Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi calling on pre pay

Options
  • 09-10-2017 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi I have an iPhone 7 Plus which I just ported over to eir and I can’t get WiFi calling to working I keep getting the message to allow WiFi calling on this account contact meteor, can someone turn this in for me please I’m on a €20 pre pay plan. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Sharp2012 wrote: »
    Hi I have an iPhone 7 Plus which I just ported over to eir and I can’t get WiFi calling to working I keep getting the message to allow WiFi calling on this account contact meteor, can someone turn this in for me please I’m on a €20 pre pay plan. Thank you

I think it’s only available for bill pay customers at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Sharp2012

Darren 83 wrote: »
    I think it’s only available for bill pay customers at the moment.

Oh ok thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Its also only available if you buy the phone off of eir so doubt you be able to get it even it becomes available on prepay

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Sharp2012

Its also only available if you buy the phone off of eir so doubt you be able to get it even it becomes available on prepay

The option is there on the iPhone when you insert an eir sim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Question for you eir eifi calling people. Does your landline/wifi provider have to be eir for it to work? Or just the phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

The option is there on the iPhone when you insert an eir sim

It might be there but it wont work unless phone is purchased from eir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Sharp2012, 

Thanks for contacting us today. 

The WiFi calling service is for bill pay customers only I'm afraid. The phone also needs to be purchased through ourselves for the service to work.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Hi Tracy would you be able to have a look at my question above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Question for you eir eifi calling people. Does your landline/wifi provider have to be eir for it to work? Or just the phone?
    Apologies sentient_6 I missed you somehow :rolleyes:

Your WiFi provider does not have to be eir. The handset needs to be purchased through ourselves and your plan needs to be WiFi calling enabled for the service to work. 

If you have both these factors the service will work for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement