Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long for Enduring Power of Attorney to come through

Options
  • 08-10-2017 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi there,

I have just put a deposit on a house and I was told that the vendors have to get an Enduring Power of Attorney before it can all go through. My solicitor isn't very good with giving me information. So I am here to ask how long it normally takes, I know about the 5 week waiting period and as far as I know that has passed and the documents are in the courts, so now I am just wondering how long it will take.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Suggest your solicitor is your best source. (S)he would be able to liaise with other side

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Clerxy82

Yea I have been doing that, but as I mentioned my solicitor isn't giving me much information. He is actually blatantly ignoring my requests for more information. Which is why I came here to see if anyone had experience of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 alexw

OP, could be 3-4 months I’m afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Clerxy82

Ah ok. Thanks a million for your response alexw

Advertisement