Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of removing shower and installing bath

Options
  • 08-10-2017 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

We have just gone sale agreed on house and the previous owners have taken the bath out of the main bathroom and installed a shower in it's place leaving the house with no bath. We have a small child so definately need a bath. Would anyone have even a rough estimate of the cost involved in going back to the bath. Looked on right price tiles and the corner bath we want is 550. Obviously there is variables like how much tiling needs to be done but would the labour cost be 500 or 5000? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Abel Gideon

We have just gone sale agreed on house and the previous owners have taken the bath out of the main bathroom and installed a shower in it's place leaving the house with no bath. We have a small child so definately need a bath. Would anyone have even a rough estimate of the cost involved in going back to the bath. Looked on right price tiles and the corner bath we want is 550. Obviously there is variables like how much tiling needs to be done but would the labour cost be 500 or 5000? Thanks in advance

If the supply and drain pipes are still there from the old bath I would guess around 250 - 300 for labour.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If the supply and drain pipes are still there from the old bath I would guess around 250 - 300 for labour.

I'd add another 300-400 for tiling- the tiling is probably going to work out more expensive than plumbing the bath.........

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

Put down a grand and if you have change, then all good. A bath will be a few hundred, installing it a few hundred and tiling will cost a few hundred aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭leonffrench

Thanks everyone for your replies. Good to have ballpark figure for when I get quotes. Thanks a lot

Advertisement