Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

pudzey101 wrote: »
    naaahhh 100% Iwobi :cool: haha

He should have done much better with the chance, but he's actually played quite well today. Monreal or Ozil easily MOTM though.

Elneny doing some decent defensive work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

ozil frustrated cant blame him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

5star02707 wrote: »
    ozil frustrated cant blame him

That linesman has got a lot of calls wrong

Solid Ospina, MOTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Kolasinac looks drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Never seen us give the ball away so much ffs

Wembly :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

To the home of Spurs we go!

• Advertisement

Waaaay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Aww ref, why'd ya blow it up before Ozil had a chance to blast it into an empty net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Delighted, 3rd time lucky with the League Cup.

Excited about watching a final I gotta say.

Cup team!

Nothing to lose in the final playing the giants of English football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

So much team spirit now you can just sense it with the players ;)

Delighted with that, love beating that shower. Terrible start but impressed with how they responded after. Lots of focus and hard work. Monreal & Ozil great, Jack good if hit and miss. Elneny doing a lot of good work.

Bring on City!

• Advertisement

Before the goal when Bellerin put in the cross and there was no-one there was a perfect example of why we're going out.
    Dick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

lads having war with a friend here is mhiki entitled to a winners/runners up medal even though hes cup tied with us ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

lads having war with a friend here is mhiki entitled to a winners/runners up medal even though hes cup tied with us ?

I don't think so because he wouldn't be in the squad for the competition.

I'd imagine not, seeing as he's played for United and won't be allowed be included in any of the Arsenal squads in the tournament.

Wenger the codger will probably win a cup double and sign a new deal lol.

At least it’s a bit more enjoyable watching us play. Onwards and upwards.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    I don't think so because he wouldn't be in the squad for the competition.

cheers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Congrats lads.

Only seen the first 30mins and last 5 over training so can't comment on anything in between.

Hope ye go on and lift the trophy now, upset City's season a bit for the rest of us. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Following arsenal is like a rollercoaster!!

Every week it's up and down, madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

That was good. Good application from all the players and they fought hard to rectify any mistakes. At least they all looked interested tonight anyway. Monreal is such a class act, has a great reading of the game and is always making vital interceptions.
    Elneny played well but is very limited, he looks a bit scared at times with the ball waiting for someone to take it from him, still he makes the interceptions and breaks up the play which is why he's there.
    My only gripe was that we gave away the ball very cheaply at times, so many missed passes, we were lucky that Chelsea were doing the exact same.
    Back in a final, how bad...

omega man wrote: »
    Wenger the codger will probably win a cup double and sign a new deal lol.

At least it’s a bit more enjoyable watching us play. Onwards and upwards.

Seems to have the Indian Sign over Conte for some reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Arsenal could have Abamyang for the Cup Final now. Provided we go the extra few bob and sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Delighted with that , Podcast will be fun to talk about Arsenal for once haha

I'll give credit where due that's a solid performance to a man. Real team performance.

Jack Wilshere is the leader of that team!!

I won't kid myself, a cup or cup double wouldn't be enough as our standards should be higher than that and we actually proved we are as good as anyone when we knuckle down.

At the same time we should fight tooth and nail for what's left of this season and set some form of basis going forward

Monreal really showing what a massive loss he was the last few weeks aswell

naaahhh 100% Iwobi :cool: haha

Thought Iwobi was solid tbh. Done alot of tracking and had a tidy game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Thought Iwobi was solid tbh. Done alot of tracking and had a tidy game

he wasn't perfect but plenty of positives in his play

• I think Arsenal are slowly becoming my second favourite team :)

All jokes aside enjoy chaps, that was a solid win!

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I think Arsenal are slowly becoming my second favourite team :)

All jokes aside enjoy chaps, that was a solid win!

Arsenal are the perfect 2nd team you can enjoy the good stuff and not care about the bad stuff......both are plentiful

• Arsenal are the perfect 2nd team you can enjoy the good stuff and not care about the bad stuff......both are plentiful

Well I hope you bate the ****e out of City

greendom wrote: »
    he wasn't perfect but plenty of positives in his play

An honest performance at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

50 m sterling refused for Aubamayang by Sky sports... 50?? Get the fu** and give them 65 and get it done FFS! Penny pinching f*****s!

emmetlego wrote: »
    50 m sterling refused for Aubamayang by Sky sports... 50?? Get the fu** and give them 65 and get it done FFS! Penny pinching f*****s!

naahhh do a wenger give em 51 and see what happens :D:D confident wel land him but can see giroud goin as a PX

Tbf it says "in excess" of 50m. We'll see soon.

• Advertisement

29 year old player who is not really getting on well with his club though at the same time. We'll get it over the line alright but it will go down to the wire id imagine

I don't get how the equaliser was an OG. If it was on target it should be Monreal's goal. Lampard got enough of them. :pac: Like if a shot is deflected and the keeper gets a hand to it before it goes in it doesn't count as an own goal.

I don't get how the equaliser was an OG. If it was on target it should be Monreal's goal. Lampard got enough of them. :pac: Like if a shot is deflected and the keeper gets a hand to it before it goes in it doesn't count as an own goal.

Going in, but after the initial deflection from Alonso, it's going wide. Then it hits Rudiger on the head (comically :D) and goes in, so it's an OG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Thought the better team won on the night, though reckon city would have wiped the floor with both of them, unfortunately.

Really think its crucial now that we get the Aubameyang (sp) signing over the line ASAP & more importantly still get Ozil to re-sign. The longer this drags on the more desperate I feel that he'll be off to United or Bayern Munich on a free. But if we could get him to commit to a new deal the statement of intent would be clear. End up with neither & well, you know the rest.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭rodders999

Great win, now let's go on to Wembley and finish the job! I have so many painful memories of this competition it's beyond time to put it right.

The Champagne Charlie '87 final I just can't remember and sadly as it happens my first ever Arsenal memory is that bastard Luton Town final in '88. Oh how I cried......and cried.......and cried. ****ing Stein brothers.

'93 and Sheffield Wednesday in the first part of the cup double was great apart from Big Tone trying to kill Steve Morrow during the celebrations. Loved that kit and the goal by Merse was an absolute beauty.

Then there was the time Wenger played the second string against Chelsea in Cardiff. The Boy Wonder scored his first goal for us before we got roasted by Drogba AGAIN and a bit of a brawl at the death just completed the misery. If only he'd played our strongest 11 that day we'd have won.....criminal to throw away a trophy like that.

And finally the Birmingham debacle, the day we just had to end our trophy draught, which turned into total calamity at the end. Oh that was peak Banter Era stuff right there.

So we're due one in this competition, over due one in my book, so let's go and do it now! I deserve it above all else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I have just read that Abamayang is 29 years old now. Players are supposed to peak at 27/28 years so we will have him at a good enough age for another 3 years. Hope he comes anyway. I don't know much about these foreign footballeers.

My question is should we not have gone all out last summer for the young and also proven goalscorer Mbappy who is now only approaching 19 years. We could have tied him down with a good contract for years ahead.

I'm just saying that for the extra money last summer we could have had great value for years to come. Even if we get Abamayang we will probably be looking to replace in 3 years again, that's if he's not looking to leave due to the same reasons RVP and Sanchez left anyway.

He's 28.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I dont think Mbappe was a proven goalscorer though, afaik as I know he had a good 6 month spell and that was what people based him on.

I have just read that Abamayang is 29 years old now. Players are supposed to peak at 27/28 years so we will have him at a good enough age for another 3 years. Hope he comes anyway. I don't know much about these foreign footballeers.

My question is should we not have gone all out last summer for the young and also proven goalscorer Mbappy who is now only approaching 19 years. We could have tied him down with a good contract for years ahead.

I'm just saying that for the extra money last summer we could have had great value for years to come. Even if we get Abamayang we will probably be looking to replace in 3 years again, that's if he's not looking to leave due to the same reasons RVP and Sanchez left anyway.

Don't think Mbappe was really an option for us. I know we could have done it, but you need a combination of the player wanting to come, and us being able to pay more wages than anyone else who was going after him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

We had zero chance of competing with PSG for Mbappé.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement