Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Buddy, Walkinstown

• 09-10-2017 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

I'm hoping to find someone to join me on early morning runs in/around Walkinstown Park. I'm finding it hard to get motivated again - I used to run 5K quite comfortably, but the past year has taken over and I'm quite out of shape. Hopefully as a running buddy I can both get and offer extra motivation. I'd like to get out 3 times a week, first thing if there are any early birds out there? I'd take my husband - but he is anything but an early bird!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Dortilolma wrote: »
    I'm hoping to find someone to join me on early morning runs in/around Walkinstown Park. I'm finding it hard to get motivated again - I used to run 5K quite comfortably, but the past year has taken over and I'm quite out of shape. Hopefully as a running buddy I can both get and offer extra motivation. I'd like to get out 3 times a week, first thing if there are any early birds out there? I'd take my husband - but he is anything but an early bird!

Post it in the Athletic forum.

Also why do a parkrun on a sat morning at 930, loads of people at them, so thats 1 of your runs sorted.

I would recommend joining a fit 4 life at a club or just join a club. Evening stuff I know, but great social aspect to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Also why do a parkrun on a sat morning at 930, loads of people at them, so thats 1 of your runs sorted.

Excuse my ignorance, but what's a parkrun? I'm cycling in and out of work these days, but would like to keep my ability to run 5 (or even 10km) alive. I'm in Lucan village.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

never mind, I got over my laziness and googled it!

Edit: Sorry for the semi-hijack..... average_runner what are the facilities like up in Griffeen?. If I cycle up is it safe to leave your bike there?.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Dortilolma

Thanks for the info on clubs average_runner. I've done the Tymon Park run before, and yes it's a good one for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

ArthurG wrote: »
    never mind, I got over my laziness and googled it!

Edit: Sorry for the semi-hijack..... average_runner what are the facilities like up in Griffeen?. If I cycle up is it safe to leave your bike there?.

Hi,

Parkrun is good in Griffeen. There is a bike rack i think in the car park, but if you lock it near the start and finish line it should be ok as alot of stewards etc around there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement