If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon AVR-X6400H + Atmos Question

Options
  • 09-10-2017 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭

How's it going lads,
    looking to upgrade soon to the new Denon range from a SC-LX88, as well as looking to add in a pair of KEF R50s into my current setup. 
    Noticed the 6400 has only been added recently onto the site, so just wondering as to whether stock is on hand as it appears to be only slowly filtering into some of the UK stores over the last number of weeks ?

Can't hurt to ask, but may have an outside possibility of switching out an aging center speaker for a MA or KEF option if there were any good deals possibly in play to bundle with the other items.

Appreciate any response lads. Cheers.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

McDermotX wrote: »
    How's it going lads,
    looking to upgrade soon to the new Denon range from a SC-LX88, as well as looking to add in a pair of KEF R50s into my current setup. 
    Noticed the 6400 has only been added recently onto the site, so just wondering as to whether stock is on hand as it appears to be only slowly filtering into some of the UK stores over the last number of weeks ?

Can't hurt to ask, but may have an outside possibility of switching out an aging center speaker for a MA or KEF option if there were any good deals possibly in play to bundle with the other items.

Appreciate any response lads. Cheers.
    Hey McDermotX.

Yip the NEW 6400 has hit our store and we have stock sitting ready.

It is one cracking bit of kit.
    I could do a deal on the 6400 and the KEF R50's at £2500 delivery.

If you wanted to add the Monitor Audio Silver centre I could do it for £305.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202773-monitor-audio-silver-c150.aspx

I also have one the the older version of silver centre (Just been replaced by the above). Reduced to £299 to clear. - Gloss black finish only.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-12569-black-gloss-316893.aspx
    I could drop to £275.00 on these.

KEF have the Q650C priced at £549.00 which I could drop to £500.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202817-q650c.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Any questions drop me a post.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Just to whet your appetite - the Denon AVRX6400 has today just been announced as the winner of the What Hi-Fi Best Home Cinema Amp over £1000:
    https://www.whathifi.com/awards/2017/home-cinema-amplifiers

Have a look at the 5 star detailed review here:
    https://www.whathifi.com/denon/avr-x6400h/review

I'll work you out some Boardie ;) pricing on the AVRX6400 bundle with an excellent centre speaker! and post it in the morning when I hit the office..

Lots of stock available :)

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Thanks for the replies gents.....appreciate it.

The 6400 does appear to sound the business, and think I might go down that route. Was going back and forth between the Yamahas or waiting to see what the Denon 6400 or 4400 turned out like after the previews earlier in the summer. Can't go wrong with either range it seems.
    My Pioneer still does it's job very well, but I'm at the point where I'd like to have a clear HDCP2.2 path through my setup, especially with all the various sources hooked up.
    You guys came through big time last year with my LG E6 purchase, so I was hoping to do business again when the time came round to switch out the receiver.

£2500 for the AVR and R50s sounds brilliant Kenny, and the Q650C for 500 is very, very tempting. That would be black finish on that as well Kenny, yes ? Never got on with any colour other than black in my components ! Wee bit on the large side for the shelf, but can make a few adjustments. Sounds like a decent bundle men, though will check in tomorrow John to see what you have in mind ;)    

Thanks again lads.   

Thanks for the replies gents.....appreciate it.

The 6400 does appear to sound the business, and think I might go down that route. Was going back and forth between the Yamahas or waiting to see what the Denon 6400 or 4400 turned out like after the previews earlier in the summer. Can't go wrong with either range it seems.
    My Pioneer still does it's job very well, but I'm at the point where I'd like to have a clear HDCP2.2 path through my setup, especially with all the various sources hooked up.
    You guys came through big time last year with my LG E6 purchase, so I was hoping to do business again when the time came round to switch out the receiver.

£2500 for the AVR and R50s sounds brilliant Kenny, and the Q650C for 500 is very, very tempting. That would be black finish on that as well Kenny, yes ? Never got on with any colour other than black in my components ! Wee bit on the large side for the shelf, but can make a few adjustments. Sounds like a decent bundle men, though will check in tomorrow John to see what you have in mind ;)    

Thanks again lads.   

No problem at all McDermotX.

Let me know what pricing John quotes you.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi McDermotX,

( Thanks @Kenny!)

OK here is a Boardie bundle deal - and I promise you wont get a better deal!

Denon AVRX6400 - £2099
    https://www.whathifi.com/denon/avr-x6400h/review

KEF R50 Atmos ( pair) - £599
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201547-atmos.aspx

KEF Q650 Centre - £549

The total is £3247 - I can do you a Boardie bundle at £2849 / €3249 ( Yep you'r right - that's Euro for pound!)

All available in black from stock for delivery this week :)

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Sounds good at that bundle price John+Kenny :) 

Will pull the trigger on it then, plus whatever the delivery would be down to Dublin if thats not included. PM and let us know whats the best way to get the funds to you. Thanks again.

Sounds good at that bundle price John+Kenny :) 

Will pull the trigger on it then, plus whatever the delivery would be down to Dublin if thats not included. PM and let us know whats the best way to get the funds to you. Thanks again.
    Hey McDermotX.

No problem at all.

If you drop me your number in a PM I can give you call.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.