Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Mkhitaryan on the right i suppose with one of Aubameyang or Lacazette on the left. He likes to have a ball player in one of the wide positions in the 4-2-3-1.

Fullbacks could be a bit exposed in that lineup.

A bit!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Hope Mkhi does really well for you guys (apart from against us). Seems a sound man who just didn't fit into the team as expected. Has loads of quality but the last few appearances for us were dreadful. That said he helped us win in Europe last year and could help you to the same thing this year. Second rate cup or not it's better to win the thing once you're in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Am i right in saying that if Auba & Mykitarian come in only one of them can be registered for the Europa League?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I’m assuming the no significant funds available for more signings, is just a January thing? Even with the signing of Aubameyang the club is hitting even based on this January and last summer. Where is all the money going?

Transfer funds are not the problem, it's our wage bill, we have a bit of room now with Sanchez and Walcott gone but after adding Miki and hopefully Auba and Ozil there won't be a lot left to spend. I would hope they have some plans for the summer as defensively we need 2 signings and I really hope we are also looking for a keeper. Think it might be a case of a player needing to be sold before replacements are brought in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Am i right in saying that if Auba & Mykitarian come in only one of them can be registered for the Europa League?

That is correct according to those that know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

Apparently there's no issue in Mkhitaryan playing in the EL for us as he's coming from United who are not involved in that competition.

Aubamayang on the other hand won't be able to play as Dortmund are now in the EL, despite the fact they haven't played a game in it yet. It doesn't seem to make much sense to me as he's not "cup tied" in the traditional sense of the term but that's how it works as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

this article on Sanchez's departure struck a chord with me. How it may be in the club's favour favour.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/arsenal-alexis-sanchez-departure-manchester-united-arsene-wenger-a8171326.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

emmetlego wrote: »

That is correct according to those that know!
    why is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

why is that?

As stated above, Aubameyang can’t play in the Europa League because Dortmund are now in it. Makes no sense to anyone I’ve talked to but them’s the rules!
    Apparently there's no issue in Mkhitaryan playing in the EL for us as he's coming from United who are not involved in that competition.

Aubamayang on the other hand won't be able to play as Dortmund are now in the EL, despite the fact they haven't played a game in it yet. It doesn't seem to make much sense to me as he's not "cup tied" in the traditional sense of the term but that's how it works as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Soups123 wrote: »
    Only got listen today, you were my podcast of choice for my Sunday 10k. Good listen.

The first few where very Arsenal focused this seemed a bit more just overall Soccer with an Arsenal slant? Is that the plan moving forward.

Those fcukin accents ����

Only getting the chance to reply but ya there is going to be a little broader overview on certain topics , But it will mostly Arsenal , My mate who does it with me is a United fan isn't even massively plussed about covering United and my hate for Mourinho doesn't help that :D

But if i was to put a percentage I'd the pod is 65% arsenal and 35% everything else and this week I'll be having another friend of mine come on (Liverpool Fan) who used to be an underage coach around Limerick so will be touching on that kind of stuff from time to time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/955500550765780992

I actually believed Arseblog when he said unveiling was delayed because photographers from both clubs were at a lens summit in Estonia :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Please treat Mkhitaryan well. A great pro, great player and overall a nice guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Headshot wrote: »

Hey, I'm just shocked we actually managed to land him.

Very happy with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Headshot wrote: »

Let's just all hope he's a Wenger buy and not another perez/Joel Campbell/kolasinac that Wenger inexplicably hates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Congratulations and hopefully this is the start of something good. They have time to settle in til next season. Aubameyang next please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Very good signing well he may wear he is one of the nice guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

439561.png

cbYufFa.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Arsenal now rid of the only player in the squad who insisted on having his first name on the back of his jersey. This can only be a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I'm surprised and happy that we have replaced an outgoing player. We were never going to replace Alexis with a player of equal quality but hopefully Mkhitaryan will bring something else to the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Said it before as good an outcome as we could of hoped for given everything, if the club have any balls about them sign Auba, contract Ozil and JW and things are a lot better than they were

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Arsenal now rid of the only player in the squad who insisted on having his first name on the back of his jersey. This can only be a good thing.
    I wouldn't give a damn if he wanted "Spiderman" and a picture on it as long as he scores goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Its mad Utd got Sanchez and RvP for a combined 35 million and we get Welbeck and Silvestre for 20 million haha

Ox whipping in lovely balls for Liverpool tonight again.
    Couldn't whip cream for us.
    Why is that?

Ox whipping in lovely balls for Liverpool tonight again.
    Couldn't whip cream for us.
    Why is that?

Just throwing it out there. Coaching? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Sorry if this has already been posted (couldn't see it) but Ladbrokes have suspended betting on Auba joining Arsenal in January. I think our best signing could have been Sven Mislintat !

Or lack of it.

Lads there still losing 1-0 against bloody swansea, Ox isn't the lord savior Liverpool are making out , he's had a good run of form

He had that last year for us near the end of the season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

He needs special coaching to kick the ball to a team mate in the box?

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Well he wasn't doing it for us. Coaching or not. Maybe he's getting it there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

What a day! Sanchez joins the club he dreamed of playing for as a boy and guess what, Mkhitaryan also supported Arsenal when he was a kid. Everyones a winner.
    More interestingly, Sanchez posted the standard farewell message with a little dig at former players

There are people (former club players) who have spoken with no knowledge of what happens inside the club and cause damage. I must say I always gave 100%, until the last day, when I asked to the Mister to be in the team, because I wanted to be a contribution.
    I remember today, a conversation I had with Henry, a historic Arsenal player, who changed club for the same reason and today is my turn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Former Tottenham & Liverpool Sporting Director Damien Comolli: "If Arsenal get Mkhitaryan & Aubameyang and lose Sanchez, they have done a very, very good deal. They will be stronger than they were with Sanchez." (SFR Sport)

Ol' Donie wrote: »

The corner he took just then barely reached the first man. Wenger's lack of coaching obviously takes a while to get over.

Basil3 wrote: »
    The corner he took just then barely reached the first man. Wenger's lack of coaching obviously takes a while to get over.
    That was planned :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Even though I've wanted Sanchez gone since the Bayern fiasco, i have to say i feel sick seeing him in a Utd jersey. Van Persie all over again.

☀️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

Sanchez on about £500k per week the highest paid player in the UK WTF :confused:

Even though I've wanted Sanchez gone since the Bayern fiasco, i have to say i feel sick seeing him in a Utd jersey. Van Persie all over again.

Not as bad for me. RVP sickened me. Though I do admit to getting a little bit of bile up in my throat when I saw the pic of Sanchez in the Utd garb! He's now got the chance to earn 600k a week if all his bonuses come in. That's madness. We can't compete with that!

I see some Utd fans claiming that City have bought their way to this year's title (conceding already!). They are paying the wages of the top 4 earners in the PL. In fairness, Utd can do that as they earn that amount of money, but it's maddening to listen to the pontification of City buying the title.

• Advertisement

4th place not gone yet lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Not as bad for me. RVP sickened me. Though I do admit to getting a little bit of bile up in my throat when I saw the pic of Sanchez in the Utd garb! He's now got the chance to earn 600m a week if all his bonuses come in. That's madness. We can't compete with that!

I see some Utd fans claiming that City have bought their way to this year's title (conceding already!). They are paying the wages of the top 4 earners in the PL. In fairness, Utd can do that as they earn that amount of money, but it's maddening to listen to the pontification of City buying the title.

No not quite as bad as Van Persie but to use your word bile inducing none the less. Anyone see that video with the piano?

☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

patrickc wrote: »
    Sanchez on about £500k per week the highest paid player in the UK WTF :confused:

Really - that's just nuts

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

He's now got the chance to earn 600m a week if all his bonuses come in. That's madness. We can't compete with that!

600 million a week! You're right, that is madness, can see why he left. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Really - that's just nuts

It's far off the mark. Looks more like 250 plus another 100 a week image rights it's still a massive wage but he scored 30 goals for ye last season and he could of moved anywhere he wanted in six months time and got an even bigger signing on fee.

If he gets back to what he did last season he will be a big addiction same as if Wengner can get the best out of miki he will be excellent for ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Its mad Utd got Sanchez and RvP for a combined 35 million and we get Welbeck and Silvestre for 20 million haha

United paid £24M for RvP, and Miki (valued at £26M) for Sanchez, so they paid £50M.

Bad enough we have this bullshít on Benchwarmers and their ilk, without having to read it in here too.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    600 million a week! You're right, that is madness, can see why he left. :)

OK... I edited my complete brain malfunction! €600k per week. 350 a week wages, 100k on image rights and another 150k bonuses for on pitch performances. That's 600k!

Absolutely nuts money. The biggest earner by a long shot in the club never mind the PL.

Anu word on Abammayang yet lads?

nou. :D

Negotiations still going on between clubs, personal terms agreed by all accounts. Gazidas and the new "not" director of football are over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Last I heard Gazidis was over there:rolleyes:...hope he doesnt f it all up.
    If we got him in this window it be one of our best transfer windows in a long while despite losing a world class player in Sanchez but sure his head wasnt at the club anymore anyway.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement