Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New post structure

Options
  • 08-10-2017 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

There is a new post structure being implemented this coming academic year ( based on the proposed model from 2014). Does anybody know when this will be unveiled or the exact details of what it will entail? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

There is a new post structure being implemented this coming academic year ( based on the proposed model from 2014). Does anybody know when this will be a 171 a

or the exact details of what it will entail? Thanks!

Photo taken from the into magazine if that helps, circular 0063/2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

The post primary circular was due about a week ago but it has been postponed. Schools have now been told to operate off the old circular so that says to me that a long delay is expected. The only thing I have heard about the circular itself is that the greatest alleviation will come for schools that have missed out on the extreme deputy principal e.g. below 700 students but above 400.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭liverpool lad

A delay? That's stressful. So schools with vacant posts due to the moritorium will be left vacant until this is released. We are in a school with under 700 students (hitting around 640) and had heard about the realignment of posts but unfortunately it seems we will all still be waiting. Intrigued at how it will be

fall wrote: »
    The post primary circular was due about a week ago but it has been postponed. Schools have now been told to operate off the old circular so that says to me that a long delay is expected. The only thing I have heard about the circular itself is that the greatest alleviation will come for schools that have missed out on the extreme deputy principal e.g. below 700 students but above 400.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

A delay? That's stressful. So schools with vacant posts due to the moritorium will be left vacant until this is released. We are in a school with under 700 students (hitting around 640) and had heard about the realignment of posts but unfortunately it seems we will all still be waiting. Intrigued at how it will be

The department are trying to attach a lot of strings to the new structure. The unions are pushing back against them, and rightly so. Short term benefit v long term pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

If the primary circular is anything to go by it's not going to be much of a restoration. Most primary schools have lost significantly compared to what they had under the old allocations.

• Advertisement

Really? I wonder what the reasoning is. Management told us at a staff meeting today that it is imminent for Post Primary and coming extremely soon. I have a feeling it won't be here until well after the midterm break though.
    If the primary circular is anything to go by it's not going to be much of a restoration. Most primary schools have lost significantly compared to what they had under the old allocations.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭feardeas

Heard it was imminent also and that there was some disagreement with appeal procedure. Would be helpful to have some clarity over what might happen. The primary one was issued in September and think appeals can only be on procedure under that. Now of course there could be more in terms of the disagreement. If some management's are saying it is close then they must have heard that from the management bodies. The feeling seems to be it will come but that some can be filled under old circumstances e.g As they may have been promoted to DP in that wave last May. Suppose there's some small progress and a lot more than the has been for a good while.

Have we any more Information about this? Or when it is likely to be unveiled?

Advertisement