Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there something wrong with this (Sub-ohm heat question)

• 08-10-2017 9:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭

I dipped my toe in sub-ohm vaping with the Nautilis 2 and 0.7 coils..

Tempted by a BA here, I now have a tank at 0.26 ohms.

I'm vaping at, what I thought a very modest 35watts, just over 3volts, which is what I use on the Nautilis, but the tank, and by extension the mod (Eleaf Aster RT, a big block of metal essentially, which it seems is acting as a heatsink to the recessed tank) are getting rather hot, to the point that I feel I better let it cool a bit.

Is this a normal by-product of sub-ohm, or is this thing gonna blow?

By the way, and unsure if related, the coil lets out the odd pop when you vape.

Would appreciate some advice, particularly if it results in me not blowing half my face off :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

UsedToWait wrote: »

I'm vaping at, what I thought a very modest 35watts, just over 3volts, which is what I use on the Nautilis, but the tank, and by extension the mod (Eleaf Aster RT, a big block of metal essentially, which it seems is acting as a heatsink to the recessed tank) are getting rather hot, to the point that I feel I better let it cool a bit.

Would appreciate some advice, particularly if it results in me not blowing half my face off :o

What tank are you using at 35w?

Is it the melo that came with it?

Do you chain vape it alot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

What tank are you using at 35w?

Is it the melo that came with it?

Do you chain vape it alot?

Hiya, yes and I suppose so to the above, but not glued to the face chain vaping, maybe 6 or 8 draws and it (the glass particularly) gets wicked hot..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

Hiya, yes and I suppose so to the above, but not glued to the face chain vaping, maybe 6 or 8 draws and it (the glass particularly) gets wicked hot..

Im not too familiar with that setup but i know tanks i have with stock coils that low can get warm even at that wattage.

The fact the tank is set into the mod and your hand is around it would make me think it would heat up a bit alright.

I dont think its anything to worry about, probably just down to the design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I agree with everything Stuart has said,I normally vape a 0.26 coil around the 40ish watts,depends on the tank & liquid,is it the stock coil or the rebuildable on the Melo.
    Popping noises will happen on certain juices,wicking can cause this popping if there is not enough cotton in the coil,less cotton will cause little air pockets & that makes the coil spit/pop,make sure the cotton is snug in the coil.

Advertisement