Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor claims that current Breast Cancer Treatment is Barbaric & Brutal

Options
  • 09-10-2017 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I saw this video and article this morning in which Dr McDougall explains why he thinks that Breast Cancer Treatment is Barbaric & Brutal.

What do you think?

The first randomized controlled trial comparing treatments, published in The New England Journal of Medicine in 1989, titled "Eight-year results of a randomized clinical trial comparing total mastectomy and lumpectomy with or without irradiation in the treatment of breast cancer," showed no survival benefits regardless of the aggressiveness of surgery. They found that there was no significant difference in the rates of distant-disease-free survival among the women who underwent lumpectomy (with or without irradiation), despite the greater incidence of recurrence of tumor in the ipsilateral (same) breast in those who received no radiation. A 25-year follow up confirmed these conclusions.

The male-dominated medical business seems unstoppable with respect to changing their professional behaviour toward women, regardless of more than a half-century of conclusive, consistent scientific evidence, incriminating, beyond argument, their misdeeds. To summarize, so that you can have some control over your future: You must save yourself by becoming well-informed; do not depend exclusively on those in the medical businesses to make your choices.

Full article here

https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2017nl/sep/170900.htm

See his youtube on the same topic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I smell bullsh it off this. Does this McDougall guy have Oncology qualifications?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The name sounds familiar. Militant vegetarian?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Let me guess, another "let's not have medicine that works - let's eat kale and light a candle to the goddess Kardashia ?"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Read this and tell me if you'd let this person treat you for a common cold, let alone cancer...

https://www.drmcdougall.com/about/dr-john-mcdougall/
    A physician and nutrition expert who teaches better health through vegetarian cuisine, John A. McDougall, MD has been studying, writing, and speaking out about the effects of nutrition on disease for over 30 years. Dr. John and Mary McDougall believe that people should look and feel great for a lifetime. Unfortunately, many people unknowingly compromise their health through poor dietary habits.

Dr. McDougall is the founder and director of the nationally renowned McDougall Program: a ten-day residential program that he and Mary McDougall host at a luxury resort in Santa Rosa, CA where medical miracles occur through diet and lifestyle changes. In addition to her formal training as a nurse, Mary McDougall provides many of the delicious recipes that make the McDougall Program not only possible, but also a pleasure. Dr. McDougall has cared for thousands of patients for almost 3 decades. His program not only promotes a broad range of dramatic and lasting health benefits but, most importantly, can also reverse serious illnesses including high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes and others, all without the use of drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Read this and tell me if you'd let this person treat you for a common cold, let alone cancer...

https://www.drmcdougall.com/about/dr-john-mcdougall/

I would't let that quack hold my empty glasses case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Hmmm something sounds fishy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_A._McDougall
    John A. McDougall (born May 17, 1947) is an American physician and author who has written that degenerative disease can be prevented and treated with a low-fat, whole foods, plant-based vegan diet—especially one based on starches which excludes animal foods and added vegetable oils.

Yeah hes a fvcking quack.

OP by any chance are you a member of any facebook antivax groups? Would that be where you found this video and article by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

The male-dominated medical business seems unstoppable with respect to changing their professional behaviour toward women, regardless of more than a half-century of conclusive, consistent scientific evidence, incriminating, beyond argument, their misdeeds.

Damn you you've done it again! Saving women's lives by cutting off their breast. How barbaric and sexist.

430109.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Another kale quack who thinks eating a fist full of leaves is better that actual medicine and science.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Breast cancer is one of the most survivable cancers you can get. Cancer treatment is never nice (my mother did chemo for breast cancer 10 years ago), but it works for the most part. No doubt it can be improved upon, medicine is always refining itself, but it gives you the best chance of staying alive.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 49 joefromireland

Let me guess, another "let's not have medicine that works - let's eat kale and light a candle to the goddess Kardashia ?"

If medicine works why are so many people on so many medicines for life, if the medicines really worked then you would take your medicine for a few weeks and then you would be cured.
    Just as many people are fooled by politicians, many people are fooled by big business who sell us carefully crafted processed food that has range of flavours and an unnatural combination of salt, sugar and fat not found in any natural food,these carefully tried and proven recipes are formulated for long shelf life and also to get repeat purchases by convincing the brain that this is the ideal food with plenty of calories for you to eat, one bite and the correct combination of salt, sugar & fat and the brain is convinced that the processed food is better than the whole plant food that we have eaten for 1000 of years and then we have doctors who should know better telling us we can continue to eat the foods that caused the problems in the first place as long as we go back to them every month for a lifetime supply of pills.

Have a look at Food as Medicine: Preventing and Treating Disease with Diet - Dr. Michael Greger

or here

• Advertisement

many people are fooled by big business who sell us carefully crafted processed food that has range of flavours and an unnatural combination of salt, sugar and fat not found in any natural food,these carefully tried and proven recipes are formulated for long shelf life and also to get repeat purchases by convincing the brain that this is the ideal food with plenty of calories for you to eat, one bite and the correct combination of salt, sugar & fat and the brain is convinced that the processed food is better than the whole plant food that we have eaten for 1000 of years and then we have doctors who should know better telling us we can continue to eat the foods that caused the problems in the first place as long as we go back to them every month for a lifetime supply of pills.

Have a look at Food as Medicine: Preventing and Treating Disease with Diet - Dr. Michael Greger

or here

You know the way chore sex guy and badabing also have this fixation with delving into the whole "were we happier as hunter gatherers" shtick, and the former has this pattern where he links a youtube video of some talk to really substantiate some insane theory?

Just sayin'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

And you think those Food as medicine guys aren't trying to sell you something?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

In years to come we will be injected with nanobots at birth. They will monitor and kill all disease at source. So no more pills, no more quacks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

If medicine works why are so many people on so many medicines for life, if the medicines really worked then you would take your medicine for a few weeks and then you would be cured.
    Just as many people are fooled by politicians, many people are fooled by big business who sell us carefully crafted processed food that has range of flavours and an unnatural combination of salt, sugar and fat not found in any natural food,these carefully tried and proven recipes are formulated for long shelf life and also to get repeat purchases by convincing the brain that this is the ideal food with plenty of calories for you to eat, one bite and the correct combination of salt, sugar & fat and the brain is convinced that the processed food is better than the whole plant food that we have eaten for 1000 of years and then we have doctors who should know better telling us we can continue to eat the foods that caused the problems in the first place as long as we go back to them every month for a lifetime supply of pills.

or here

Up until as recently as 1900 the average world life expectancy was 30ish. Now that we're all eating processed foods, sugar and trans fat life expectancy is mid 70s. Ergo processed foods make you live longer. It's pretty obvious really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Are kebabs part of this food as medicine? If they are I'm going to live forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

And you think those Food as medicine guys aren't trying to sell you something?

A luxury week in Santa Clara eating grass and dandelions.

"We source all of our super fresh food locally [in the back garden]."

My wife underwent treatment for breast cancer and her surgeon and her oncologist were female. She had surgery, chemo, radiation therapy, bio therapy and hormone therapy and is out the other side looking ten years younger.

Advertisement