Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is it with posters in the middle of the night?

• 09-10-2017 5:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

Ok..I'm 5 hours ahead of most of you and suddenly seeing loads of people positing at all times of the night/ morning from home

What do you all be doing if not sleeping?

I've already had breakfast 2 hours ago and am heading out for the day.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Night shift

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Night shift

Same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Have you no work to be doing? :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Have you no work to be doing? :)

No need for the four letter word this hour of the day :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Started work half an hour ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

I'm nocturnal. I also thought this thread was about posters falling off walls in the middle of the night :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

We're all on the dole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Am 7 hours ahead of Ireland so it's the middle of the day here for me now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

I couldn't sleep at 2am and am heading to work now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We stay up all night bulk buying tickets for events and then we sell them onto people at a higher price!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I am delighted with the increase of nighttime posters. I have a tiny human doing the hokey cokey in my womb so haven't slept properly in months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I keep a small herd of alpacas who are currently going through a season of being in heat.

They will only do the sexy time during the middle of the night (as that is late evening back in their naive countries). So I had stay up and supervise.

Picking up discarded rubber johnnies from the meadow, and putting them in the bin, and wiping makeup off the females all morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Rick Shaw wrote: »
    I keep a small herd of alpacas who are currently going through a season of being in heat.

They will only do the sexy time during the middle of the night (as that is late evening back in their naive countries). So I had stay up and supervise.

Picking up discarded rubber johnnies from the meadow, and putting them in the bin, and wiping makeup off the females all morning.

Clearly you're still asleep and dream posting..... and in need of a lot of therapy....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭shoegal1

I'm 7 hrs behind ye at the mo. 1.01am here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Vampires

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Insomnia, although I was only lurking last night or this morning. I got exactly 0 minutes sleep, so work today will be good. I've just started and my eyes are falling out of my head.

I probably look hungover with the bloodshot eyes on me, but I had nowt.

Vampires

Shush you, we're meant to be secret!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Am 6 ½ hours ahead of most people, so... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

What do you all be doing if not sleeping?

Don't sleep much.

Bed for 2, awake again at 7.

Dunno if that fits in the timeframe you're thinking of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

My dear old fellow-nightbird - there's a clue in the name:
    It's called "After Hours" for a reason. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Rick Shaw wrote: »

llamest excuse ever.

Grayson wrote: »
    llamest excuse ever.

Oh how I wish I could thank multiple times!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

mike_ie wrote: »

Tell me about the future!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

mike_ie wrote: »

You're ahead of everyone on here Mike :)

Just had a day touring the city and heading back to base for another curry!

Advertisement