Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2 Sherpafest (PS4 Leviathan: Oct 17th-23rd)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Been told that the earliest I can expect my power to be back is Friday 8pm (which I am not banking on, particularly with this 2nd "storm" inbound") So I might not be able to participate in this in the capacity I would have hoped. Probably gonna go stay with my sister for a weekend but she has a baby so talking loudly on a headset for a few hours would definitely be outstaying my welcome.

All is quiet in château genericsistersnotdreadheads house not a creature is stirring not even a mouse, when out of the game room there arise such a clutter.

SUCK A DICK it was shouted at top of the lungs.
    And that's how generic got kicked out in the cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Longford Leader

Can you take me off the list, please?

I'm off to school to learn how to read so I don't join another ps4 raid thread while playing destiny on a xbox :rolleyes::o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Can you take me off the list, please?

I'm off to school to learn how to read so I don't join another ps4 raid thread while playing destiny on a xbox :rolleyes::o

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Same as generic with me . No power since Monday and it's looking like Sunday before I get power down in my part of west Cork. MADMADRA32

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

New Table

No. PSN/Boards Name Exp Level Availability Assigned a Slot? Day/Time? PoC Status
    1 GenericDreadHead Sherpa Weekday evenings after 8pm and weekends from 6pm - - - MIA
    2 Conovar Sherpa Can't play Saturday night. - - - -
    3 JonnyCivic Sherpa Most evening from 6ish - - - -
    4 Dudeeile Sherpa Evenings from 7pm. - - - -
    5 Wonda-boy Sherpa - - - - -
    6 DeadlyByDesign Newbie -
    7 Daithi_Zarkov68 Newbie Available 17th & 18th October from 21:30.
    8 Maxiburke Newbie -
    9 Roadie_2013 Newbie -
    10 Dr_Rod_Doom Newbie 9:30/ 10:00 on Friday or a bit earlier on Sunday
    11 The40Watt Newbie -
    12 OnlyTobes Newbie Available Wed to Sat next week, 8pm onwards. Yes Friday
    13 Yakuza Newbie 8PM starts are fine for me Yes 9pm Tue JonnyCivic Ongoing
    14 Terryc63 Newbie Any night from 7 Yes 9pm Tue JonnyCivic Ongoing
    15 ginger_hammer Newbie - Yes Tue/Wed Dudeeile Done!
    16 Petking Newbie Weeknights Yes Tue/Wed Dudeeile Done!
    17 DoctorJimbob Newbie Evenings at 6 or 7 except Monday and Wednesday Yes Tue/Wed Dudeeile Done!
    18 SolvableKnave Experienced Evenings from 9pm.
    19 CDBWhoop Experienced 9:30 Wednesday and Thursday night
    20 Totzire1 Experienced - Helping
    21 L_Carruth Experienced - Helping
    22 Goon_Magee Experienced Preferably weekend runs, one Friday, one Saturday.
    23 MadMadra32 Experienced Available Saturday evening/night MIA
    24 McMafia77 Experienced Friday or Saturday night
    25 ChimpAhoy Experienced -
    26 Dmehigan Experienced Friday & Saturday nights 8 pm ish onwards. Helping
    27 Notorious Experienced Thurs & Fri night from 8 or 9.
    28 Dreadaxe Experienced - Helping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So we still potentially have a team of 5 for tonight.

Conovar
    dmehigan
    Totz
    Dude
    onlyTobes
    *Noobie*

Still a spot for a noobie to be added to the team. If we can't find another noobie, anyone else want to join up to make it a team of 6 - would be good to just a single noobie through if thats what it comes to, rather than just not doing it. Would be looking to kick off some time around 9.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭McMafia77

I'll go if theres a spot. Dr.Rod Doom is on the spread sheet for Friday nights, so if he wants to go tonight I'll defer, as Im available to try it tomorrow if theres another Sherpa run going!!

McMafia77 wrote: »
    I'll go if theres a spot. Dr.Rod Doom is on the spread sheet for Friday nights, so if he wants to go tonight I'll defer, as Im available to try it tomorrow if theres another Sherpa run going!!

Feck it, you're in. Been plenty of time for dom to reply!

6 spots sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

No joy last night, got a few good runs with Callus down to a sliver of health, but I found the third (and sometimes the second) round of skulls to be very difficult, holes and barriers all over the place. Also found ammo an issue, one of the last runs I ran out of primary ammo when trying to kill a psion...so over the edge I went :(.
    I think we're picking up tomorrow night as several not around tonight. I'll probably let ninja run my character, he seems to have better aim than me...

Yakuza wrote: »
    I'll probably let ninja run my character

Really don't understand this line of thinking

• Advertisement

Really don't understand this line of thinking

It's not about not understanding.... It's a sherpa fest. Subbing your kid in would just be poor form.

It's more about me not wanting to be a burden on the rest of the fireteam. He gets a kick out of it, my character gets the goodies and the entire group isn't repeatedly f*cked over by my shortcomings.

It's only a game, one that I happen to enjoy, but not something that I'll lose sleep over if I don't personally do everything on my own.
    In that encounter it's not really possible to carry anyone, and I felt that I was responsible for more than my fair share of wipes, whether it was me running out of ammo or getting tipped over a raised flagstone or falling through a missing one.

I will start myself, but if it goes south, I'll let him do the encounter. He got over 900k damage on each of the two runs he was involved in, I got about 600k on average, he seems to have a better knack with the crits than I do.

Stop worrying about how much damage you are doing and start focusing on what the other 5 players are doing wrong and let them know about it

The others are doing fine! It's my performance that I think is the weakest link.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Stop worrying about how much damage you are doing and start focusing on what the other 5 players are doing wrong and let them know about it
    The others are doing fine! It's my performance that I think is the weakest link.

Listen to Generic, he has mastered the art of telling the other 5 what they are doing wrong.

If you are doing the least damage, you need to be more vocal.
    Talk about every single death you experience, at length, every death is bulls**t.
    Are you out of Ammo? Your team mates can't do anything about that, but you should ensure you let them know several times.
    Doing something solo and it has no relevance to anything? Call. It. Out! T
    hose 2 centurions you killed at the start of the encounter, let your teammates KNOW they are dealt with!
    Doing really well as a team, things going smoothly but someone wiffs a grenade throw? That needs to be 100% of what every should concentrate on, draw everyones attention to it.
    And remember: Shame. Every. Panic. Super!
    Someone using a roaming super to clear ads? Ask why? are they a f**king b***? Are they using a sword? Either way, get in their face about it.
    Raids are 80% communication, 20% execution

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Yakuza wrote:

No one cares man I'd rather spend 4 nights on callus to get a sherpee through than have them get someone else play for them at boss.

You'd learn nothing.
    So you ran out of ammo and died thats a learning experience, next time you hold back some ammo during ads/dps and save it for skull room.
    Or call out for example your left hey jcd over on right I'll need help next psion I've no ammo.

That's how you improve, I'd be way way more annoyed at you giving up than dying a few dozen times.

Took me 3 days to beat dogs first time now we can do it in one rotation, am I suddenly a better player with sniper aim.. No I just got familiar, comfortable and experienced with the encounter, you'll do the exact same man. Just take your time and have fun.

I appreciate all the words of encouragement and yes, I would prefer to do something myself. I am a believer in constant improvement (hell, I'm still doing exams in my late 40s) but that's a bit tempered by the fact that there are others I'm letting down. And, not gonna lie, after about two hours' playing I start to get the "are-you-still-playing-that-fooking-game???!!!" look from the missus, so I have that to bear in mind as well!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I appreciate all the words of encouragement and yes, I would prefer to do something myself. I am a believer in constant improvement (hell, I'm still doing exams in my late 40s) but that's a bit tempered by the fact that there are others I'm letting down. And, not gonna lie, after about two hours' playing I start to get the "are-you-still-playing-that-fooking-game???!!!" look from the missus, so I have that to bear in mind as well!

Dont worry about the missus, if you must tell her that you are playing the game so you have more to bond with your son over :P

As per your performance, your doing grand so dont worry about it. Sure I think it was my death on plate 1 that done us over when we had our 90 stack. These things happen but its all clicked so we will nail him tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭onlyTobes

Dont worry about the missus, if you must tell her that you are playing the game so you have more to bond with your son over :P

I have found this works for me most of the time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

We all wiped just as much as you did the first few runs through, possibly even more, it's just a case of getting used to where the gaps/ramps/slightly raised pebbles are.

The raid isn't hard, it's just about getting the mechanics down. Once it clicks, you're grand. You seen that with the 3 encounters sure.
    wipe, wipe, wipe, that was it? Really?

I can Sherpa people again! Yay! \o/

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5 terryc63

I'm the other newbie in your group and I think we are giving it a good go every time we have just been unfortunate we started as a fire team and should finish as one. Don't let it beat you the other guys have done a great job with us let's do it together.

If 2 of the Newbies/Sherpees wanna commit to either Sat, Sun or Mon. Let me know and I'll organise a run

If 2 of the Newbies/Sherpees wanna commit to either Sat, Sun or Mon. Let me know and I'll organise a run

I should be able to run Sunday and Monday.

Out tomorrow night so not around.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

I can give a hand on Sunday, thought I'd be free tonight and Saturday, out tomorrow night though and only on for a wee while tonight.

Are the folks in JohnnyCivic's fireteam (JC, Eire, Carruth, Dreadaxe and Terry) ok for tomorrow night (Sunday). I was out last night and will probably be in the doghouse if I raid tonight.

I won't get on til Monday evening so a sub may needed to replace me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well I can do tomorrow or Monday if need be?

Advertisement