Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2 Sherpafest (PS4 Leviathan: Oct 17th-23rd)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 terryc63

Any night is fine with me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Either suits me.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DinoSteve

I can Sherpa normal raid, if thats of any use psn is steveeire, apart from tonight trying to get enough people to finish prestige.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Since there was 6 people who put their names down to be "Sherpa'd" but never ended up doing a run (for whatever reason), I'm thinking let's extend the scope of this Sherpafest out another week.
    I'm going to message those 6 people on PSN to remind them to check in here for available days/times this week cause the Sherpees need to drive the conversation around availability.
    Also, it seems Calus is being his usual d**khead self and tripping groups up so they end up needing to do a few nights at it, which happens tbf :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Since there was 6 people who put their names down to be "Sherpa'd" but never ended up doing a run (for whatever reason), I'm thinking let's extend the scope of this Sherpafest out another week.
    I'm going to message those 6 people on PSN to remind them to check in here for available days/times this week cause the Sherpees need to drive the conversation around availability.
    Also, it seems Calus is being his usual d**khead self and tripping groups up so they end up needing to do a few nights at it, which happens tbf :P

Did you get the run finished Saturday night with Tobes and Mafia?

I had said I'd be around tonight for a sherpa run but its likely I won't get on to the PS4 until around 10 tonight.

Happy to try another sherpa run during the week, after reset.

• Advertisement

Nope. There wasn't enough people online (either from the group ye had, or Destiny 2 in general).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Bugs and glitches are getting stupid now, prestige raid is a frustration **** fest even without glitches that are so bad but the shadow realm on Calus is taking the piss for glitches!
    5 hrs on Calus last night and while we were making a few mistakes when you are doing it perfect and you get glitched its so frustrating beyond belief!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I was doing the raid a week or two ago, and it seemed like almost every run at Calus had at least one **** up in the shadow realm. At one point I hit one of the barriers, stopped for a second, then just sailed on past it for no reason.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Angron wrote: »
    I was doing the raid a week or two ago, and it seemed like almost every run at Calus had at least one **** up in the shadow realm. At one point I hit one of the barriers, stopped for a second, then just sailed on past it for no reason.

Yeah the last barrier on the right hand side for the last 2 weeks hasnt held me after round one, i just kept getting pulled through it, not over it.

Well on prestige because of the swapping in and out at the Calus stage it just makes the glitches even worse, really is not worth the effort in current state.

• Advertisement

Was tempted to try run Prestige this week, ye've turned me off it now :pac:

It is do able but a massive pain in the arse.

I was thinking about doing it this week - but it really doesn't feel worth the pain. All there is to it is the 'prespige' of doing it - there is no in game reason to do it over the normal mode.

Well there is the Aura, emblem, Armour and the shotgun thing, but were just doing it for rhe craic which disappeared when we where facing Calus. So I don't recommend 0/10, well until they fix it.

Edit: oh new shaders too.

DinoSteve wrote: »
    Well there is the Aura, emblem, Armour and the shotgun thing, but were just doing it for rhe craic which disappeared when we where facing Calus. So I don't recommend 0/10, well until they fix it.

Edit: oh new shaders too.

I've not even braved asking people to carry me through the arms dealer strike, so I wouldn't even get the shotgun out of it!

Nope. There wasn't enough people online (either from the group ye had, or Destiny 2 in general).

Honestly, bungie totally ****ed it up and apart from the Acrius shotgun quest there is nothing to gain at all bar the emblem.

Aura only lasts a week which is pathetic, armour is exact same with a different colour and the amount of bad glitches you have to endure is shocking.

For instance, I got 4 shaders and a 300 warlock bond for the whole prestige raid...total joke.

Only did it for the platinum trophy and the shotgun quest tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Updated table.

Any runs going on this evening for numbers 6 -> 13?

No. PSN/Boards Name Exp Level Availability Assigned a Slot? Day/Time? PoC Status
    1 GenericDreadHead Sherpa Weekday evenings after 8pm and weekends from 6pm - - - MIA
    2 Conovar Sherpa Can't play Saturday night. - - - -
    3 JonnyCivic Sherpa Most evening from 6ish - - - -
    4 Dudeeile Sherpa Evenings from 7pm. - - - -
    5 Wonda-boy Sherpa - - - - -
    6 DeadlyByDesign Newbie -
    7 Daithi_Zarkov68 Newbie Available 17th & 18th October from 21:30.
    8 Longford_Leader Newbie Online from 9.30/10pm any night.
    9 Maxiburke Newbie -
    10 Roadie_2013 Newbie -
    11 Dr_Rod_Doom Newbie 9:30/ 10:00 on Friday or a bit earlier on Sunday
    12 The40Watt Newbie -
    13 OnlyTobes Newbie Available Wed to Sat next week, 8pm onwards.
    14 Yakuza Newbie 8PM starts are fine for me Yes 9pm Tue JonnyCivic DONE
    15 Terryc63 Newbie Any night from 7 Yes 9pm Tue JonnyCivic DONE
    16 ginger_hammer Newbie - Yes Tue/Wed Dudeeile Done!
    17 Petking Newbie Weeknights Yes Tue/Wed Dudeeile Done!
    18 DoctorJimbob Newbie Evenings at 6 or 7 except Monday and Wednesday Yes Tue/Wed Dudeeile Done!
    19 SolvableKnave Experienced Evenings from 9pm.
    20 CDBWhoop Experienced 9:30 Wednesday and Thursday night
    21 Totzeire1 Experienced -
    22 L_Carruth Experienced -
    23 Goon_Magee Experienced Preferably weekend runs, one Friday, one Saturday.
    24 MadMadra32 Experienced Available Saturday evening/night
    25 McMafia77 Experienced Friday or Saturday night
    26 ChimpAhoy Experienced -
    27 Dmehigan Experienced Friday & Saturday nights 8 pm ish onwards.
    28 Notorious Experienced Thurs & Fri night from 8 or 9.

Updated to include the lads completion. I even heard some may have gotten RL's from the raid too :P

So from the list above we have 8 newbies to go through the raid.

Do 2 of the newbie lads want to put their hands up for a mid week raid this week and I will organise an ould group?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Updated to include the lads completion. I even heard some may have gotten RL's from the raid too :P

Benedict is my best bud again.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Benedict is my best bud again.

He gave you the ould reach around and an RL :P

• Advertisement

He gave you the ould reach around and an RL :P

The details of the deal shall be forever a secret.

The details of the deal shall be forever a secret.

Benidict cant keep secrets, he told us all in the tower after the raid last night. He was even prepping a banner about it all too.

Benidict cant keep secrets, he told us all in the tower after the raid last night. He was even prepping a banner about it all too.

You don't know him like I do, we have something special,.

You don't know him like I do, we have something special,.

Thats what you think, i still havent stopped getting RL's off him so what does that say :P

For ease of reading, I've removed anyone who got it done last week from the Newbie/Experienced section (let the other experience lads who didn't do a run contribute this week instead).
    Sending PS message to the other 6 now, and moved the two lads who started but didn't finish it to the back of the queue (sorry, weekly reset has kicked in now so it's only fair to give the others some shot at the Raid 1st before helping ye finish it)

No. PSN/Boards Name Exp Level Availability Assigned a Slot? Day/Time? PoC Status
    1 GenericDreadHead Sherpa Weekday evenings after 8pm and weekends from 6pm - - - -
    2 Conovar Sherpa Can't play Saturday night. - - - -
    3 JonnyCivic Sherpa Most evening from 6ish - - - -
    4 Dudeeile Sherpa Evenings from 7pm. - - - -
    5 Wonda-boy Sherpa - - - - -
    6 DeadlyByDesign Newbie - - - - -
    7 Daithi_Zarkov68 Newbie Available 17th & 18th October from 21:30. - - - -
    8 Maxiburke Newbie - - - - -
    9 Roadie_2013 Newbie - - - - -
    10 Dr_Rod_Doom Newbie 9:30/ 10:00 on Friday or a bit earlier on Sunday - - - -
    11 The40Watt Newbie - - - - -
    12 SolvableKnave Experienced Evenings from 9pm. - - - -
    13 CDBWhoop Experienced 9:30 Wednesday and Thursday night - - - -
    14 Goon_Magee Experienced Preferably weekend runs, one Friday, one Saturday. - - - -
    15 ChimpAhoy Experienced - - - - -
    16 Dmehigan Experienced Friday & Saturday nights 8 pm ish onwards. Helping - - -
    17 Notorious Experienced Thurs & Fri night from 8 or 9. - - - -
    18 OnlyTobes Newbie Available Wed to Sat next week, 8pm onwards. Yes Friday - Attempted
    19 McMafia77 Experienced Friday or Saturday night Helping - - Attempted
    20 MadMadra32 Experienced Available Saturday evening/night - - - MIA

To reiterate, it's down to 2 Newbies to pick a time they are both 100% free and we will work around that (where possible), you can't expect us to be hounding ye to get this done, we're offering to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Speak now or forever hold your salt.

I can makeup numbers if there aren't enough experienced people to run. Have my titan more or less up to spec now so can run through with him instead of the warlock

If ye are in need of Sherpas I'm free Wednesday night on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Thanks again to JC, Carruth, Eire, Dread and Terry - got Callus done relatively easily (still a bit glitchy) after not too many wipes. The youngfella was sitting beside me giving a few pointers, but finally can say have scratched that itch. Happy to help out on future raids if needed.
    I got my 3rd RL and 3rd Ghost Primus but the first ones I've earned myself so they're that bit more special :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Won't be available until Sunday at the earliest.

Advertisement