Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AerLingus regional for first time

Options
  • 08-10-2017 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

I am well used to travelling and fly a couple of times a year to Europe and North America. I am flying with Aer Lingus regional (Eddie Stobart) for the first time this weekend. SNN-EDI

My questions are :
    As I’m 6ft6, I usually prebook emergency exits on other planes for the extra leg room. As the flight is only 90mins, would ye recommend I book seats?

Anyone any experience with this flight?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

There is decent leg room on the ATR’s

The seats are the thin style which give you plenty of leg room. I’m 6ft and have no issues, and actually have a few inches to spare.

The ATR’s board from the rear, so if booking a seat book row 17 or 18 (18 is the last row, but if the plane is not full, the flight attendants sometimes like to keep row 18 clear so they can sit there and have their lunch)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Oh good to know, thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭ricimaki

I'm 6ft 3, and my only issue was having to duck ever so slightly when walking up the aisle, as the ceiling is a bit lower than the Airbus fleet. I flew from Birmingham to Shannon sat in row 1, and thought the leg room was good.

As well as boarding from the rear, i found it interesting that the cargo hold is in the front of the plane, between the cabin and the cockpit. For some reason i assumed it was in the rear of those ATR's

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Flown Stobart to London from Shannon a couple of times and they are fairly cramped but you should be fine.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

callaway92 wrote: »
    Flown Stobart to London from Shannon a couple of times and they are fairly cramped but you should be fine.
    I don't ever recall them doing Shannon-London route

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Locker10a wrote: »
    I don't ever recall them doing Shannon-London route

You know what, It actually might have been Shannon to Manchester. They are very early morning flight iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭crisco10

I actually find the ATR's MORE spacious than the Airbus' that Aer Lingus operate - no middle seats so every seat is aisle or window. Combined with the flights frequently being undersold, this means that the experience is a bit more spacious!

(aside from overhead bins, they are pretty small)

Advertisement