Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah and he's only played a handful of games out of position I wouldn't criticize him at all yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

attacks seem a lot quicker without Alexis desperate to do something every time he has the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

greendom wrote: »
    attacks seem a lot quicker without Alexis desperate to do something every time he has the ball

In fairness he didn’t play last week when we lost playing muck football against Bournemouth.

Let’s wait and see a few more games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Time to give nketiah and Nelson a good run out

Cech playing well

Imagine having Mkitataryan there instead of Iwobi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Watching the match on NBC and there is a lad in the background in the stand somewhere and the mics are picking up everything he is shouting onto the field. NBC are obviously unable to isolate it because a lot of it isn't suitable for TV. :D

He should take off Ozil and Wilshire now and save them for Wednesday

Poor second half. No clean sheet for cech

Laca should have had 2

• Advertisement

Also its amazing that Elneny doesn't get more game time , so calm with the ball rarely does anything rash like Xhaka

Game is over with ages, why doesnt he take Jack off and give someone else a run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Blatant penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Good to get the first win of 2018 on the board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Good home win.
    More urgency from the off than we've seen for awhile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Missed the second half but doesn't look like I missed much. Must have taken the foot off the gas altogether. Brilliant stuff in the first half like Arsenal of old absolutely BLOWING teams away Henry/piers/ljungberg style. Loved it.

Add obamayang and I might just get excited for the rest of the season. I watched hours of him scoring and playing on YouTube last night and Jesus we need that lad. He's class.

Hope Monreal is okay

Hope Monreal is okay

I think it was just precautionary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

It feels like a loooong time since I've been looking forward to Saturday MOTD.

Delighted with that. 31 goals in 12 home league games. Better than anyone bar City.

• Advertisement

Wenger confirmed in his post match press conference that Sanchez is on the verge of joining Man Utd. He did say though that it will only happen if Mkhitaryan comes the other way.

Wenger confirmed in his post match press conference that Sanchez is on the verge of joining Man Utd. He did say though that it will only happen if Mkhitaryan comes the other way.

some talk that we will be getting 20 million plus Mikhi for Sanchez. Great bit of business if true.

some talk that we will be getting 20 million plus Mikhi for Sanchez. Great bit of business if true.

It will be certainly if he plays well for us and doesn't flop.

Yeah, was also reading earlier than Mhkitarian was offered two years of his united salary (£15m total) as a payoff to leave. Crazy.

Yep under the circumstances Arsenal couldn’t have gotten a better deal. Hopefully Mkhitaryan is motivated to come here. I haven’t seen a lot of him tbh, so don’t know what to expect of him. I’m assuming he is a better player than Silvestre and Welbeck who we got from that lot in the past?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Really don't understand what the story is with Kolasinac. Should be one of the first names on the teamsheet imo.

• Advertisement

Yep under the circumstances Arsenal couldn’t have gotten a better deal. Hopefully Mkhitaryan is motivated to come here. I haven’t seen a lot of him tbh, so don’t know what to expect of him. I’m assuming he is a better player than Silvestre and Welbeck who we got from that lot in the past?

he and Augebemyang had an unbelievable partnership at Dortmund. Really looking forward to having them both in the team

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Really don't understand what the story is with Kolasinac. Should be one of the first names on the teamsheet imo.
    He looks a bit overweight and not as quick as when he arrived to me anyway.
    I wonder if he's not putting in the effort in training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

He looks a bit overweight and not as quick as when he arrived to me anyway.
    I wonder if he's not putting in the effort in training.

I didn’t think he was very quick in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

L'prof wrote: »
    I didn’t think he was very quick in the first place

We all know how it ends once wenger looses faith in a player.

He'll be gone in the summer.

Edit, just as I went onto an arsenal forum after posting the above I came across this from some journo!!!!

"Senior coaches were concerned about starting AMN at LB as didn’t think he could cope there and didn’t want to ruin him, but Weng isn’t convinced by Kolasanic so forced it through (could be off in Summer)"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

I can't fathom how Wenger couldn't have faith in him, based on his performances he's put in and the fact he was in the Bundesliga team of the season last year. And if he rates AMN so highly he should be starting him in his actual position ahead of Iwobi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

Straight swap I see

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Deal done apparently - no money involved, straight swap

BBC

The Ornacle has spoken
    https://mobile.twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/954816899342323717
    No money involved, doesn't matter to me, not like it was going in my pocket

Hyzepher wrote: »

BBC

suppose he's cup-tied for the Chelsea game?

Good work, now sort Aubameyang.

Hyzepher wrote: »

BBC

Even though I don’t know a lot about Mkhitaryan, I’m happy to get a player rather than the money on a player who only had 6 months remaining. Sanchez was great for his three years at Arsenal, but he’s gone now and no player is bigger than the club. (Apart from Wenger ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Medical over 2 days????

We love doing things soul destroyingly slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

As good a deal you could hope for given he was going for free in 5 months. As big a swap deal I have seen in PL since Gallas and Cole

Great deal considering only 6 months left on Sanchez contract.

The new off field team are starting to deliver.

It's as much as we could have hoped for as Sanchez was going anyway but we've lost a proven goalscorer for an unproven one. Haven't heard his name much for scoring for United. Hopefully he'll do it at Arsenal.

• Advertisement

It's as much as we could have hoped for as Sanchez was going anyway but we've lost a proven goalscorer for an unproven one. Haven't heard his name much for scoring for United. Hopefully he'll do it at Arsenal.

He's not a goal scorer. He's a midfielder that will chip in with some goals.

As you saw today, Monreal, Koscielny etc will replace Sanchez's goals :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I'm fairly alright with this we lost Sanchez in August so in a way was already gone.

Miki has the potential to be a quality player if he replicates anything like his Dortmund form and the glimpses he showed at United

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ezekel

A good bit of business all said and done, get Aubameyang and sort the defence out and i will be happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Just saying in United thread it's a good deal for both clubs I don't think Sanchez going on this season's form is going to be a world beater but If he can get back to the level as last season he will make a massive difference to us.

Mkhitaryan has been out if form with us for a while now but I'm sure a change if surroundings and manager will put some fire in him he is a very likable player hope he does well for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ezekel

Soups123 wrote: »
    I'm fairly alright with this we lost Sanchez in August so in a way was already gone.

Miki has the potential to be a quality player if he replicates anything like his Dortmund form and the glimpses he showed at United

Hopefully, he might get a bit more freedom playing under "Mr express yourself on the pitch" and flourish.

This might help us land Aubameyang too. They worked well together at Dortmund, all in all a good deal for us. Sanchez wanted out so no point in hanging onto him as he would have just walked away for free in a few months anyway. He is class no doubt but can be incredibly frustrating at times also. The hunger and work ethic chasing players down etc is fine but kinda masks over the fact that he loses the ball an incredible amount of times and very often runs straight into traffic. I think he will do well at Utd but I don't think he is the player they need that will push them to the next level.
    Time will tell I spose

Basil3 wrote: »
    He's not a goal scorer. He's a midfielder that will chip in with some goals.

As you saw today, Monreal, Koscielny etc will replace Sanchez's goals :D

As you saw many times our defenders won't get forward as often against better quality teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

As you saw many times our defenders won't get forward as often against better quality teams.

Were both goals not from set pieces? Monreal loves a goal against big teams, doesn't really get much but he's scored big goals against both Manchester teams.

We are first up on motd too which is nice for a change

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/skysports_bryan/status/954838544614412294

Mkhitaryan in London tonight. First player on the Arsenal books who has a superagent as far as I know. Changing ways at the Arsenal?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement