Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2 Sherpafest (PS4 Leviathan: Oct 17th-23rd)

Options
  • 09-10-2017 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

What is it?
    So most of you are probably familiar with the concept of a Clan-wise "Sherpafest". It's essentially a time for experienced Raiders to help guide, explain and "Sherpa" newer or less experienced players through the Raid.

How does it work?
    Players can sign up by replying to this thread and outlining if they are willing to Sherpa (help others) or would like to be Sherpee'd (be taken through the Raid)

When is it?
    Across a selection series of evenings that suit the 6 players who end up in your group

What do I need?
    A working mic/headset
    Be Power Level 265 (this is achievable with a few hours of finishing the campaign) at minimum, higher is better but not necessary
    About 2-3 hours

How will teams be made?
    Generally in the past, where possible, we've tried to match 4 experienced players with 2 players who have some/little/no raid experience

What now?
    Reply below and outline what days/evenings you are free and if you are:
    Willing to Sherpa (and how many characters/raids you'd be willing to do it on in that week)
    Have some Raid experience, but have not completed the entire Raid/individual encounters
    Have No Raid experience

PLEASE LIST YOUR PSN NAME

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

In - Sherpa (or as I suck at explaining things concisely, I'm willing to be one of the experienced players helping the new runners).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I should point out I am also down to Sherpa newbies. I'm free weekday evenings after 8pm and weekends from 6pm

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Throw me down to Sherpa, available most evening from 6ish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Down to sherpa, most evenings from 7pm.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I wouldn't be much use at describing stuff, but I've done the raid a few times so I know what I'm doing pretty well if another head is needed. Free most evenings from around 6ish.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »
    Down to shag, most evenings from 7pm.

FYP :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

jonnycivic wrote: »

Aren't we all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Down to shag, most evenings from 7pm.
    Aren't we all.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

4e845fec78459131ff4eab4ceeb28b75d94f5319195a3db7c732e9947cef5f99_1.jpg

Back on Topic.

If there are heads needed for late starts (:rolleyes:) I can be used as an "experienced" head. Know the mechanics, but there's a reason I'm not a teacher. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I'd love to be a Sherpee (Power just north of 270). 8PM starts are fine for me, if it's not a school night the youngfella I'm sure would be willing to drag his old man through the encounters. Presumably not Prestige Mode (is that due out this week?) for the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I'd like to be sherpa'd, on most evenings at 6 or 7 except Monday and Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ginger_hammer

Can I go down for sherpa'd please. I'm 300 but have never tried raid yet. I can make time whenever necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Happy to help out even if its just to make up the numbers. Online most evenings from 9.

Fwiw, basically when we have all the names, At the end of this week/start of next week, I'll put together a comprehensive list of some rough teams/schedule. Then it'll be on your individual group of 6 to work out specifics etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Would like to put my name down as a sherpee please. Haven't run the raid yet. Weeknights suit me mostly. Can anyone recommend good raid mechanic videos to watch? I had avoided them as the encounters seems to be an odd order and it put me off watching. Didn't want to watch out of sequence.

PetKing wrote: »
    Would like to put my name down as a sherpee please. Haven't run the raid yet. Weeknights suit me mostly. Can anyone recommend good raid mechanic videos to watch? I had avoided them as the encounters seems to be an odd order and it put me off watching. Didn't want to watch out of sequence.

Datto has videos covering all the encounter

Around page 16 on this thread we started discussing tactics also
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057548870&page=16

Hoping to keep this thread as clutter free as possible so will link guide the videos there for you (and others)

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Deffo Sherpee here. Gonna ding 20 tonight. Plan on grinding banner/strikes to get req light. Will have all the time in the world from Friday onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Still haven't run it yet, so Sherpee. Prob available Wed to Sat next week, 8pm onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Happy to help out even if its just to make up the numbers. Online most evenings from 9.

Fyi/fwiw/rip/USB we already had you down to cover the graveyard shift with Knave.

• Advertisement

Fyi/fwiw/rip/USB we already had you down to cover the graveyard shift with Knave.

giphy.gif

CDB, hold on to those rez tokens, you'll need them.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

CDB, hold on to those rez tokens, you'll need them.

Rez's be like 2frdUtv
    dance-share-destiny-143OU9tGwdAEb6giphy.gif
    ey3yyonppo

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Stick me down as a semi-sherpa. I've completed the raid about ten times now and and know the mechanics. Explaining **** to others is where I'll struggle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'll pop my name in for sherpaness.

Well kinda; I can sort of explain the things

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dzbtrout

No raid experience. Available 17th & 18th October from 21:30. Right now 283 power. PSN alias Daithi_Zarkov68

• Registered Users Posts: 5 terryc63

Not one the raid yet stick me in please would like to get it done all characters high enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Longford Leader

Sherpee here. Hunter 285

Online from 9.30/10pm any night.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

Stick me down as a sherpee. Sitting at 280 at the minute. Watched a few guides on the raid but yet to run it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Stick me down as a semi-sherpa. I've completed the raid about ten times now and and know the mechanics. Explaining **** to others is where I'll struggle

Similar position myself. Have a few completions now so happy to semi-sherpa also. Will be good for two runs I'd say, preferably weekend runs, one Friday, one Saturday.

Advertisement