Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotify getting more customers from Microsoft Groove

• 08-10-2017 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭

I found an email today from Microsoft notifying Groove Music Pass customers that they are to partner up with Spotify after the 31st of December 2017. As of the 2nd of October 2017, which was 6 days ago, the option to purchase a Groove Music Pass for new customers has been discontinued from that date.

The option to stream, purchase, download music or music videos on Groove Music will be discontinued after the 31st of December 2017.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4046109/groove-music-and-spotify-faq

I currently don't have a music pass for Groove anymore as I cancelled my pass since last April in my Microsoft account. It says in the FAQs that Groove Music who had a Music pass will be able to have a free 60 day account on Spotify Premium or to a Spotify Free account with adverts. What I am asking here is that am I going to have my collection moved from Groove Music to Spotify if my Toshiba Satellite laptop passes all the requirements to allow the transition?

There is another thing I did over the summer with my music collection on Groove. I did back-up most of my purchased MP3 singles & albums from Groove to blank CD-R's by burning them on Windows Media Player. I am missing stuff from Groove Music like soundtracks from Batman Under the Red Hood Score, Batman Arkham City Score, Take That III due to recording companies taking the albums off me due to albums being sold with newer editions or from a limit of album downloads from Groove.

Will I able to use the missing albums that I used to have on Groove to be played on Spotify?

Did anyone on boards use Groove Music before? I had been a subscriber to it's Irish service for 2 years but I didn't know it had an option to purchase music videos as well as mp3's because I didn't see that option being offered in the app. Any thoughts on this.

Advertisement