Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does anyone else take a deep breath before pumping petrol?

• 09-10-2017 12:34am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭

I always forget to take the breath before I start pumping and have to pause, walk away, take the breath, and then walk back. The trick is to take the breath before you start pumping!

You know there's benzene in it! Or maybe there isn't anymore, but it's still bad.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

No way are you OK hun...,

Suck in them fumes um um them petrol fumes....

Really should stop sniffing the lighter fluid there pal.

I filled her up earlier. She is so durty

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I've never heard of this in my life.

Those filling stations where they fill up the car for you must go through several hypoxic dead employees a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I don't drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

And you cant step on a crack and you have to wave to a magpie if one passes by or else bad things will happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Lily you're a mad one for the petrol tonight

1 fill and she is yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

What about daysul?

Noveight wrote: »
    What about daysul?

Is she a daysil though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Noveight wrote: »
    What about daysul?

400 ltrs of the stuff easy...clip the pump into the on position and head back inside for a smoke...cant be breathing in those dirty diesel fumes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I taste it to see if it's made from sweet light crude which is delicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

are you not putting it in all the way or something, fumes shouldn't be that bad?

anyway, stick it in, click it to auto and go wash the windscreen is the usual over here.
    Can't do that in Ireland though because its super especially dangerous and has to be banned to protect all the retards and numpties who can't complete simple tasks correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I don't stand over the open petrol cap. That's why we generally have long arms!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭elperello

The price of it takes my breath away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I always forget to take the breath before I start pumping ...

Pumping?

Lots of "pumping talk" I always take a breath before I start pumping, breathless pumping etc.

Curious terminology I've not come across before. Are you filling her up Sir? well yes indeed I'm just doing a bit of 'pumping' ...
    Thinking of some old manual hand pumps in India or Africa like they have for water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

You don't actually need to stand anywhere near the pump. the fuel cap on the car fits in between the handle on the pump and keeps the flow going, then it automatically stops when the tank is close to full. Just pop the cap into the pump handle and walk away, go back when it stops filling and pop the cap back out when it's finished.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Pictures Of Lilly

are you not putting it in all the way or something, fumes shouldn't be that bad?
    it's not that they're bad, but that they're bad for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I love the smell of petrol, it's one of my favourite smells. Fúck the benzene - we all gotta die sometime!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

You don't actually need to stand anywhere near the pump. the fuel cap on the car fits in between the handle on the pump and keeps the flow going, then it automatically stops when the tank is close to full. Just pop the cap into the pump handle and walk away, go back when it stops filling and pop the cap back out when it's finished.

What happens if you've only a tenner in your pocket....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭badabing106

Does anyone shack the petrol guzzle gun at end, like they would their willly, To get every single last drop out?

Advertisement