Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Even if Sanchez didn't want to leave I would have swapped him for Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang if that deal was offered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Even if Sanchez didn't want to leave I would have swapped him for Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang if that deal was offered.

That be bargain of century but ye won't get that ye will have to break your transfer record for Aubamyang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

This transfer window kind of reminds me of the one where we signed Arshavin. Out of ideas, in need of inspiration and just relying on new blood to push us over the line into 4th. It worked that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

So not bothered by Sanchez’s move and happy with what appears to be 2 coming in but really something needs to be done at the back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

This transfer window kind of reminds me of the one where we signed Arshavin. Out of ideas, in need of inspiration and just relying on new blood to push us over the line into 4th. It worked that time.

Isn't the need for inspiration and new blood pushing you on the reason for most transfers? Also we tried go sign aubameyang in the summer and mhkitaryan when utd got him. So it's not like we're just grabbing at anyone out there just to get someone in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Playing 2 up front -

1-3-2-3

would this be our best line up?

Lacazette
    Aubameyang
    Ozil
    Wilshire
    Mkhitaryan
    Ramsey
    Xhaka
    kos
    Mustafi
    monreal
    Cech5a67095b8dd5dd25d4d2abd6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Not one arsenal player wished Sanchez good luck on social media. They all pretty much did when Theo left. Shows what they thought of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Anu word on Abammayang yet lads?

Could be something breaking, 2 minutes ago (10:27) - The Sun have just tweeted that "Arsene Wenger confirms huge Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang news" - the link isn't showing anything new, but could be in the process o update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Be more like 4-2-3-1 with either Auba or Laca wide.

Cech
    Bellerin Mustafi Kos Monreal
    Xhaka Ramsey
    Mkhitaryan Ozil Aubameyang
    Lacazette

Could be something breaking, 2 minutes ago (10:27) - The Sun have just tweeted that "Arsene Wenger confirms huge Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang news" - the link isn't showing anything new, but could be in the process o update

Seeing as it's The Sun, it's probably just a rehash of what he said in the presser this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

patrickc wrote: »
    Sanchez on about £500k per week the highest paid player in the UK WTF :confused:

More then naymer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Seeing as it's The Sun, it's probably just a rehash of what he said in the presser this morning.

Haha, looks like it.....nothing like upping your hit rate with a teaser ! - I'll go back to sleep now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Would people be happy with Giroud going to Dortmund on loan as part of the Auba deal?

Can see why it would benefit Dortmund & Giroud but would leave the Europa League striker options as just Lacazette & Welbeck.

More then naymer?

France not in the UK, you're getting as bad as them claiming Irish people :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Would people be happy with Giroud going to Dortmund on loan as part of the Auba deal?

Can see why it would benefit Dortmund & Giroud but would leave the Europa League striker options as just Lacazette & Welbeck.

I would really like to keep Giroud. I think hes a great player and pretty much the best option to have coming off the bench. But if its the only way we get Auba then I can accept it. I think he is a top top player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I would really like to keep Giroud. I think hes a great player and pretty much the best option to have coming off the bench. But if its the only way we get Auba then I can accept it. I think he is a top top player

Yeah if it was a dealbreaker i'd reluctantly let him go but i'd like to keep him around if there was a way to get the deal done without him.

• Not one arsenal player wished Sanchez good luck on social media. They all pretty much did when Theo left. Shows what they thought of him

Does it? Maybe it shows the type of attitude & desire these current crop of Arsenal players have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Does it? Maybe it shows the type of attitude & desire these current crop of Arsenal players have.

What like the desire to play with team players?

Yeah, I think you're right.

What is this based on?

In any case, I'm looking forward to seeing how United line up at the front. A lot of United supporters seem to think Sanchez on the right is a good idea. He is only decent up the middle (can't see it happening), or on the left, where Martial and Rashford seem to prefer.

• Advertisement

• Ol' Donie wrote: »
    What like the desire to play with team players?

Yeah, I think you're right.

No, I'm just questioning their attitude. Maybe Sanchez has a bigger desire to be the best.
    His frustrations when playing with Arsenal can surely be understood somewhat.

• Basil3 wrote: »
    What is this based on?

In any case, I'm looking forward to seeing how United line up at the front. A lot of United supporters seem to think Sanchez on the right is a good idea. He is only decent up the middle (can't see it happening), or on the left, where Martial and Rashford seem to prefer.

See above. It's just my opinion.

Really? didn't he score a record amount of goals and assist for Barca on the right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Irish guy Mick O’Taryan is confirmized as a Soccer Cannon after his move from the Manchester Unity. Alexi Lalas Sanchez becomes a one of the Soccer Satans as part of the deal. #franchiseenhancementwindow

See above. It's just my opinion.

Really? didn't he score a record amount of goals and assist for Barca on the right.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-transfer-alexis-sanchez-14190349?_ga=2.239590147.1618001679.1516625783-380680486.1516023738

He wants to play middle or left. See how nice his attitude is if he gets forced to play where he wouldn't prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Basil3 wrote: »
    https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-transfer-alexis-sanchez-14190349?_ga=2.239590147.1618001679.1516625783-380680486.1516023738

He wants to play middle or left. See how nice his attitude is if he gets forced to play where he wouldn't prefer.

Like in his own half?

"I really like to play down the left, through the middle, but to tell you the truth, as long as I'm playing football, I'll fit in anywhere!"

Prefer? Or Want?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

What, not thinking highly of him shows their desire? What a load of shit Mick, that makes no sense whatsoever.

"I really like to play down the left, through the middle, but to tell you the truth, as long as I'm playing football, I'll fit in anywhere!"

Prefer? Or Want?

Is there a difference? Do people not want what they prefer?

• What, not thinking highly of him shows their desire? What a load of shit Mick, that makes no sense whatsoever.

I think it's debatable. You may think it's ****. That's fine.
    I'm going on the basis of plenty of his reactions in vital games he has played where the rest of the team didn't hold that type of desire he seems to show.

I could be thinking of another game altogether so open to correction but one that sticks in my mind is the one where I think Giroud equalized and Sanchez was the only player telling them to grab the ball from the net and get a move on.

Giroud was too busy doing a stupid celebration.

I'm going on the basis of plenty of his reactions in vital games he has played where the rest of the team didn't hold that type of desire he seems to show.

I could be thinking of another game altogether so open to correction but one that sticks in my mind is the one where I think Giroud equalized and Sanchez was the only player telling them to grab the ball from the net and get a move on.

You know there's multiple World Cup winners in that squad...but yeah, go on, question their desire. Look at Sanchez' desire the last 6 months, says it all.

Is there a difference? Do people not want what they prefer?

He's stating he doesn't mind and can play anyhwere.
    I don't think we will see his confirmed position until the Spurs game IMO

Yeovil could be a mix and match of squad players. I would like to see him get game-time however.

• Advertisement

Yeovil could be a mix and match of squad players. I would like to see him get game-time however.
    There's a United thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

No, I'm just questioning their attitude. Maybe Sanchez has a bigger desire to be the best.
    His frustrations when playing with Arsenal can surely be understood somewhat.

If he had desire to be the best and win things, he would've went to City. It's pretty obvious what desire made his decision to join United.

• You know there's multiple World Cup winners in that squad...but yeah, go on, question their desire. Look at Sanchez' desire the last 6 months, says it all.

I think you might find alot of Arsenal fans may think the same. I'm not absolving Wenger of anything. Ultimately he's the main problem but the players are accountable too.

TBF maybe Sanchez had enough and thought he was moving in the Summer but it didn't happen so maybe his heart was no longer in it.

Quazzie wrote: »
    If he had desire to be the best and win things, he would've went to City. It's pretty obvious what desire made his decision to join United.

He wouldn't have priced himself out of a move to Bayern Munich in the summer even before that.
    TBF maybe Sanchez had enough and thought he was moving in the Summer but it didn't happen so maybe his heart was no longer in it.

Such desire! ;)

• Quazzie wrote: »

Utd have won trophies nearly every year since Fergie left.
    And are building a team and is getting stronger and actual have some progress made. You will find even Ox Chamberlain left and probably for the same reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Auba back in training for Dortmund today. We need an Ornstein update soon!

• There's a United thread.

Tbf my posts are still Arsenal related. And yes I understand there is a Utd thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Utd have won trophies nearly every year since Fergie left.
    And are building a team and is getting stronger and actual have some progress made. You will find even Ox Chamberlain left and probably for the same reason.

So OX leaving to get more playing time in the role he prefers is relatable to Sanchez going to United somehow?

Now quiet seeing the link.

The point is. Man City (and Bayern as pointed out) are much greater chances of winning real* silverware than United are.

*leagues and champions leagues

Tbf my posts are still Arsenal related. And yes I understand there is a Utd thread.

Talking about Yeovil lineups is not even slightly Arsenal related. Sanchez is fine, that is not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

I thought City had more money than United.

• Advertisement

• Quazzie wrote: »
    So OX leaving to get more playing time in the role he prefers is relatable to Sanchez going to United somehow?

The point is. Man City (and Bayern as pointed out) are much greater chances of winning real* silverware than United are.

You surely understand it says something about the club in general that the best players and players with potential want out?

I will leave it there. Tbf only trying have a reasonable discussion.

• Talking about Yeovil lineups is not even slightly Arsenal related. Sanchez is fine, that is not.

It is in the context of Sanchez position. Which I was addressing as someone had mentioned about the position he wants to play.

I thought City had more money than United.

They weren't offering more, which is the only relevant thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

It's not that simple. When RVP joined ManUtd, City wanted him too and they were champions and "were on the rise", how it ended up? He signed for ManUtd and won the league.

Sanchez when he joined Barca, it was all conquering team and miles better than this City team. What happened? The coach who signed him left after 1 season, he won 1 league title in 3 years at Barca.

Just incase you didn't know.
    DULSyPkWAAENJx8.jpg

Also why should he join the team and coach who didn't know how to use him and admitted himself?

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Also why should he join the team and coach who didn't know how to use him and admitted himself?

He wanted to in the summer so that argument falls down very quickly.

He wanted to in the summer so that argument falls down very quickly.

When he had no other team for him and wanted out of Arsenal so badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

It was a f*cking stupid celebration.

Jesus, just remind me of that if he goes to Dortmund. It'll soften the blow considerably.

When he had no other team for him and wanted out of Arsenal so badly.

That's wrong too, Bayern were in for him until he wanted too much money. Come on, post something accurate man!

That's wrong too, Bayern were in for him until he wanted too much money. Come on, post something accurate man!

Well I was talking about Premier league teams. Not sure how much Bundesliga he likes.

Last sentence, very poor. Expected much better there but then again it's understandable with how last few days have gone. So all is well.

• Advertisement

Well I was talking about Premier league teams. Not sure how much Bundesliga he likes.

Last sentence, very poor. Expected much better there but then again it's understandable with how last few days have gone. So all is well.

You should say Premier League teams if you mean them, other teams exist.

Look, if you and Mick are going to come in here with crap arguments, then don't expect much back. "Why would he want to go to City" (ask him, he did), "Nobody in for him" "Oh I meant nobody from this subset"......awful crap lads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement