Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go out in the city?

Options
  • 08-10-2017 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere but I'm looking to organise a night out for old college buddies in November. I actually live in Galway but have young kids and haven't really been out for the past few years :) we all met in Galway in the 90s and went to the likes of liquid in salthill or other grungy places. Do such places still exist on a Saturday night apart from sally longs? I've checked Monroe's live and roisin dubh listings and cant find much. Anywhere new I'm missing? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Do you want a pub that opens late and has live bands? The Quays fits that description and has a good mix of ages. The roisin dubh or monroes too both have late bars and bands too (varied mix of bands).
    If it's more of a nightclub you want maybe try Halo (slightly older than the other clubs).

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 14,510 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

You might hear the odd nineties throwback in The Roisin on a Saturday night, but in general you won't hear too much rock music if your out and about these days, apart from Sally's of course.

Advertisement