Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a new account

Options
  • 09-10-2017 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Good Morning. I would like to know the reason for the delay on opening my bank account. I went to the Wilton branch on August 26th, and I still don't have any answer about my account. Some people, from the same organization, who arrived after me, already have their bank accounts. I went to the branch several times, called, sent emails, message on Facebook, sent extra documentation, and always get the same answer, to wait a few days. Last time that I went to the branch, they told me that the reason is because Brazil is a high risk country, although you don't need to say that to your customers, because when you say it, you're implying that everyone from that country is a high risk person. I'm really uncomfortable with this situation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Carlosjr,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

We are sorry to hear you feel this way.  

It would never be our intention to cause you to feel uncomfortable.

Any restrictions that would be decided would be based on the economic circumstances in that given country rather then the residents of that country. 

Please be assured when they have reviewed your application they will be in contact with you as soon possible. 

If you would like to PM us we can contact the branch and inform them to keep you contacted on any updates.

Thanks,

Kareana

Advertisement