if we get in those players

Whats the alternative sit around and be a doom and gloom mopey ****er , Then whats the point
    Over 50 years of this club and i've never been so angry with the way the club is being run now.
    I'll batter the shyte out of the golfball in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

My 1st memory of Arsenal was vaguely 89 but my 1st real memory of Arsenal was the double cup win then I fell in love and but for the brief Rioch period yes this is probably the lowest ebb the club is at , but I'm not going to never not care about them , you take the lows with the highs is that not what following a club is about ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

My 1st memory of Arsenal was vaguely 89 but my 1st real memory of Arsenal was the double cup win then I fell in love and but for the brief Rioch period yes this is probably the lowest ebb the club is at , but I'm not going to never not care about them , you take the lows with the highs is that not what following a club is about ?

The same Bruce Rioch that signed Bergkamp? He was the first coach after Graham that tried to get us to play decent football. The really dark days since '89, were the year Graham was sacked and we had Stewart Houston managing us to try and steady the ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Still sanchez hasnt gone wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still sanchez hasnt gone wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently it will happen, but it sounds like the Sanchez/Micky thing has to be done as two separate transfers rather than a swap, which I guess has held things up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

One good thing that the malaise of supporting Arsenal and my growing disenchantment with top level football has brought me is a rekindled interest in the league of Ireland. I got back into it last season (around the time we got thumped 3-0 by Palace funnily enough) and haven't looked back. The season starts in about 4 weeks and I'd encourage anyone who's feeling fed up with Arsenal to start going to their local LOI club's games if you don't already. It's a nice change and you feel like you're part of something.

I just read a bit about how Raoila was holding up the Sanchez deal, as Arseblog pointed out this basically means we weren't paying him enough money for "brokering" the deal (aka sitting on his hole). This guy made upwards of 20 million pound on the Pogba transfer. It's gone too far.

One good thing that the malaise of supporting Arsenal and my growing disenchantment with top level football has brought me is a rekindled interest in the league of Ireland. I got back into it last season (around the time we got thumped 3-0 by Palace funnily enough) and haven't looked back. The season starts in about 4 weeks and I'd encourage anyone who's feeling fed up with Arsenal to start going to their local LOI club's games if you don't already. It's a nice change and you feel like you're part of something.

I just read a bit about how Raoila was holding up the Sanchez deal, as Arseblog pointed out this basically means we weren't paying him enough money for "brokering" the deal (aka sitting on his hole). This guy made upwards of 20 million pound on the Pogba transfer. It's gone too far.
    Agree big-time about the LOI.
    Great excitement around Oriel Park with the new takeover.
    We got some run since we nearly folded and along came a "few good men" and then Stephen Kenny. Big days ahead too even if I have a bit of a fear factor with strangers running the club..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Very interesting you should say this. Just last week I was checking out the fixtures for my local team (Shamrock Rovers). I talked to the lads and we're gonna give it a whirl for the season, see how it works out.

Only problem is I don't like Rovers, cos I've met a few of their fans over the years, and they really weren't especially pleasant people. Though I'm sure that was just those few.

Meanwhile, is there any reason to think any transfers would go ahead on the weekend, or do they normally happen Mon - Fri?

Agree big-time about the LOI.
    Great excitement around Oriel Park with the new takeover.
    We got some run since we nearly folded and along came a "few good men" and then Stephen Kenny. Big days ahead too even if I have a bit of a fear factor with strangers running the club..

Dundalk are definitely the team to beat this season I reckon. Would have like MON to have gone to Stoke and for Kenny to have gotten the Ireland gig! Will definitely be interested to see how yous get on with the new owners alright.

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Very interesting you should say this. Just last week I was checking out the fixtures for my local team (Shamrock Rovers). I talked to the lads and we're gonna give it a whirl for the season, see how it works out.

Only problem is I don't like Rovers, cos I've met a few of their fans over the years, and they really weren't especially pleasant people. Though I'm sure that was just those few.

Meanwhile, is there any reason to think any transfers would go ahead on the weekend, or do they normally happen Mon - Fri?

Rovers are my local team too. I know the kind of fans you're talking about, they really are a small (but vocal) minority. I think they tend to cause their mischief when on the road for away games, never seen any trouble at all in tallaght stadium!

Rovers are my local team too. I know the kind of fans you're talking about, they really are a small (but vocal) minority. I think they tend to cause their mischief when on the road for away games, never seen any trouble at all in tallaght stadium!
    Every club has a small minority of trouble makers.
    I found the Rovers fans who came to Tallaght to support Dundalk in their Euro matches to be a great bunch and very knowledgeable. Had great chats with some of them. I always liked Rovers as they play a great brand of football.
    Good luck this season.
    Now back to thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

John Cross reporting the swap deal is dead and that it’s a cash sale of Alexis for £41m

emmetlego wrote: »
    John Cross reporting the swap deal is dead and that it’s a cash sale of Alexis for £41m
    Hope he's wrong.
    If the Obamayang deal falls through then we'd have nobody coming in and three gone. That would be madness.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42754170

emmetlego wrote: »

Isn't he also saying the Mkihitarian deal will go ahead, just that it'll be two seperate deals, not a swap?

Hope he's wrong.
    If the Obamayang deal falls through then we'd have nobody coming in and three gone. That would be madness.

I believe we are still after Micky, but the swap was too hard to arrange, so it will just be two transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

In his last 3 years Henry got 25, 27 and 10 goals in the premier league. Arsenal scored 87, 68, and 63 in the league in those years. In the 3 seasons after he left they scored 83, 72, and 75.

Noone matches his goals directly but goals were spread more evenly across the team.[/QUOTE]

Not happening in the current squad, That's my point.

In Henry’s 1st 3.5 years he scored more goals and had a better ratio than Sanchez. Sanchez is not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy

So today we are on sky sports Ireland.

Anyone hazard a guess at our starting lineup? Will Xhaka, Wilshere, Rambo and Ozil somehow all feature in our starting lineup?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Hope he's wrong.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42754170

No that would be Arsenal

• Advertisement

So today we are on sky sports Ireland.

Anyone hazard a guess at our starting lineup? Will Xhaka, Wilshere, Rambo and Ozil somehow all feature in our starting lineup?

Sky Sports Ireland? Never even knew that existed.

Is Ozil fit? All this talk of transfers is exciting, yes it is, but I'd bleedin love to see Ozil, Jack & Rambo (& Lacazette) get a decent run of games together. I like the idea of all our players passing to each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Ol' Donie wrote:
    Sky Sports Ireland? Never even knew that existed.

It doesn't really. The game is on sky sports but is only available in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

If I was Arsenal, I wouldn't sanction the Sanchez sale until the Mkhtaryan one goes through first.
    You just know that as soon as Sanchez is sold then the Mkhtaryan deal will fall through. Wouldn't put it past Mourinho.

If I was Arsenal, I wouldn't sanction the Sanchez sale until the Mkhtaryan one goes through first.
    You just know that as soon as Sanchez is sold then the Mkhtaryan deal will fall through. Wouldn't put it past Mourinho.

We should be waiting until Micky and Aubameyang are both sorted.

Kos, Monrael and Ozil probably back today.
    I can see Wenger resting Jack and playing Ozil and Ramsey in the middle.

Our fans are really being ripped-off with the price of tickets -

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42715295

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/954715207300993024

I don't have much faith in that line up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

4-3-3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

That bench...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

The fücking state of that.

That bench is shocking. Either defenders or unproven attacking players. The lineup isn’t great either. Iwobi is literally a default starter now as there is no one else to challenge him.

• Advertisement

Shocking squad

That bench is shocking. Either defenders or unproven attacking players. The lineup isn’t great either. Iwobi is literally a default starter now as there is no one else to challenge him.
    That's Wenger's Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

https://twitter.com/ChrisWheatley_/status/954715140062146560

Official bid finally gone in for Auba

They took their time putting in a bid if they wanted the lad.
    The talk has been going on about signing him for a few weeks.

It has? I don't think I heard of it until around the time United stepped into the Sanchez mix.

When all’s said and done, if Arsenal get both Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan and tie down a contract for Ozil this January, then it has been a better window than expected. I’m not happy with Sanchez being sold to Man Utd, but getting a quality player in return softens the blow.

This summer though is a big one, hopefully Wenger is being phased out and more reinforcements are brought in, as a lot of dead wood has been shipped out as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Arsenal supposedly don't bid until they are given clear indication of price, and personal terms have been agreed with player.

It has? I don't think I heard of it until around the time United stepped into the Sanchez mix.
    Yeah. Maybe i'm wrong but I think I even heard talk of buying him last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Lads any reason Kolasinac is behind Monreal in the pecking order, every time I've seen him he looks very good but doesn't seem to have Wengers confidence.

Convenient timing ahead of a home game were the club have to face the fans

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement