Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviation & Aircraft moderation issue

Options
  • 08-10-2017 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭

I wish to discuss the unbalanced moderation in Aviation & Aircraft.

This post by CoisFharraige was posted on the Ryanair thread a couple of days ago. I reported it for inflammatory and possible defamatory posting, mainly for the statement about the IALPA.
    My parents used to own a well-known post-production media company here. They are lovely people, a lovely businessman and woman, and they did very well. The staff absolutely loved working there, were paid well and on time, had days off whenever they had family business (within reason), and all the normal entitlements anybody would expect. They had a very large workforce when compared with other similar post-prod companies.
    The biggest project they ever undertook had a budget well into the many millions of €. They hired in 100s of extras, extra cameramen - the lot. These new crew brought with them some horrible union reps one day, and asked to come onto the live-set. They were granted access, and submitted complaints because they didn't have a health and safety rep for some random section which in some loophole they found was needed because the crews weren't from the company, and weren't familiar with procedures. The union shut the whole set down, the project crashed, and the company lost millions and millions of €. Shy of 50 workers were left without a job within a month.

Unions, in the words of my father, 'are a load of f*cking b*ll*cks'. The reps are the whingiest people you can ever meet when they're looking for such unnecessary things, you'd wonder why on earth some of the IALPA reps are more eager to negotiate than the FR drivers themselves, and APA? That's a another story...

Of course people need representatives, but I wish some of the APA and IALPA representatives would get their heads out of the very high cloud ceiling and into the bloody cockpit. They do not have the FR guys' needs in their heads, they want to screw over any company they can get at.

If only Michael was good to the pilots and set a bit of an example to management. I wish he would be able to realise that he could be so proud with a drop in profits, yet still own the largest airline in the world, and knowing his pilots are some of the best out there (which they are), are getting home safe to their families every night in a base that isn't as far away from their home as possible. It would be the best airline to work for, without a shadow of a doubt.

not only was my report ignored twice, but the post was thanked by an A&A moderator and another moderator from commuting & transport.

My reply to CoisFharraige on the other hand was immediately deleted and I received a ban for defamatory posting. My post was based completely on information given in the anti-union anecdote, just having a different viewpoint on the story.

my post:
    Originally Posted by KCAccidental
    Originally Posted by CoisFharraige
    My parents used to own a well-known post-production media company here. They are lovely people, a lovely businessman and woman, and they did very well. The staff absolutely loved working there, were paid well and on time, had days off whenever they had family business (within reason), and all the normal entitlements anybody would expect. They had a very large workforce when compared with other similar post-prod companies.
    The biggest project they ever undertook had a budget well into the many millions of €. They hired in 100s of extras, extra cameramen - the lot. These new crew brought with them some horrible union reps one day, and asked to come onto the live-set. They were granted access, and submitted complaints because they didn't have a health and safety rep for some random section which in some loophole they found was needed because the crews weren't from the company, and weren't familiar with procedures. The union shut the whole set down, the project crashed, and the company lost millions and millions of €. Shy of 50 workers were left without a job within a month.
    Translation: My parents company were cutting costs by failing to comply with Health & Safety regulation on set and were punished for it.

Perhaps if they had complied with the law in the first place they wouldn't have cost those jobs.

I work in production and the battle for proper health & Safety on shoots is well needed. Cost cutting leads to injury and deaths.

http://nypost.com/2015/03/09/movie-d...d-crew-member/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_Zone_accident

So my question is, if my post is defamatory, how is CoisFharraige's not and why was his post not acted upon when reported?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You have tried to make the same complaint in Feedback, and that will be looked at in due course, either there or in Help Desk

I am closing this thread as you have not indicated you are disputing any card or ban

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement