Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

its 70m in euros they want or pounds? if 70 euros, 50m in punds they offered aint far off?
    Euro. It would be mad for us not to get this done. Reminds me of Higuain penny-pinching, but with no one like Napoli (yet) ready to swoop in. Hopefully a breakthrough today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Euro. It would be mad for us not to get this done. Reminds me of Higuain penny-pinching, but with no one like Napoli (yet) ready to swoop in. Hopefully a breakthrough today.

That's what I'm afraid. Someone swooping in again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

Dortmund will drag this out for as long as they can, i would say they're hoping to drag it out until deadline day. It's within their interests to do so.

The longer it drags on though you do get the feeling he'll end up at Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

AdamD wrote: »
    I find these posts baffling. We haven't a clue whats going on, lets stop pretending we do and getting outraged over what we think is happening. You'll probably be happier for it.

Thanks for your concern.
    All that bothers me is that we won't just actually cough up. We could have possibly got Suarez a few years back and made a mess of the Higuian transfer too.(Though I accept Real played us a little) The longer this doddles along, we run the risk of someone coming over our head and snatching him. From the sales of Coq, Walcott and Ox as well as the other finances there should be plenty of funds available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Dortmund will drag this out for as long as they can, i would say they're hoping to drag it out until deadline day. It's within their interests to do so.

Not that I disagree he will end up at Chelsea, what makes you think it’s in Dortmund’s interest to drag it out? I mean, they will have a player who will most likely down tools unless they sell him to his desired club (us) and that is more hassle than it’s worth. Like was said above, I’d imagine we’ll hear more definitive news today from either Ornstein or an official source. Or maybe Arsenal are waiting until after tonight’s result in case they need to create the feel good factor after a defeat to Chelsea!!! This is the way most clubs operate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

emmetlego wrote: »
    Not that I disagree he will end up at Chelsea, what makes you think it’s in Dortmund’s interest to drag it out? I mean, they will have a player who will most likely down tools unless they sell him to his desired club (us) and that is more hassle than it’s worth.

I assume the longer Dortmund draw it out, they are hoping someone else shows interest and they might squeeze an extra few million out of it. Dortmund won't give a sh1te where he goes as long as they get their perceived value

wonga77 wrote: »
    I assume the longer Dortmund draw it out, they are hoping someone else shows interest and they might squeeze an extra few million out of it. Dortmund won't give a sh1te where he goes as long as they get their perceived value

That makes perfect sense, now that you say it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

They need to get a replacement in though, so leaving it til the last minute may not be to their advantage. See Sanchez and Lemar.

Giroud may be the trump card seeing as they were looking for him in the summer.

They need to get a replacement in though, so leaving it til the last minute may not be to their advantage. See Sanchez and Lemar.

Giroud may be the trump card seeing as they were looking for him in the summer.
    Really doesn't matter. Payments aren't made up front (maybe 20%) and even then there's plenty of time for a payment to go through.

• Advertisement

Really doesn't matter. Payments aren't made up front (maybe 20%) and even then there's plenty of time for a payment to go through.

I'm not talking about payments i meant convincing players to sign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Lol why drag Henry in to this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

starting to get a little edgy. It is beginning to feel more and more like the Higuain deal. Everyone was convinced he was an Arsenal player and then he turns out in a Napoli kit.

I'm not talking about payments i meant convincing players to sign
    Fair enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

To be honest, I can't see that happening (a new club swooping in) Sven is a former Dortmund man and left on good terms, I'd be amazed if there wasn't a gentleman's agreement of some description in place. It's in Dortmunds best interest to placate him too for future dealings. It's who you know in the end which is probably what has screwed us over before.

We'll get Auba, now whether he salvages us the season or not is a different story.

That’s actually a worry I have. I’ve been pinning our hopes on Aubamayang and Mkhitaryan linking up to anything near the standards they had together in Dortmund, but Mkhitaryan has been off colours for a good few months can linking up with Wenger make him good again (not confident in that) or are we relying on Aubamayang to re-create the spark?

Ordinarily I’d be excited at a new signing of Mkhitaryan’s quality, but I’m anything but. Hopefully this comes back and bites me in the ass!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just dropping in pre game to say good luck tonight, the winner will get to watch City lift the trophy in a few weeks. :pac:

Anyway on Aubameyang (sp), AFAIK, theres no interest from Chelsea.

None of the more ITK Chlsea journos are reporting any interest and at the price point and age, I cant see Chelsea going after him.

Should be a free run at him for Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

GavRedKing wrote: »

Just dropping in pre game to say good luck tonight, the winner will get to watch City lift the trophy in a few weeks. :pac:

None of the more ITK Chlsea journos are reporting any interest and at the price point and age, I cant see Chelsea going after him.

should be close enough tonight. 3 matches this season and 3 draws (4 if you include the Community Shield)

greendom wrote: »
    should be close enough tonight. 3 matches this season and 3 draws (4 if you include the Community Shield)

Wenger certainly has the upper hand over Conte.

Its impossible to call really, I think we'll probably go stronger than Arsenal but it wont mean anything.

I'd be happy if Chelsea went 3-4-3 and with Morata and Cesc both out, I'd expect us to do exactly that.

Barkley could play in a 3-5-2 but I dont think Conte trusts Michy to perform on his own, he barely plays when Morata is out at the best of times.

Its one of those games because who you'd play in the final, I cant get up for, it would be nice to beat Arsenal, of course, but youre on a hiding to nothing in the final then so theres no winners here......except City. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

If chelsea agree to that I am sure we could agree to not go after Carroll or Crouch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Wenger certainly has the upper hand over Conte.

Its impossible to call really, I think we'll probably go stronger than Arsenal but it wont mean anything.

I'd be happy if Chelsea went 3-4-3 and with Morata and Cesc both out, I'd expect us to do exactly that.

Barkley could play in a 3-5-2 but I dont think Conte trusts Michy to perform on his own, he barely plays when Morata is out at the best of times.

Its one of those games because who you'd play in the final, I cant get up for, it would be nice to beat Arsenal, of course, but youre on a hiding to nothing in the final then so theres no winners here......except City. :o

I don't get this hiding to nothing lark. I suppose it was for Bristol City but if Chelsea and Arsenal start viewing anyone as some impossible mountain to climb in a one off game we're all rightly screwed. Arsenal beat them at Wembley last season, Liverpool beat them last week. They're good but come on!

• Advertisement

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I don't get this hiding to nothing lark. I suppose it was for Bristol City but if Chelsea and Arsenal start viewing anyone as some impossible mountain to climb in a one off game we're all rightly screwed. Arsenal beat them at Wembley last season, Liverpool beat them last week. They're good but come on!

If we got there I wouldnt completely write us off, neither would I write off Arsenal, but Citys best XI is pretty damn good, of course in a final anything is possible but I wouldnt be overly confident. :o

You'd need a lot to go your way to catch them out on the day, like Liverpool.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/956240253190393856

Same team as palace, Rambo back on the bench.

Oh, and Ospina in goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Hate seeing Ospina in goal. I've zero confidence in him at all.

We sold the wrong keeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,416 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I seriously hope it doesn't go to penalties with the keepers we have.

Would much rather have Ospina than Cech for penalties

Basil3 wrote: »
    Would much rather have Ospina than Cech for penalties
    Me too but I don't believe his record is much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ospina is all well and good (or not) but our chances here probably depend on whether or not our attack clicks tonight.

I'm hopeful.

(Although in truth, I'm mostly just here to watch Ozil).

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Ospina is all well and good (or not) but our chances here probably depend on whether or not our attack clicks tonight.

I'm hopeful.

(Although in truth, I'm mostly just here to watch Ozil).

I'd be more worried by the defence. We've been lucky against Chelsea in that the great chances fell to Morata who couldn't hit a barn door on any occasion against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think this is our game to lose to be honest

• Advertisement

Are we expecting Jack to play on the right? It's hardly elneny in a back 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Nah we're definitiely playing 4 at the back Wenger said it in his pre match interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Sloppy for 5 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

We've started terribly.

Too easy

Cut open. Shambles FC

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

wrong quoted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Well that was easy.

• Advertisement

That's what I was afraid of. We have no defenders worth a damn. Not being addressed either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Too easy
    Way too easy. You could have driven an articulated lorry through that gap. Only thing is, it's very early in the game. No need for you lot to panic yet.

Well not now

wrong quoted

Which wish is this? There won't be penalties.

Which wish is this? There won't be penalties.

Meant to post Tatyo Lover yes no penalties

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Why does Iwobi start all the time
    Hes not improved at all

• Advertisement

BAHAHAHAHAHA!

1-1 Monreal or Mustafi or whoever. This should be a good match.

Nacho lol

finish kid

high scoring game coming

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement