Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ETB Slow with Statement of Service

Options
  • 09-10-2017 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with getting a statement of service of an ETB. I moved to a school closer to home and predictably the department was looking for an SoS so I emailed the ETB for it back in July. I got no response from them, so in mid August I emailed again to see what was happening, again receiving no response. I've rang them twice since and have been given excuses and promises everytime but still no SoS three months on.
    Any advice is much appreciated, cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Sounds familiar. Tell them you'll call in on x date and that you'll wait for it if it's not ready!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

A mention at the union's regular Stage 3 meeting as a personal case might nudge things along.

I know in our ETB that sort of thing was handled (on top of all her other regular work) by one woman on her own. It entailed (if the person was a long-time staff member) rooting through files and ledgers of old part time returns and even with her best efforts could take months.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭infor123

Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with getting a statement of service of an ETB. I moved to a school closer to home and predictably the department was looking for an SoS so I emailed the ETB for it back in July. I got no response from them, so in mid August I emailed again to see what was happening, again receiving no response. I've rang them twice since and have been given excuses and promises everytime but still no SoS three months on.
    Any advice is much appreciated, cheers

I often find emails get lost or ignored. I had to do this at the start of academic year. Rang ETB, asked for one got it within the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Liberal_irony

I've been bounced from one office to another each one saying the other one is handling it. After ringing yesterday I found out no one has done anything about it in the 3 months I've been looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Bet they are blaming the merging county ETB too. I'd be calling in to the CEO or contacting a local TD for assistance at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Liberal_irony

Was thinking of going to the Ombudsman but the TD might be a better option

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

A mention at the monthly Stage Three would get it done quicker, I reckon (and rub less people up the wrong way).

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭infor123

I've been bounced from one office to another each one saying the other one is handling it. After ringing yesterday I found out no one has done anything about it in the 3 months I've been looking for it.

Not to add to your angst but department have a backlog of these to sort apparently and they are taking 6-8 weeks once submitted.

Advertisement